Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 06:12 PM

836 posts, read 1,031,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Well it's called trump tower, so it is already named after him. Obviously.
Then what's the problem?? If it is named after him than why can't there be a sign up for his Brand? It's just a branding tactic. I don't understand what is so shocking. It is really a simple concept. "Obviously."
P.S. - even if you find out how to email this thread to him good luck having him 1) read it and 2) care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 06:59 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,262,628 times
Douchie or not he still has skin in the game, and he makes all final decisions regarding the Trump brand and how it is used. Maybe it will bring more visitors to Chicago or more guests to his hotel? I bet it is not as opulent as his digs in Manhattan.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:05 PM

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

It is a sign advertising the brand on the building. It's not like they are putting their name on someone's apartment building- the name is going on its OWN property. If this is the highlight for discussion in Chicago, I'm not sure how exciting life is there lol Kinda sad...

I would never have a problem with a Trump Sign going on a Trump property in Manhattan. lol

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-06-2014 at 10:36 PM..

Old 06-06-2014, 07:29 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,356,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgencincy View Post
It's a branding decision made by a marketing dept. not one person.
Ya. And what a coincidence it was trumps marketing dept. whys isn't there names plastered on every other high rise in chicago then? It was obviously trumps idea.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:02 PM

ahh copying & pasting doesn't work.

Anyway, went back to the comments. There seems to be several people who don't agree with you:

1) squirrels thinks it's funny
2) I disagree that it's tacky
3) Not Liking FL is surprised he waited this long
4) 5thgencincy says it's a branding decision made by mktg dept

So, not sure I was able to discover the problem based on the OP and "replies thereafter." I guess enjoy the revenue being brought in by Trump (whether you like it or not...) Sorry it's such a problem for you (and others)

P.S. I did look up an article, because I try to see things from two points of view. Trump is the type of guy that's 'Go Big or Go Home'. Period. So he is definitely doing the most with the sign... apparently he's adding LED features?? LOL I'm not saying he's not over the top, I'm just saying it wouldn't bother me. But then again NYC isn't known for the pleasing aesthetics as Chicago may be so...

Old 06-06-2014, 08:06 PM

1,971 posts, read 3,043,969 times
It would be cooler if the sign said "DONALD."

Old 06-06-2014, 08:39 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,356,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisce4 View Post
ahh copying & pasting doesn't work.

Anyway, went back to the comments. There seems to be several people who don't agree with you:

1) squirrels thinks it's funny
2) I disagree that it's tacky
3) Not Liking FL is surprised he waited this long
4) 5thgencincy says it's a branding decision made by mktg dept

So, not sure I was able to discover the problem based on the OP and "replies thereafter." I guess enjoy the revenue being brought in by Trump (whether you like it or not...) Sorry it's such a problem for you (and others)

P.S. I did look up an article, because I try to see things from two points of view. Trump is the type of guy that's 'Go Big or Go Home'. Period. So he is definitely doing the most with the sign... apparently he's adding LED features?? LOL I'm not saying he's not over the top, I'm just saying it wouldn't bother me. But then again NYC isn't known for the pleasing aesthetics as Chicago may be so...
Ok. So you just admitted it was "over the top." Oh, and sweet! LED features. Are we in middle school? How cool!

And right. Several people do disagree with me. That's expected. But you said you just couldn't understand. Well my point is that it shouldnt be that hard considering many people do agree with me and it's causing a debate on news stations about its tackiness, so given that it is making actual news stories, I don't get how one could "not understand."

Last edited by jman07; 06-06-2014 at 09:07 PM..

Old 06-06-2014, 10:46 PM

596 posts, read 820,812 times
Is Trump synonymous with Chicago? Just curious why he has to put his name on the building. This isn't Vegas.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:24 AM

Of course it's over the top! Like I said he's a Go big or go home guy. That's his style. It just wouldn't bother me.

During Super Bowl this year there was a ton of gaudy stuff everywhere and countless bud light signs promoting it. Just walked by it and kept it moving but guess that's just me

Old 06-07-2014, 07:22 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,225,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
I've seen his jet parked at LaGuardia many times. Guess how I knew it was his?
Does the color "orange" have anything to do with it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago