Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 11:36 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,039,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
Maybe I am just interested in good discussion, learning more and having my ideas challenged?
That would be an illogical and irrational choice in light of embracing the fact that you have but only this life. Hence the logical conclusion is that you are not sold on that belief.

Quote:
I am not saying that this world is all there is. I am just saying that this is possibility. One of many. I am not exactly Atheist, either.
Then the logical and rational conclusion is that your an Agnostic. Which is quite fine.

I'm a universalist which is a very rational and logical thought out belief system. As a Universalist I believe that God can only save everyone. Any other conclusion is to deny the God given logic and reason we are given in the course of thorough analysis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 02:11 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,693,363 times
Jesus told only ONE of the two thieves on the crosses that day that he would be in paradise with Him.ONLY ONE....the one who accepted Him!
Does that mean the other guy didn't make it? You bet it did!
Jesus descended into hell for a reason,because it is REAL,and to keep those who accept Him out of it!

Old 06-14-2010, 02:17 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,027,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
Jesus told only ONE of the two thieves on the crosses that day that he would be in paradise with Him.ONLY ONE....the one who accepted Him!
Does that mean the other guy didn't make it? You bet it did!
Jesus descended into hell for a reason,because it is REAL,and to keep those who accept Him out of it!
I believe those two on the cross next to Jesus are symbolic of the two sons bound up in us - one a prodigal son of God, the other a son of perdition. God must separate those two. One is going to perish, the other will dwell with God. The scripture says that we are BY NATURE - the children of wrath. The cross is for everyone - it is the only way. If you never have been shown the son of perdition that is within you - you're in for an uncomfortable revelation.

Heartsong

Old 06-14-2010, 02:22 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,693,363 times
I don't think so...I think the 2 thieves were literally 2 thieves.As most victims of the cross(unlike Jesus,whom had already given up His spirit),they had to have their legs broken to hasten their death.That's pretty literal.(I don't care to debate thanks,but I do appreciate your viewpoint).

Old 06-14-2010, 04:37 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,027,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
I don't think so...I think the 2 thieves were literally 2 thieves.As most victims of the cross(unlike Jesus,whom had already given up His spirit),they had to have their legs broken to hasten their death.That's pretty literal.(I don't care to debate thanks,but I do appreciate your viewpoint).
They certainly may have been literally two thieves. But the things recorded in the scriptures are always there with layers of meaning. One thief represented one who is humble before God. The other thief represents the sin nature. The seed of Christ has been planted by God in every man. If everyone "accepted/received" Christ at the same time, how could God form character and virtue in any of us? If everyone were already in perfect harmony, how could we LEARN to have MERCY, HOPE, etc.??? That is why not all are saved in this lifetime.

Heartsong

Old 06-14-2010, 06:27 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,338,272 times
Quote:
I can people people thinking that "good people" should get to go to heaven but do UR belivers think we will be up there with Hitler, serial killers and child kilers? That is the part I don't get.
the matter that murderers will be in heaven is not unique to universalism, did not missionaries evangelize former cannibals? - so there will be former cannibals in heaven, do people not evangelize in prisons? - so there will be former murderers and rapists in heaven wether universalism is true or not; as forgiveness is a cornerstone of Christian doctrine, how can this be used as an argument against universalism?

Old 06-14-2010, 06:58 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,992,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I can people people thinking that "good people" should get to go to heaven but do UR belivers think we will be up there with Hitler, serial killers and child kilers? That is the part I don't get.
Do you think we will be up in heaven with the likes of the apostle Paul who was a murderer of Christians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity