Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 02:48 PM

58 posts, read 38,552 times

Advertisements

Entitled??? There's no cure for ignorance. Smh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugal Audiophile View Post
You can't lose something that never belonged to you in the first place. Extremely entitled attitude. Jobs are NOT automatic, an EMPLOYER decides who to give it to. It's up to you to convince them to give it to you, if you can't do that, then that's on YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2020, 02:51 PM

58 posts, read 38,552 times
Which part of minimum wage don't you understand? Minimum wage is for those entering the job market, like teens who are living at home and have no bills- it is a starting point in the job market. It's supposed to teach these kids how to work with others. It's supposed to teach them responsibility. Now, if you're 35 years old and you're still earning minimum wage, you're one dumb individual and you don't deserve to make anything more than that because you're simply not qualified for anything. Smh. Unbelievable that the whole "minimum wage" needs to be explained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
I do. I'm conservative but I agree with $15 minimum wage and then pegging it to inflation. People can not live on $7.25/hour...or $8.25/hour in Illinois.

Old 08-07-2020, 10:56 PM

334 posts, read 170,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
jmgg, good morning.

I have to agree with you. Everything is about the mighty dollar, and American store and restaurant owners are obviously paying "probably known undocumented peoples" less than what they would pay a citizen.

My family came here from Mexico a good 100 years ago, and times were different regarding how one could travel between the 2 countries back then. But, my family became legal citizens here and then stayed (the family is predominately in Wisconsin, and also California).

I am not sure what reason there is NOT to become a citizen...Perhaps it is the thought of feeling you're turning your back on your home country?... I have NO idea.
If the problem is feeling you’re turning your back on your home country...what do you call leaving your home country in the first place? Turn your back around and leave is a great solution if one doesn’t want to be an American yet violates our laws while others must follow immigration protocols.

Obviously one has to return to their home country on their own as our govt agencies responsible for deportations are too controversial and are barred from doing their jobs in these so called sanctuary city.

Only in the U.S. can one walk into the country illegally and remain so as an undocumented alien and then actually think the country is racist and can’t enforce its laws. You don’t even have to learn English and any expectation of doing so can be racist.

This whole illegal immigration issue is bizarre simply because there is an issue about it.

Lighthead & Kim Fixx running the show isn’t turning out well but the expectations of radical blue progressivism working in a city like Chicago we’re always below zero anyway.

The Lighthead & Fixx Show needs to be cancelled.

Last edited by Castlebar; 08-07-2020 at 11:05 PM..

Old 08-07-2020, 11:13 PM

334 posts, read 170,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigal777 View Post
With the BLM and the whole systematic racism narrative now, corporations have donated millions of dollars that probably equal to billions now- we'll see how much of those donations will be given to rebuilt and help the communities. Also, we shall see if that money will transform the residents into law abiding citizens. I seriously doubt it. If you look at any projects that were built for the poor families, you'd think they would take care of their community- instead they destroy it. I remember Cabrini Green- the windows were boarded up. Who does that? What human allows themselves to live like that? A family friend who did construction in the inner city said when he entered the apartments mice and roaches would run over his feet- it was the most disgusting thing he encountered. I said before and I will say over and over again- you cannot legislate prosperity. The more you give, the more will be demanded and there will be zero accountability. Everything that's bad will always be the fault of others, especially whites.
This whole George Floyd-BLM mess the past 2+ months is gonna be the biggest white guilt shakedown since the ‘60s.

The BLM-police Defunding crap is already a tragedy for the real black community as we’re seeing quite clearly the pat 2+ months.

Old 08-10-2020, 03:09 AM

1,067 posts, read 916,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlebar View Post
This whole George Floyd-BLM mess the past 2+ months is gonna be the biggest white guilt shakedown since the ‘60s.

The BLM-police Defunding crap is already a tragedy for the real black community as we’re seeing quite clearly the pat 2+ months.
Agreed. Lightfoot is so weak and ineffective. She spends more time shutting down the lakefront than supporting police and keeping rioters under control.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:28 AM

4,255 posts, read 5,937,571 times
I see members of the Democratic base are making their voices heard once again in Chicago.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:39 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post
I see members of the Democratic base are making their voices heard once again in Chicago.
'

One of the saddest, surrealistic, ironic thing was - in a store that was windows broken into, looted, there was a sign on the window saying "please wear your mask inside the store" with a smiley face, meanwhile the reporter was in front of it reporting on it..

ironic, smiley face sign amongst the evil destruction of it.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:59 AM

4,648 posts, read 3,254,543 times
ChicagoMeo, you are right, ma'am. That IS a very sad image.

Now I'm sad! I need a pick-me-up... This coffee is not helping.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:49 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
ChicagoMeo, you are right, ma'am. That IS a very sad image.

Now I'm sad! I need a pick-me-up... This coffee is not helping.
I know, its very sad, shocking, scary, there are a lot of people who live downtown.. its not all rich people. those people working in the high end stores (louis Vuitton, macy's, etc) they are not rich people. they are regular people who live in regular middle class neighborhoods.

One guy i feel sorry for was this one guy, i think he was an owner, he was standing outside his store, asking nicely please don't loot me (or whatever word he used).. the looters said in a calm voice "no we can't do that". The owner looked inside their car and saw the bricks about to be thrown in his store.. so he had to step aside and watch his store being destroyed.

the store owners and employees are now suffering from PSTD and they have a lot of back breaking work to clean up the mess and that glass is heavy.

Old 08-10-2020, 10:01 AM

4,648 posts, read 3,254,543 times
ChicagoMeO, something tells me those who have been looted/abused will NOT even use a diagnosis of PTSD to then hurt someone else or their property!

Yet others DO!

Time to hold people accountable for their actions! Diagnosis a moot point!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago