Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 04:45 AM

316 posts, read 1,181,826 times

Advertisements

I have told management and written down what has happened. I am neither lazy or scared, I am patient. I have seen him a handfull of times and he doesn't look me in the eye at this current time. I haven't threatened him or anything since I am waiting for him to say something. For that matter, my threat won't be "I'm going to kick your ass with my friends and a bag full of sharp metal rocks" but just to let him know that I do know who he is and a majority of the residents are on to him and watching what he does.
I'm not worried about being hurt any more then I would be walking down the street, what i don't want to deal with is verbal harrassment that is going to just unfairly attack me or any friends I might have visit on a consistent basis. We all have tempers and exchange words, but his were more hatefull to the point where I decided it was worth making a complaint for the safety of the building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 07:26 AM

2,467 posts, read 12,247,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe2008 View Post
I meant he seems afraid of what the guy will do if he finds out he was reported. And he shouldnt be afraid cause the guy will not and cannot do anyhting. if he does anything, or if anyhting happens, the racist will be the prime suspect right away. This is america, sue him for anything, theres a lot of volunteer lawyer organizations, and a lot of civil rights lawyers and organization. just google it.

So theres nothing to be afraid of, if he does anything, its even better, this guy could face serious jail time if he does anything, or possibly even for what he did. He assaulted you, it sounds like he did. assault=threatened you while he was close enough to hurt you=you were truly worried he might hurt you at the moment and he could have= you can sue and get money from him, and he can be arrested if you tell cops.

change the world

Now, I agree that the poster should do something if they choose to do so (and it sounds like they already have). You feel that you should "change the world" because in America you can sue him for anything? You're right, this is America and people, such as yourself, shouldn't just sue someone for anything....that isn't helpful at all. There are other ways to protect and stand up for yourself and the OP has taken these precautions. I don't know if your previous post was calling the OP lazy or scared because it was sooooo unintelligable, but if you were, that is really inappropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslok View Post
I have told management and written down what has happened. I am neither lazy or scared, I am patient. I have seen him a handfull of times and he doesn't look me in the eye at this current time. I haven't threatened him or anything since I am waiting for him to say something. For that matter, my threat won't be "I'm going to kick your ass with my friends and a bag full of sharp metal rocks" but just to let him know that I do know who he is and a majority of the residents are on to him and watching what he does.
I'm not worried about being hurt any more then I would be walking down the street, what i don't want to deal with is verbal harrassment that is going to just unfairly attack me or any friends I might have visit on a consistent basis. We all have tempers and exchange words, but his were more hatefull to the point where I decided it was worth making a complaint for the safety of the building.
Ditto that.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:10 PM

107 posts, read 142,494 times
theres chicago landlord tenant info on google on what you can do when this happens to you from another tenant.

Last edited by JohnDoe2008; 06-26-2008 at 09:24 PM..

Old 07-01-2008, 03:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,728 times
Default Racism

You can not do anything about someone calling you out of your name you just have to be the better person. However, file a complaint with the local police and then when he start making racism comments at least you have it document before you take matters in your own hands

Old 10-24-2008, 04:41 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonwattagelimit View Post
I find this whole "segregation" thing to be sort of ridiculous. As a native New Yorker, I can tell you, firsthand, New York is very segregated. But every single major American city is segregated. Every single one. I don't need to see the segregation index to tell you that, it's the plain truth. People like to live with people who are like them, ergo, segregation. Racism surely plays some role, and, yes, some places are more segregated than others, but the differences are not particularly noticeable. People of different races, ethnicities and socioeconomic backgrounds live together in certain areas. They will continue to do so. That's it.

I think what makes a city like New York seem not segregated is the way the city works. While people live in different neighborhoods, everyone takes the subway, many people work in Manhattan, often times you'll have to go to a different kind of neighborhood for some reason or other. I think you could say the same thing, albeit to a lesser degree, about Chicago. That's why, for my money, LA is the most segregated American city. All places are segregated, but in LA, the rich people get into their cars and go to the other areas with rich people, never even standing next to someone of a different race or economic class.

To repeat: everywhere is segregated. But certain things - namely, public transportation and an important urban core - create a situation in which different kinds of people are forced to mingle in certain capacities.
I agree with you. Each city has segregation in one way or another. Atlanta is an example I can give you. Atlanta is segregated to an degree. The further north you get in the city and metro area, fewer blacks are living there. If you go to the southern Atlanta suburbs, most of them are majority black. What makes Atlanta not seem that segregated is that most people WORK in Atlanta or in other counties where people of different races work together. You might see them gather at the clubs, but at the end of the day, people return to their neighborhoods. Another factor is that Atlanta metro is spread out like a wildfire. With the region being spread out, people aren't living on top of each other, so you don't always see who is living where. Another thing is that Atlanta has never had a "Little Italy" or a "Poletown" like Detroit, Chicago, or New York. You just don't have "ethnic" neighborhoods in the sense that you do in Chicago or New York, but there are parts of Atlanta populated mainly by blacks and areas populted mainly by whites. Atlanta only recent began to have large numbers of immigrants move to the city and while there is evidence of that in forms of new stores opening up to suit the cultures coming to Georgia, they are moving in during a different time. New York received immigrants early on and the new arrivals were often not welcomed in certain places, so they settled wherever they could and started their own neighborhoods. New immigrants kept coming and kept the characters of certain neighboods as time went on. Atlanta never had that. With that said, alot of blacks who moved to Atlanta often settled in places where there were many blacks already established there. Many also settled into other counties.
Segregation occurs in most places. How it occurs is another issue.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:33 AM

56 posts, read 143,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post

Racism most often comes from ignorance and a belief (often passed down through family) that people of certain groups are completely inferior. Being close friends with members of these groups is not something a true racist would ever do. period.
That sums up the Israeli view of the Palestinians. The view of many Whites towards Jews too. Light-skinned blacks are racist towards the dark ones, Spike Lee made a movie about it: School Daze. Light-skinned mestizos are racist towards the Amerindians.

I know of many Jewish people and light-skinned Blacks who were taught their racist ways from their fathers. I agree with you, your point about it being taught it is true.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:45 AM

56 posts, read 143,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingsomewhere View Post
yeah sorry for starting this thread. i know it's still america so racism should still exist everywhere. i guess i should have asked what the level of racism is in chicago. someone here said the south is far worse when it comes to racism, and i agree. almost anywhere where there is not much diversity has some form of racism. i started this thread because i wasn't too sure if chicago is a very racist town. it should not be as bad with it being the 3rd largest and diverse city in the nation. i am maryland-based and there is racism here and it's bad especially since there is not much diversity here. feel free to read threads about baltimore's problems which include racism. the racism here comes from both the blacks and whites, not just whites. i want to make sure that's clear. MD state's suburbs, though not all, share the same form of problems. i am about 15 minutes from the nation's capital (d.c.) and i've seen groups of rednecks here driving their typical pickup truck with confederate flag. 15 min. from downtown d.c. (the nation's capital). hard to believe.
Racism? I'm sure your talking about all the hurt and crimes committed by blacks against whites.

The last thing a black person has to worry about is crime from a White person. You are really a racist yourself, based on your post.

Every year in America there are 37,000 black on white rapes, and the reverse is statistically nil. Anyone can look it up. There are more White women raped by Blacks each year in the USA, than the entire amount of black men "lynched" in the entire history of the United States ever. This is fact, and anyone who doesn't like reading it, needs to fact check it for themselves and that's that.

You cannot get away with making anti-White racist statements like you do. It's not fair unless the truth is discussed alongside.

"I've seen rednecks driving pickups...."

Do you realize how racist you are? I've seen even more gang-bangers driving Escalades. Look at how biased you are.

I am utterly CONVINCED that people who are most conversant on "race", "racism" and "racial ideology" are the non-whites. You can surely bet that a black student may not know algebra II or English literature, but they damn well know all about racial issues, racial "heroes" and are conversant in the whole topic and can debate it. The exact opposite can be said for most Whites, and that's my observation. From what I've seen the Whites are the least smart and active when it comes to "racism".

Last edited by lionelrich; 10-26-2008 at 12:56 AM..

Old 10-26-2008, 12:50 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i love chicago. but if there are no other races in an area, and there is still a lot of tension then its not racial tension is it? its just tension driven by fear and violance and hatred. people are not born to hate, it is carefully cultivated in them by their community and given focus. the notion that in chicago that everybody is getting along fine until some other race shows up really isn't so is it?
i have a dream.
note i am non white.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:00 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionelrich View Post
Racism? I'm sure your talking about all the hurt and crimes committed by blacks against whites.

The last thing a black person has to worry about is crime from a White person. You are really a racist yourself, based on your post.

Every year in America there are 37,000 black on white rapes, and the reverse is statistically nil. Anyone can look it up. There are more White women raped by Blacks each year in the USA, than the entire amount of black men "lynched" in the entire history of the United States ever. This is fact, and anyone who doesn't like reading it, needs to fact check it for themselves and that's that.

You cannot get away with making anti-White racist statements like you do. It's not fair unless the truth is discussed alongside.

"I've seen rednecks driving pickups...."

Do you realize how racist you are? I've seen even more gang-bangers driving Escalades. Look at how biased you are.

I am utterly CONVINCED that people who are most conversant on "race", "racism" and "racial ideology" are the non-whites. You can surely bet that a black student may not know algebra II or English literature, but they damn well know all about racial issues, racial "heroes" and are conversant in the whole topic and can debate it. The exact opposite can be said for most Whites, and that's my observation. From what I've seen the Whites are the least smart and active when it comes to "racism".
HA! I knew I recognized your rhetorical style from somewhere, and now I remember. You're the guy who aped Gary Wiviott's identity here a couple months ago (we lthforum.com regulars really appreciate that) and started prowling around looking for anti-white racial conspiracies in the most innocuous posts. It was silly then, and it's still silly.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:49 AM

2,686 posts, read 7,871,502 times
Default rapes vs. lynching

Someone should address that fact that so many more white women are raped by blacks than black women are raped by white men. This discrepancy is staggering.

To see if someone is racist ask them if they would be okay with their white or hispanic or asiab daughter marrying a black man.

My parents are okay with this but I think they are the minority but even they warned us that mixed race kids would have it tough.

Right or wrong I think many who are okay with mixing with whites, hispanics, asians, and middle easterners, are not the same with blacks.

Someone should address the fact that 86 percent of section 8 is black, 11 percent is hispanic and 3 percent is white.. Blacks should not be 29 times more likely to be on section 8 than whites or 8 times more likely than hispanics. Black people need to step up and take responsibility for themselves and their actions and stop blaming everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago