Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2021, 06:18 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,639,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Agree. I love Chicago, and when I moved here 10 years ago I thought this would be my new home forever. I grew up visiting Chicago in the summers during the 90s as a kid/teen and when I had the opportunity to move here, it was a dream come true.

But the way the city has become in the last year (that video being the perfect example), and the way the mayor/AG have been soft on crime, allowing these scenes to be commonplace, has finally pushed me to looking at relocating.

I never thought I'd want to leave, but I am finally starting to look elsewhere. Cities like Boston, you can still get a nice urban experience without the Chiraq crime and warzone. Cities like San Diego, Raleigh-Durham, etc. don't have to endlessly deal with all of this. I am glad I waited and did not by a house right away so I am free to leave when the opportunity is right....
Eric Adams in New York (likely the next mayor) is the perfect example of a sensible, black Democrat who isn’t afraid of the woke mob and is looking to tackle the crime problem head-on. Chicago could really use someone like him right now.

Old 09-04-2021, 07:01 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,457,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cuccino View Post
I've lived in the ghetto and most of the thugs I've known had neglectful or abusive parents. They weren't sheltered by any means. Maybe there are some street hoodlums who were overindulged, I just don't remember meeting one.
I was referring to the people that ChicagoMeO described in the first part of his post. Most of the people who were throwing bottles of pee at officers and spitting at them last summer were white college educated kids. The behavior in the ghetto is a whole different thing, and something which so called liberals are doing nothing to help.

Old 09-05-2021, 09:24 AM

Problem in a nutshell...

Prosecutors rejected felony charges against one suspect who was in custody Friday, saying the evidence against him had significant weaknesses, sources said. For one thing, a key witness — a relative of the girls who police believe had been involved in a dispute with at least one suspect — was not cooperating with authorities, according the sources.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...fve-story.html

Snitches get stitches is the creedo in the 'hood, even when a 7 year old family member gets shot and killed. Yet another reason for white college kids angry enough to throw bottles of **** at police officers to move into these neighborhoods and help out.

Old 09-05-2021, 10:59 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,579,336 times
Well, the city just shut down Snickers. Easier than dealing with the menacing and violent hoodrats at the nearby 7/11s.

Old 09-05-2021, 11:47 AM

249 posts, read 182,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
I was referring to the people that ChicagoMeO described in the first part of his post. Most of the people who were throwing bottles of pee at officers and spitting at them last summer were white college educated kids. The behavior in the ghetto is a whole different thing, and something which so called liberals are doing nothing to help.
Change has to come from within the community. Outsiders can offer support but ultimately its up to the people in that community and their leaders to bring any significant changes. US intervention in the Middle East and Asia is a prime example of this.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cuccino View Post
Change has to come from within the community. Outsiders can offer support but ultimately its up to the people in that community and their leaders to bring any significant changes. US intervention in the Middle East and Asia is a prime example of this.
But yet those with the courage of their convictions still enlisted and tried. They didn't just throw frozen water bottles at the people who were actually serving in those countries and demand that change just happen.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:09 PM

305 posts, read 212,993 times
I live in an especially leftwing area of the city. On one small residential block this evening, I saw a "Destroy White Supremacy" sticker and about 3 BLM decals in windows. You see varieties of these sentiments everywhere.

Of course, policing brutality of the protestable kind for leftists is only white on black, and that is so obviously a rarity to anyone with two eyes; and the sloganeering about "white supremacy" is simply a strategy to mobilize those in the antiwhite narrative, like the Nikole Hannah Jones and AOC's.

Yet in all my time in this city, which is home to routine sociopathic murder that now frequently takes place in very public places, I've never seen a white social justice advocate put up a sign that says "Stop Killing Each Other," or something of that nature. Now, you might see them attack guns because in their eyes it's the guns that ultimately commit daily atrocities, not the loser psychopaths who wield them.

Old 09-06-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boddicker View Post
I live in an especially leftwing area of the city. On one small residential block this evening, I saw a "Destroy White Supremacy" sticker and about 3 BLM decals in windows. You see varieties of these sentiments everywhere.

Of course, policing brutality of the protestable kind for leftists is only white on black, and that is so obviously a rarity to anyone with two eyes; and the sloganeering about "white supremacy" is simply a strategy to mobilize those in the antiwhite narrative, like the Nikole Hannah Jones and AOC's.

Yet in all my time in this city, which is home to routine sociopathic murder that now frequently takes place in very public places, I've never seen a white social justice advocate put up a sign that says "Stop Killing Each Other," or something of that nature. Now, you might see them attack guns because in their eyes it's the guns that ultimately commit daily atrocities, not the loser psychopaths who wield them.
The other day, I saw a "Black Lives Matter" sign in Riverside. I mean, that town is 1.3% black! These kind of folks are oblivious as to how ridiculous that looks. If those lives truly mattered to them, they would pick up and move to nearby Austin and help reinvest in that community - businesses, property, and schools. But it's safer to virtue signal and blame abstract (and highly questionable) ideas for the problems I suppose.

Old 09-06-2021, 08:03 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,547,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
The other day, I saw a "Black Lives Matter" sign in Riverside. I mean, that town is 1.3% black! These kind of folks are oblivious as to how ridiculous that looks. If those lives truly mattered to them, they would pick up and move to nearby Austin and help reinvest in that community - businesses, property, and schools. But it's safer to virtue signal and blame abstract (and highly questionable) ideas for the problems I suppose.
Black Lives Matter signs are a lot more common in upscale predominantly white areas than those that are more black and working class. It is one of the most cliche virtue signaling things you can do at this point. I know more than a few black families living in Evanston and only their white neighbors have the signs.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:37 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,579,336 times
Limousine liberals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago