Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2009, 08:14 PM

399 posts, read 1,550,082 times

Advertisements

I'm originally from Fort Wayne, IN. Right now, I live in Denver, Co...been trying to find my place after getting out the military..ya know? But now my buddy who I've been friends with is trying to get me to move to Chicago...closer to Fort Wayne than Denver...but no foothills. Not so much into skiing as I am into hiking!

Guess what I am looking for is a similar perspective. Please don't rip me to shreds about how Chicago is SO MUCH more a major city...I already know this, and appreciate it. I am a runner, is it as health conscious as Denver? I'm just saying, In Indiana, well people tend to be not as much health conscious.

Is there hiking and hills up in Michigan, any mountains close to Chicago (close I mean about 4-5 hours away tops) I really don't know! The last time I was in Chicago was in the "Great Mistakes" bus.

I'm here to hear your points of view. I'm finding the Denver community to be very outdoorsy, but also very standoffish (Hopefully not a bushism) They are all about appreciating the outdoors, but in their little clicks. It's harder to meet people here and make friends than any other place I've lived! How is Chicago on that regard.

I have a lifted truck, is that going to be a pain in the ass in Chicago? Should I dump it an invest in a lil city car? Or sell it altogether? My friend wants me to attend UC...I'm thinking it's a little pricey for just the GI Bill...I'm not rich, just ambitious, and told I'm smart. I'm kind of a free spirit...When I say this don't get mad...Is it really like you're going to get mugged out there? I mean, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, I've been around, been in LA, Miami...I mean, I know people blow things out of proportion...just looking for your perspective.

Are people friendly at all? I say this because Denver just isn't generally a friendly place by any means...Are people more like NYC or another large city, or do they tend to reflect that "Midwest Charm" that is known throughout the country. In general, I know there are *******s everywhere...

Thanks for reading my book!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 08:20 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,430,439 times
Well people are very nice in these forums so that should tell you something

But ill be in Chicago soon and I am nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: