Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 07:17 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,071,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwildfree View Post
on top of that, the first warning was for going 6-10 miles over the limit. then 3 months later, when im on my way home from work, not rushing to go anywhere, i drove 11+ miles over? negative. shenanigans. rabble rabble rabble.
Sure.
Honest
Two tickets and a warning.
Never sped before. Only time you speed was the two (?) times you actually got caught.
and you claim shenanigans.
I believe you.

But I doubt the judge will.
I believe the advice from the crowd was pay the fine, you aren't going to win and stop speeding before you get your license taken away or kill someone. I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 12:39 AM

44 posts, read 67,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
Sure.
Honest
Two tickets and a warning.
Never sped before. Only time you speed was the two (?) times you actually got caught.
and you claim shenanigans.
I believe you.

But I doubt the judge will.
I believe the advice from the crowd was pay the fine, you aren't going to win and stop speeding before you get your license taken away or kill someone. I believe.

what are you talking about two tickets? im done with you, lmao

just who do i write, thats all i wanted to know. alderman? city councilman? i'll figure it out on my on. again, thanks for those who offered more

Old 01-05-2015, 06:09 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times
Quote:
what are you talking about two tickets? im done with you, lmao

just who do i write, thats all i wanted to know. alderman? city councilman? i'll figure it out on my on. again, thanks for those who offered more
Honestly, just pay it and get it out of your head. YOU WILL NOT WIN A DISPUTE.

Do you really think the city/alderman/mayor/streets & sans/cops give a crap that you don't believe you were speeding and therefore, shouldn't pay the fine? No, they don't.

I had a friend with video of a tow truck towing his car from a spot where it was not supposed to be towed from. Even the tow truck driver and the person at the tow shop agreed. Guess what happened......He wasn't getting his car back until he paid the tow fee and was told to dispute it after that.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:16 AM

4,152 posts, read 7,944,003 times
Regardless you are naïve if you think you can beat it. Your best bet is to cut your loses and pay. If not there will be greater fines. Do it and be free. Stop worrying about it.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:11 AM

44 posts, read 67,030 times
well just an update, i spoke to the supervisor, and had no type of recourse, could not fight the ticket, but she reduced my fine to the original cost. it was $200 after i "failed to pay it in the allotted time" but i only paid $100

so i guess montly i'll be checking to see if cook county is trying to rob me any more, and i am also trying to make it a thing where they send you an email at least to let you know they want your money

Old 01-19-2015, 06:29 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times
Quote:
well just an update, i spoke to the supervisor, and had no type of recourse, could not fight the ticket, but she reduced my fine to the original cost. it was $200 after i "failed to pay it in the allotted time" but i only paid $100

so i guess montly i'll be checking to see if cook county is trying to rob me any more, and i am also trying to make it a thing where they send you an email at least to let you know they want your money
Where is the county going to get your email?

Old 01-19-2015, 06:56 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,432,497 times
I didn't think Cook Co ran the program I thought only the City of Chicago had the speed cam program. I just avoid them and/or rarely go into the city.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:05 AM

4,152 posts, read 7,944,003 times
If that is the case I think you did well. Most tickets you can go on a website to pay or to get intormation and it will tell you where to go and how to contest the ticket.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:19 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times
Quote:

so basically, how can i fight this, who can i get to help me fight this? and who do i contact about them sending out certified letters over tickets, or having a better notification system
1. Sit in a relaxed position on a comfortable, straight backed chair.
2. Place your wallet on the floor in front of you.
3. Lean over and kiss your money goodbye.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:13 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,071,386 times
Quote:

Either that, or you can NOT SPEED.

Those speed cameras are placed around grade schools and where kids play.
Your post should be titled; "I did something illegal which endangered others, how do I not take personal responsibility? "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago