Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 12:04 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,429,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
This is the dumbest crap I've ever heard in my life. Ever.

Furthermore, I'm FROM a smallish town down South and no one has EVER asked me anything so stupid in my life.

Ever.
Well than you've clearly never been to Sh*tport Louisiana before!
Consider yourself lucky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 12:21 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,170,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corner_pak View Post
im asian.im moving to chicago and i m planning to study in lincoln park high school?any suggestion where is safe to live and affordable
is asian being bully there common ?
thanks
I have at least two asian friends from Houston who like it here just fine. They're both male, so they've managed to avoid the womb-slicing, baby-stealing just by that virtue (if you can call it a virtue), but seriously, crime in most parts of Chicago is fairly normal - certainly nothing out for the ordinary for American cities, and safer than Houston in most cases.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:31 PM

146 posts, read 468,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyssaTx View Post
I don't know so far every time Ive told someone we are moving to Chicago someome has replied by telling me that in Chicago they kill women to steal babies from thier wombs, crackheads poke you with needles, everyone has aids, morally bankrupt city, no one cares about anyone......

Quite a forward thinking group of people you rely on for input. Maybe these individuals tell you these wackjob theories because no one wants you to move to Chicago. Just a theory.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg453 View Post
Quite a forward thinking group of people you rely on for input. Maybe these individuals tell you these wackjob theories because no one wants you to move to Chicago. Just a theory.
I dont remember mentioning anything about relying on their input but yeah thats probably true. So far everyone has told us to stay.

Last edited by Gelasia; 05-11-2009 at 01:13 PM..

Old 05-11-2009, 12:48 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,744,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corner_pak View Post
im asian.im moving to chicago and i m planning to study in lincoln park high school?any suggestion where is safe to live and affordable
is asian being bully there common ?
thanks
I'm asian... I beat up the 7th grade king bully of the school and grabbed the title,... but I didn't become a bully.

Don't be a wus about bullys... beat them up too! Or you can wear skirt suits like I now do!

Old 05-11-2009, 12:49 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Consider yourself lucky
The town I'm from is less than a quarter the size of Shreveport (which has a population of 200,000 people). I'm SURE there are smart people in Shreveport. You just seem to not be talking to them.

It's not where you are, it's who you're with. Stop seeking out morons.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:50 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
I thought that womb-slicing baby stealing thing happened at a rural Wal-Mart... Am I right? I've only ever heard of that one incident, and it was a small town somewhere. I wanna say Missouri, but I can't remember.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
The town I'm from is less than a quarter the size of Shreveport (which has a population of 200,000 people). I'm SURE there are smart people in Shreveport. You just seem to not be talking to them.

It's not where you are, it's who you're with. Stop seeking out morons.
oh ok let me just quit my job!

There is a reason Louisiana is the poorest and least educated state.

Last edited by Gelasia; 05-11-2009 at 01:20 PM..

Old 05-11-2009, 01:09 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
Default There have been several of these incidents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
I thought that womb-slicing baby stealing thing happened at a rural Wal-Mart... Am I right? I've only ever heard of that one incident, and it was a small town somewhere. I wanna say Missouri, but I can't remember.
One of the first was involved a woman in Addison. I believe the crime itself was in Villa Park: Williams cuts baby from womb, gets death penalty for kidnap, murder

Other states too:
Woman 'murdered mother-to-be and cut her full-term baby alive from her womb'| News | This is London

'Serial womb raider' accused of cutting baby from mother's womb 'had baby snatch history' | Mail Online

Cut from the Womb: Family of Defendant in Gruesome Slaying Speaks Out - ABC News

Baby theft suspect in 'cut from womb' case charged with murder - Arizona Sports Fans Network

FOXNews.com - Woman Guilty of Killing Pregnant Mom, Stealing Baby From Womb - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Pregnant Teen's Murder Shocks Peru(murdered then baby stolen from her womb)

Makes you want to kevlar undies....

Old 05-11-2009, 01:12 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times
Quote:
Consider yourself lucky

I had a good friend who moved from Chicago to Mountain Home, Arkansas for 9 months. None of the 15 people or so in the office where she worked (the upstairs office for a factory) had ever been to Chicago or "yankee cities".

There was some large program at work where they were flying my friend and 6 other people to Chicago for a seminar (Chicago is the headquarters). My friend was really excited to show them around Chicago and have them see where she's from, get their reactions.

They ended up cancelling the event at the last moment, and my friend was shocked that all 6 of the people admitted to her that they'd been TERRIFIED about going to Chicago. She showed them pictures of downtown and her area on the north side, but they still couldn't shake the idea that women were being raped 24 hours a day on all downtown streets. It was very strange.

It was a very ignorant office though. One woman once told her in front of everyone to avoid the Memphis airport at all costs, because it's owned and run by the blacks. She looked around and everyone was casually nodding in agreement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago