Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 09:47 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,452,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
If that.

You forgot to mention how the pension crisis would surely throw a monkey wrench into his layover plans.
It might come to that when the CTA workers decide to take more direct action to highlight the degree that Rahm is powerless to really fix anything -- Judge finds Chicago's changes to pension funds unconstitutional - Chicago Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 10:42 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,527,488 times
lol. unbelievable. OP...your best bet is to do whatever the hell you want, and never come to city data again for advice. Surely you were expecting to go to an easily accessible neighborhood off the blue line and have it be EXACTLY like Bourbon St.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:17 PM

4,678 posts, read 4,996,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
lol. unbelievable. OP...your best bet is to do whatever the hell you want, and never come to city data again for advice. Surely you were expecting to go to an easily accessible neighborhood off the blue line and have it be EXACTLY like Bourbon St.
Why, because there were opinions that don't agree with yours? Get over yourself. Though you are correct in saying it's ultimately up to the OP to do what he wants.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:05 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,527,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Why, because there were opinions that don't agree with yours? Get over yourself. Though you are correct in saying it's ultimately up to the OP to do what he wants.
nah...It's the fact that someone ACTUALLY COULD bring the pension crisis into a topic like this...even if it stems from a joke. I don't give a flying f*ck what the OP does, I just gave my opinion. I also call out things that are wrong..like the "2 hours" it takes to get to logan square on the blue line when it really takes 30 min from O'Hare...K?

Old 07-28-2015, 10:27 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,928,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Schroeder View Post
If the OP really wants a blue line to a neighborhood experience, I'd get out at Damen. There's more stuff concentrated right there. Quirky shops, cheap food places, more people out and about and a good photo op from the elevated station
For what the OP wants, North and Damen is about 10 times better than Logan Square. It's lively all day and evening. The pleasures of Logan Square are more subtle and someone from out of town is more likely to say "huh?"

As far as "fears," nobody said anything about being mugged or raped or even pick pocketed. The northwest side of Chicago is safe. Most of us experienced travelers (3 million miles plus in my case) allow extra time for contingencies that may or may not occur, since missing your plane kinda sucks, especially if you're not a elite, high-budget flyer and the chance of being put on the next flight (if there is one) is close to zero. That's not fear, it's knowledge.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:38 AM

431 posts, read 450,318 times
I'm from Chicago and think 'huh?' every time I go to Logan Square.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:47 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,286,873 times
Quote:
3rded.

I don't mind Logan Square but I'm not sure an out of owner would get a big thrill out of it, unless they were an aspiring hipster.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:14 PM

1,265 posts, read 1,425,530 times
Quote:
If the OP really wants a blue line to a neighborhood experience, I'd get out at Damen. There's more stuff concentrated right there. Quirky shops, cheap food places, more people out and about and a good photo op from the elevated station
Yep, it's one of my favorite places in all of Chicago.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:20 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,928,637 times
Quote:
It has nice housing for a reasonable price considering how central a location it is. But the commercial and street scenes are kind of nonexistent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago