Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 11:22 AM

4,641 posts, read 3,254,543 times

Advertisements

BabyBear1234, so glad you wrote in because a lot of great contributions were submitted! I have children the same age. And they love Millennium Park. Maggie Daly Park is HUGE! (It's on the most eastern end. Heck, even you'll find parents who enjoy it!). And on the western end is the Crown Fountain. Great for taking pictures. You might want to bring a second set of clothes so they can get splashed by the water!!!. And across the street on Madison Street is Pizano's Pizza. Ask if the Waiter, Chach, is there! You'll SEE why!!!... And yes, Navy Pier is a huge attraction. If it gets hot, you can duck inside and look at the shops, take in a movie, get something to eat. Bubba Gump is on the west end of navy pier and is nice; nicer for people who know/liked the movie....You can take the Brown Line L train for a round trip ride to see the city (or any train ride, really). But the Brown line is a nice route. There is a stop on Western Avenue in one of my favorite neighborhoods, Lincoln Square. You can do some shopping, check out an their independent bookstore called the book Cellar, and grab a bite... You will definitely NOT be bored on your trip. Enjoy!- Master Jay in Milwaukee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 09:17 AM

307 posts, read 255,896 times
Thank you everyone for your suggestions

We ended up going to the zoo, Navy Pier, the Water Tower Mall and the Field Museum along with walking around in between. The weather was pretty nice thankfully and we all enjoyed it. I wish we could've stayed a bit longer but it gets pretty pricey with 6 people. I don't know how you all live with all that traffic though...definitely makes me appreciate little ol' Fort Wayne, potholes and all lol Seriously though, I can't wait to go back and visit again!

Old 07-10-2019, 10:50 AM

BabyBear1234, glad you had a great time. That was undeniable! And now you have some places you can re-visit, or NEW places to try out, on your next visit! For me, coming from Milwaukee, as long as I stay north of where I-90 and I-94 merge, traffic is not too bad. And depending on the day of the week/time of the day, I can get to the south side on the expressway with relatively no problems. But you are right, traffic, especially downtown and near touristy places, can be pretty thick! Remember to tell anyone that says Chicago is TOO dangerous to visit, that that is not the case!.... I'm assuming you had a very SAFE visit????- Sincerely, Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 07-10-2019, 11:37 AM

307 posts, read 255,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
BabyBear1234, glad you had a great time. That was undeniable! And now you have some places you can re-visit, or NEW places to try out, on your next visit! For me, coming from Milwaukee, as long as I stay north of where I-90 and I-94 merge, traffic is not too bad. And depending on the day of the week/time of the day, I can get to the south side on the expressway with relatively no problems. But you are right, traffic, especially downtown and near touristy places, can be pretty thick! Remember to tell anyone that says Chicago is TOO dangerous to visit, that that is not the case!.... I'm assuming you had a very SAFE visit????- Sincerely, Master Jay in Milwaukee

Yep it was a safe visit and we saw lots of young families everywhere which was nice

Old 07-10-2019, 11:49 AM

BabyBear1234, Amen to that! Chicago overall is safe, clean, and family oriented. Some areas may not be all those things, but I've seen all the positives of the city! I'm glad you and your family did, too. Be sure to reach out me t time you visit. There's a lot of great comments and ideas from people on this site! Take care, Master Jay in Milwaukee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago