Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 09:57 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times

Advertisements

I'd say the pass is a good value, assuming you're interested in all the attractions offered.

The Signature Room in the Hancock just had me buy one (overpriced, but still just one) drink and I could walk all around the floor with the camera. $10 or $11 or so. Sold. Strongly recommend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 10:01 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,897,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I'd say the pass is a good value, assuming you're interested in all the attractions offered.

The Signature Room in the Hancock just had me buy one (overpriced, but still just one) drink and I could walk all around the floor with the camera. $10 or $11 or so. Sold. Strongly recommend.
Yeah I would probably pass on the Sears tower and just go up to the signature room for a cocktail and the view. The other venues - at least three - sound more than interesting enough.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:40 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Yeah I would probably pass on the Sears tower and just go up to the signature room for a cocktail and the view. The other venues - at least three - sound more than interesting enough.
Now, if I got Sears folded into a pass with all the other stuff, then okay.

It basically works out that you get two admissions for free, compared to buying everything face value a la carte. There's nothing wrong with Sears other than that it's overpriced.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:35 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,897,405 times
Wow! What a freaking gorgeous city! Of course the buildings are amazing but the planters, the flowers, the hanging baskets, the trees and the parks all create such a complete and stunning environment. And is this place the Singapore of the states because at least The Loop is spit shined clean. I’ve never seen a city so devoid of trash and litter, it’s crazy! The Chicago city-data user who posted of his impressions of LA after his visit was being kind of his description of DTLA as a bit scruffy.

Just landed yesterday so still so much to see, Architecture Boat tour, Architecture Center and Oak Park tomorrow but just got back to the Hotel in the theater district after already walking eight miles today and hit up both The Art Institute and the Aquarium. The Pokémon freaks in Grant Park are more than a little distracting though lol!

We managed to slide into two of the secret four seats at the bar last night at Au Cheval bypassing the three hour wait by 100 minutes for an awesome burger and met some super fun locals at the Wolf Den (?) next door just diving into it to escape the showers with whom we drank with and became best buddies and they have already invited us to go to some local concerts with them, so, we approve of the Mid-Western friendliness!

On to more fun in your fantastic city!

Old 06-13-2019, 08:02 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Wow! What a freaking gorgeous city! Of course the buildings are amazing but the planters, the flowers, the hanging baskets, the trees and the parks all create such a complete and stunning environment. And is this place the Singapore of the states because at least The Loop is spit shined clean. I’ve never seen a city so devoid of trash and litter, it’s crazy! The Chicago city-data user who posted of his impressions of LA after his visit was being kind of his description of DTLA as a bit scruffy.

Just landed yesterday so still so much to see, Architecture Boat tour, Architecture Center and Oak Park tomorrow but just got back to the Hotel in the theater district after already walking eight miles today and hit up both The Art Institute and the Aquarium. The Pokémon freaks in Grant Park are more than a little distracting though lol!

We managed to slide into two of the secret four seats at the bar last night at Au Cheval bypassing the three hour wait by 100 minutes for an awesome burger and met some super fun locals at the Wolf Den (?) next door just diving into it to escape the showers with whom we drank with and became best buddies and they have already invited us to go to some local concerts with them, so, we approve of the Mid-Western friendliness!

On to more fun in your fantastic city!
Glad you are enjoying your trip! There are endless number of things to do in the summer. Lincoln park is really nice too with a great free zoo. Tons of cool neighborhoods and restaurants to try. Enjoy your trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago