Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 07:40 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,579,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
oh geez...
WOOPS! you must know Miss America or you are one ?. SORRY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 07:50 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,927,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
WOOPS! you must know Miss America or you are one ?. SORRY.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:50 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Seriously, do the world a favor and just shut up already. You don't know 10% as much as you think you do about civil procedure, liability or standard of evidence. Demanding a verified complaint is not going to get you out of a ticket; in the best-case scenario it will win you a postponement of trial. In fact there is no portion of the Illinois Code of Civil Procedure that requires a verified complaint for a civil infraction against the vehicle code. Running a red light is a strict liability offense that does not require an "injured" party in the narrow sense that you use the word. The admissibility of video evidence is well established. Your legal theories are not only not going to get you far, but they're probably going to raise the ire of the court. Now shut up go away.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Seriously, do the world a favor and just shut up already. You don't know 10% as much as you think you do about civil procedure, liability or standard of evidence. Demanding a verified complaint is not going to get you out of a ticket; in the best-case scenario it will win you a postponement of trial. In fact there is no portion of the Illinois Code of Civil Procedure that requires a verified complaint for a civil infraction against the vehicle code. Running a red light is a strict liability offense that does not require an "injured" party in the narrow sense that you use the word. The admissibility of video evidence is well established. Your legal theories are not only not going to get you far, but they're probably going to raise the ire of the court. Now shut up go away.
Now let me see ,(1) your an Attorney?, (2) no you are a bad driver and have a lot of experance in court ? or (3) you don't know what your rights are or how to defend your self in court so you get Sc****wed every time you have to go to court . ( I think you get window # 3. Well when you get the chance to defend yourself pro-per ( you do know what that is )in a Constitutional rights violation against a city and Win ! Then and only then do you get the right and the respect to tell some one to shut up and go away.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:48 PM

I'm none of the above, though I have 100 credit-hours toward two law degrees. Unless something alters my schedule, I will be a practicing attorney by next April. What are your credentials?

Do you have a specific refutation to any of the points I brought up? No? Then shut up and go away.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:
I'm none of the above, though I have 100 credit-hours toward two law degrees. Unless something alters my schedule, I will be a practicing attorney by next April. What are your credentials?

Do you have a specific refutation to any of the points I brought up? No? Then shut up and go away.
3 1/2 years defending my self in an action againt the city here in California pro-per as I stated . ( And i didn't need a bar license to do it. ) Not a member of the Country Club.

Just as I thought an "Attorney " One that practices law all their life and rarely get it right . Hopefully some day you will learn what you rights are . Remember when you do get your bar card you will have to swear an oath to uphold the constitution of the US and what ever State you live in . Be sure to learn what you rights are even when those rights apply to a simple traffic ticket. Sounds like they are teaching you good , good luck! and "GOD" help your clients.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Never said it did but when you challange it on your Constitutional rights thats a whole differant story . Try it you'll will like it.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Just as I thought an "Attorney " One that practices law all their life and rarely get it right . Hopefully some day you will learn what you rights are . Remember when you do get your bar card you will have to swear an oath to uphold the constitution of the US and what ever State you live in . Be sure to learn what you rights are even when those rights apply to a simple traffic ticket. Sounds like they are teaching you good , good luck! and "GOD" help your clients.
So, do you have any specific refutations to what I said above or are you going to continue attacking my character? Because if it's the latter, just shut up and go away.

Quote:
Never said it did but when you challange it on your Constitutional rights thats a whole differant story . Try it you'll will like it.
No, it's not a whole "differant" story when you "challange" it on your Constitutional rights. What is the legal theory behind your "Constitutional rights" claim?

Old 06-23-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
So, do you have any specific refutations to what I said above or are you going to continue attacking my character? Because if it's the latter, just shut up and go away.

No, it's not a whole "differant" story when you "challange" it on your Constitutional rights. What is the legal theory behind your "Constitutional rights" claim?
Well if they haven't taught it to you in school yet my tring to explain it to you now would be fruitless waste of time . I stand on my statements . You stand on your's Additionally your repeated comments "just shut up and go away " as a future Attorney in very unprofessional by all standards.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:16 AM

First of all, this isn't a professional setting so my professionalism or lack thereof is immaterial.

Second, while you stand by your statements, you provide no supporting precedence for them. Believe me, I'm completely receptive to whatever novel legal theory you've developed that apparently no law school or practicing attorney is aware of and that no previous legal scholar has thought of. I've sat through countless hours of lectures on law and I've read through thousands of pages of case law, statutes, procedures, regulations, and law summaries. Trust me, I can handle a few minutes of your glorious legal enlightenment. I don't have to hear it from a law professor to believe it. I'll gladly look into any plausible legal angle you have. So please, share with me and every other attorney and/or law school student what we've been missing lo these centuries of developing statutory and common law.

Unless, of course, you can't. In which case you'd do well to just shut up and go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago