Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 07:23 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveLoganSquare View Post
Who told you humboldt and Mcclean is dangerous? I imagine it is bad being within 500 feet of a 50-70 cruiser police station. That's where all the tough guys hang out.<<Sarcasm>>
[mod cut] I lived at McLean and Humboldt for two years. I am still in the area often and have always known cops (and still do) in 14. Go back to Nebraska.

Go hang out around Armitage,North, and Humboldt the week of the Puerto Rican Day Parade. I bet you will crap your pants.

Last edited by aragx6; 01-22-2009 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enator View Post
I read this earlier, might have taken it too literally...
I am not saying it is a complete hell hole (although as recently as 7-8 years ago it was and even 3-4 years ago it was still VERY scary) , but there are many questionable types that live just south and west of there still. They will be the ones that more than likely will commit the home invasions,auto thefts,assaults,and worse.

Just understand that Armitage and Humboldt is still very much in transition and is not anywhere close to being completely gentrified. If you can live with that (probably for 10-15 years) and the fact that the areas directly south and west of you are pretty scary still-go for it. I am just trying to give you a honest picture of the area, not some delusional "everything is peaches and cream over there" speil that some others on here give every time Logan Square or Palmer Square are brought up.

Armitage is the border between Palmer Square and Humboldt Park in case you did not know.

Last edited by Avengerfire; 01-21-2009 at 08:28 PM..

Old 01-21-2009, 08:33 PM

Here is thread that already focused on this subject:

//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...-thoughts.html

I wish I would have remembered it earlier...

Old 01-22-2009, 12:49 AM

161 posts, read 411,788 times
Default Don't get all sour

to avenger in response

[mod cut - references deleted portion of another post]

"I lived at McLean and Humboldt for two years. I am still in the area often and have always known cops (and still do) in 14. Go back to Nebraska."
B) Key word: "Lived" Get with the times grey beard.

Go hang out around Armitage,North, and Humboldt the week of the Puerto Rican Day Parade. I bet you will crap your pants.[/quote]
C) More likely to have a Baccardi light and merengue with some hot chicks to Ricki Martin until I have to purge.

Last edited by aragx6; 01-22-2009 at 09:48 AM..

Old 01-22-2009, 09:43 AM

33 posts, read 130,715 times
What about the area north of fullerton between kedzie and pulaski? Good? Bad? It's further north, but it's also further west.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:14 PM

I know what some will say. I think it is good. I know some people that bought out there in the past year. They have a good view of the city from their balcony, and they really like it. Mamma's Pizza is right around there and Mamma is delicious. Don't go too far west of Central Park North of Fullerton.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:36 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,872,703 times
Default west of kedzie

West of kedzie north of fullerton is not all that great. Your friends bought a condo there ILLS? Must have been pretty cheap. I can buy brick 2-3 flats in that area for 275M now.

Western Logan Square is not all that different than northern parts of humboldt park east of pulaski. Just ask the mother of the 14 year old who was shot to death at the corner of pulaski and fullerton while waiting on a bus for school 2 years ago.

Definitely stay east of kimball if you are a yuppie. I have been in Humboldt Park near pulaski and north for 3 years and it is definitely not a place to raise a family or have a wife.

I would definitely not live in western logan square if I were a young single woman.

It will be interesting to see if Shoemaker lofts can make it at belmont and pulaski (avondale technically, not logan square). Only cardinal fitness is staying in the retail space they just built next door.

ILLS,

I still think Sept 09 is way too soon for bottom price-wise in Chicago, particularly Logan Square area.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:03 PM

Default All about the SQFT

Agreed. I recognize the differences in safety. I am not an idiot. I am just saying I personally don't feel threatened especially as I get closer to Milwuakee.

My friend did get a disgusting deal on a big old place with castle walls multi unit, alarm system to gape over, and a big old dog. I am not sure if he has a shotgun around, but I imagine he does. His place would go for 800k+ in LP. He drives to work from his attached garage.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enator View Post
What about the area north of fullerton between kedzie and pulaski? Good? Bad? It's further north, but it's also further west.
No way. That area is far worse than Palmer Square.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
...Go hang out around Armitage,North, and Humboldt the week of the Puerto Rican Day Parade. I bet you will crap your pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveLoganSquare View Post
C) More likely to have a Baccardi light and merengue with some hot chicks to Ricki Martin until I have to purge.
Most "real" chicks do not listen to Ricky Martin. For the most part only the kind that hang out at Roscoe and Halsted do. Haha. Man you are so naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago