Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best Pizza Joint
Giordano's 22 28.21%
Beggar's 1 1.28%
Home Run Inn 7 8.97%
Gino's East 17 21.79%
Edwardo's 4 5.13%
Lou Malnati's 27 34.62%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 02:52 AM

278 posts, read 636,509 times

Advertisements

Responding to the original topic: pizza

I'm a huge pizza lover and I love pizza of all kinds, thin crust, stuffed, deep dish, new york, california, neopolitan, sicilian etc...

My very favorite pizza in the entire world is a Lou Malnati's deep-dish pepperoni with extra sauce, extra cheese, garlic and buttercrust. Order this at a Lou Malnati's, substitute sausage for pepperoni is just as good but different, and you will NOT be disappointed. Pepperoni and sausage together on a Lou's deep dish is a bit too much. They're already heavy enough as it is and the layer of sausage makes it over the top. Be sure to order the buttercrust. It brings out the flavor. The buttercrust only comes automatically on The Lou and the Classic Chicago which is basically what I described except with sausage instead of pepperoni and the Classic doesn't have extra sauce or garlic (it does have extra cheese, however). If you don't order one of those two specials you have to specify the buttercrust and it's worth it. Order it well-done and uncut if you're doing take out or delivery and don't want the crust to get soggy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 03:05 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,336,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeDurden View Post
My very favorite pizza in the entire world is a Lou Malnati's deep-dish pepperoni with extra sauce, extra cheese, garlic and buttercrust. Order this at a Lou Malnati's, substitute sausage for pepperoni is just as good but different, and you will NOT be disappointed. Pepperoni and sausage together on a Lou's deep dish is a bit too much. They're already heavy enough as it is and the layer of sausage makes it over the top. Be sure to order the buttercrust. It brings out the flavor. The buttercrust only comes automatically on The Lou and the Classic Chicago which is basically what I described except with sausage instead of pepperoni and the Classic doesn't have extra sauce or garlic (it does have extra cheese, however). If you don't order one of those two specials you have to specify the buttercrust and it's worth it. Order it well-done and uncut if you're doing take out or delivery and don't want the crust to get soggy.
Yeah, I usually go with buttercrust with sausage patty.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:04 PM

89 posts, read 272,604 times
1. uno's(best)
2. art of pizza
3. gino's east
4. giordano's
5. barconi's(in naperville, i think)

I have never ever had BAD pizza in chicago.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:19 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illstate89 View Post
1. uno's(best)
2. art of pizza
3. gino's east
4. giordano's
5. barconi's(in naperville, i think)

I have never ever had BAD pizza in chicago.
I've had bad at #2 and #3 and sickening (literally) at #4. Of course what's bad is subjective but what's sickening is objective.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:26 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,317,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I've had bad at #2 and #3 and sickening (literally) at #4. Of course what's bad is subjective but what's sickening is objective.
Maybe you just had a bad experience? I've never had "sickening" from Giordano's, and I've eaten their pizza many, many times. Worst it ever did to me was give me heartburn, but that was my fault for eating too much!

Old 02-21-2011, 11:30 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
don't shoot me, but the slices at whole foods are pretty good for thin crust and cheap 2 for 4 bucks

Old 02-21-2011, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
Maybe you just had a bad experience? !
Damn right I had a bad experience Andy, so bad I never went back.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
don't shoot me, but the slices at whole foods are pretty good for thin crust and cheap 2 for 4 bucks
Yeah, I like it too.

I also like the pizza at the Sbarro's on the Ohio Turnpike, no lie.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:05 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,264,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambridge31 View Post
Just wait until you get the Chicago treatment when you get here...
Tony reminds me of Mike North. Opinionated, direct, bombastic at times yet a guy who if you met in person could be enjoyable and entertaining to have a drink or bite with. Kinda "old School Chicago" in style and thought. Not PC, or fake polite but if he's your friend, would have your back if your in trouble.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:15 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,264,657 times
Oh, Lou's deep dish. Their thin crust is also outstanding!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago