Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 04:09 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinc View Post
its 40 minutes away i shouldnt be different than everyone else
so what's more inconvenient, driving 40 minutes to pick up your package at a secure location like the UPS store, or dealing w/ the mess when it gets stolen.

complain if you want, but it would be a hell of a lot easier to just pick it up. or have a neighbor sign for it. or pay the extra cash and have the package sent via certified mail (pretty sure it's certified that you must sign before receiving a package)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 04:11 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
okay, I'm curious, where are you buying from? or maybe I should ask WHAT your buying that can't be sent via USPS (hmm, inquiring minds, well, at least MINE, wants to know ). AFAIK, most major 'net retailers will ship stuff via USPS

Old 08-14-2009, 07:29 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,445,564 times
^^That's not true. They ship best way, ie cheapest way, and UPS/FedEx offer better corporate and bulk shipping discounts than USPS does for the most part. I get about 5 shipments a month from Amazon and 9 out of 10 times my stuff arrives via UPS.

I think Zappos/Shoes.com use FedEx primarily.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:06 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,395,465 times
Quote:
any advice ups always requires signature since a year ago they left a package at my doorstep at 930 pm and it got stolen
Well as a Fedex employee I know that if there was a direct signature required and the courier left the package w/o sig then the courier was at fault, however if safety is an issue then that's up to the courier's discretion to decide what's safe or not(where do you live??). Most of the time you could give companies special instructions on how you want your package delivered and sometimes you can pick the shipper. Most people don't ask for direct signature because it cost more money, but it kind of insures your package willl be delivered to you.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:24 AM

147 posts, read 395,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
so what's more inconvenient, driving 40 minutes to pick up your package at a secure location like the UPS store, or dealing w/ the mess when it gets stolen.

complain if you want, but it would be a hell of a lot easier to just pick it up. or have a neighbor sign for it. or pay the extra cash and have the package sent via certified mail (pretty sure it's certified that you must sign before receiving a package)
my area is safe they left package at 930 at night it got stolen so they will never leave a package again

Old 08-16-2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
okay, I'm curious, where are you buying from? or maybe I should ask WHAT your buying that can't be sent via USPS (hmm, inquiring minds, well, at least MINE, wants to know ). AFAIK, most major 'net retailers will ship stuff via USPS
random places i cant control how they ship

Old 08-16-2009, 02:56 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
The UPS Store: The UPS Store: Packaging, shipping, document services, mailbox services and more

"Here's what else you get:

* A real street address, not a P.O. Box
A street address can provide a professional image for your business.
* Secure mail with 24-hour access*
Pick up your mail when it’s convenient for you. Your mail and packages stay-safe and confidential.
* Package notification
We’ll let you know when your packages arrive.
* Full-service mail and package receiving
We accept packages from all carriers, so you’ll never miss a delivery.
* Mail holding and forwarding**
We’ll hold your packages in a secure location for pick-up at your convenience or forward them to you, wherever you are.
* Call-in MailCheck®
Save time. Save a trip. Call us to find out if you have mail."

Old 08-16-2009, 02:58 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:
my area is safe they left package at 930 at night it got stolen so they will never leave a package again
Well obviously it must not be that safe at least for leaving packages on your doorstep if someone stole the package. Either that or someone knows what kind of things you are ordering and decided to help themselves.

I have never heard of UPS leaving a package at 9:30 in the evening.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:02 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,395,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Well obviously it must not be that safe at least for leaving packages on your doorstep if someone stole the package. Either that or someone knows what kind of things you are ordering and decided to help themselves.

I have never heard of UPS leaving a package at 9:30 in the evening.
Exactly- that's a new low even for UPS

Old 08-19-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Exactly- that's a new low even for UPS
and now it my problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago