Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 04:19 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,647 times

Advertisements

Want to move to Chicago in a couple months. Could you please confirm that the following are open, albeit with restrictions:

-Places of worship
-Restaurants for indoor dining
-Gyms
-Movie theaters

And what about on site work, have offices been allowed to reopen? I can't wait to sit in a cubicle again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 05:43 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Want to move to Chicago in a couple months. Could you please confirm that the following are open, albeit with restrictions:

-Places of worship
-Restaurants for indoor dining
-Gyms
-Movie theaters

And what about on site work, have offices been allowed to reopen? I can't wait to sit in a cubicle again.
Everything is allowed to be open, generally, with limited capacity. That is not to say that every establishment that is allowed to be open is, or is allowing people to dine in. That's more of a case-by-case thing. I know some that are either staying closed or takeout/delivery only until the staff can be vaccinated, which is hopefully sooner than later.

What is open, it's best to set a reservation just so they can manage flow. Unlike some markets, people have not been cramming into public places in my observation the way I see in Texas, Florida et. Al and people seem to be taking virus management measures seriously here, at least in comparison to the country at large. It's why I'm glad to have rode this thing out in Chicago.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:22 AM

1,067 posts, read 916,407 times
Chicago sucks right now. I'd rather be in a state with no restrictions. But in a few months it should be better only because the warm weather will be back and outdoor dining will return.

"City officials announced Tuesday that, effective immediately, restaurants, bars and events can offer indoor service at 40% capacity or to a maximum of 50 people, whichever is lower. Prior to Tuesday, indoor dining was limited to the lesser of 35% capacity or 50 people per room or floor. While capacity expands, other regulations still remain place, city officials said. Those include:

Food must be available at all times in order to offer indoor service. This means that bars, taverns or breweries without a food license can reopen indoors as long as they partner with a food establishment so that food is available to patrons at all times (e.g., making menus available and allowing delivery, allowing patrons to order from third-party delivery services).
Maximum of six patrons at indoor or outdoor tables
Patrons can sit at bars, with six feet of social distancing between parties
Face coverings must be worn at all times, except when patrons are seated and actively eating or drinking
Patrons must be seated whenever they are eating or drinking
Tables must be six feet apart
Establishments must close for on-site service at 12:00am
The sale of alcohol must end at 11:00pm, including alcohol sold for on-site consumption, delivery or carry out"

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...trics/2439234/

Old 02-18-2021, 06:27 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,520,072 times
https://www.choosechicago.com/plan-your-trip/covid-19/

Old 02-18-2021, 06:58 AM

4,641 posts, read 3,254,543 times
Sooooooo, anyone ever hear of THAI LOTUS BODYWORK????

I keep seeing it mentioned in different threads by "different" people.

Old 02-18-2021, 07:26 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,520,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Sooooooo, anyone ever hear of THAI LOTUS BODYWORK????

I keep seeing it mentioned in different threads by "different" people.
Spam!

Old 02-18-2021, 07:30 AM

BOBNCHI, you mean:

Dam!

I was so ready for a massage!

They even crept on my Trick-or-Treat thread, did you see that????

Old 02-18-2021, 08:28 AM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,647 times
Thanks for the answers guys. I might just have to try that Thai massage place

What about offices ? Have employers asked their employees to stay home for now or are most people back at their desks ?

Old 02-18-2021, 08:33 AM

Sorel36, good luck with the move. And with your Thai massage.

Personally, I go to this place inside the Lincolnwood Mall just to the north of the city, when I come down to visit,

Old 02-18-2021, 09:37 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Everything keeps changing every week or two.. At this time, Feb 18, 40% of customer capacity is able to be allowed into restaurants, but it might go up to 50% next week or two. right now, one mask is necessary, but pretty soon, they will declare us to need 5 masks at a time. lol. everything keeps changing.. if people get sicker, etc, then they will retract that 40% and go back to everyone needs to wear a mummy suit just to walk out your door.

just come to chicago for other reasons, dont depend on the ever changing dynamics of politicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: