Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Chicago sports team/s?
Cubs 21 33.33%
Bears 35 55.56%
Sox 34 53.97%
Bulls 33 52.38%
Hawks 22 34.92%
Fire 8 12.70%
other 3 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 10:09 PM

318 posts, read 467,560 times

Advertisements

How are the Sox leading the Cubs in this poll?

Dont the Cubs have most of the city by the balls even if its N vs S?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 10:42 PM

241 posts, read 465,605 times
I'm a die hard NY sports fan (Yankees/Jets/Knicks), but have a ton of respect for Chicago sports fans, and hope they won't all hate me for being a NY sports fan when I move there

Being in South Florida for almost my whole life makes me appreciate a REAL sports city. Florida on the whole is just awful and embarrassing as far as sports fans go.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:42 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,609,630 times
Bears, Sox, Bulls.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:21 PM

318 posts, read 467,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr82692 View Post
I'm a die hard NY sports fan (Yankees/Jets/Knicks), but have a ton of respect for Chicago sports fans, and hope they won't all hate me for being a NY sports fan when I move there

Being in South Florida for almost my whole life makes me appreciate a REAL sports city. Florida on the whole is just awful and embarrassing as far as sports fans go.

Im just a diehard Ranger fan, but come from a family of Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers, who will also be making the move.

I think Chicago is more of a sports town than NY. Same for Boston and Philly. Very much respect it.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:39 PM

2,756 posts, read 4,412,906 times
Chicago Hustle

and the Bulls

Old 10-09-2012, 05:55 PM

410 posts, read 491,822 times
I root for all teams. Just win, baby!

Old 10-09-2012, 09:38 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,198,592 times
Bulls
Cubs

Old 10-09-2012, 10:21 PM

308 posts, read 757,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaiter View Post
Disagree 100%. The Cubs run the best beer garden on the north side - and THAT is what keeps the dumbasses coming. The Sox marketing team does much more for their organization and they have since the beginning of the 1900's. The Sox have to find unique ways to get them in because unlike the Cubs, the stadium is not surrounded by miles of social/nightlife/shopping/restaurants - no their stadium is surrounded by miles of parking lots. There s nowhere to go after a Sox game, you go for the baseball.
I'm not going to completely disagree but to blanket all Cubs fans as just going to Wrigley Field because it is a beer garden as well as using such language to describe fans that do attend games is playing on stereotypes. Are there a good amount of people that go to Wrigley Field for those reasons? Absolutely. And a pretty good amount of White Sox fans I have seen at games who go to get wasted tailgating. I was at a White Sox game about a month and a half ago and my girlfriend had some tickets for a pre-game food and drink in the bullpen bar area. While I'm not a White Sox fan by any means, I love baseball so when the game started I watched. The 8 frat boy fans (who according to stereotypes of frat boys would be White Sox fans) were playing beer pong for about the first hour of the game).

I go to Wrigley Field because I love the Cubs. I go to Wrigley Field because it reminds me of the times I would go as a kid with my grandmother and ride the bus down Addison. I go to get a hot dog and a scorecard. I go because when the Cubs are winning again, I will know that I was there the whole time.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:08 AM

2,474 posts, read 4,165,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UICJohn View Post
I'm not going to completely disagree but to blanket all Cubs fans as just going to Wrigley Field because it is a beer garden as well as using such language to describe fans that do attend games is playing on stereotypes. Are there a good amount of people that go to Wrigley Field for those reasons? Absolutely. And a pretty good amount of White Sox fans I have seen at games who go to get wasted tailgating. I was at a White Sox game about a month and a half ago and my girlfriend had some tickets for a pre-game food and drink in the bullpen bar area. While I'm not a White Sox fan by any means, I love baseball so when the game started I watched. The 8 frat boy fans (who according to stereotypes of frat boys would be White Sox fans) were playing beer pong for about the first hour of the game).

I go to Wrigley Field because I love the Cubs. I go to Wrigley Field because it reminds me of the times I would go as a kid with my grandmother and ride the bus down Addison. I go to get a hot dog and a scorecard. I go because when the Cubs are winning again, I will know that I was there the whole time.
Yea, you're right, apologies to any Cub fans I might have insulted.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:06 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,263,285 times
Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs, Sox.
Do not go to games anymore, too expensive.
The only team I will watch when they are mediocre are the Bears because it's only 16 games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago