Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2013, 02:47 PM

73 posts, read 109,141 times

Advertisements

Tell me forum......did you know that Jesus Himself tell's us just how He, the Father and the Holy Spirit are all one?

And did you know that not only does He explain how they are all one but also how "we", the saints of God are also all one with them?

Well....it's right there in your bible's but most pastor's have either over looked it, had no knowledge of it, or known of it but didn't teach it.

Again...let's not forget where ALL of our doctrine is to come from;

2 Tim.3
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

So....do you continue to go with man's doctrine of a "Trinity" that makes no sense....or do you search God's word for the truth?

Let's go with the word of God. Let's read something I bet your pastor's never read or explained to you!)

Let's read John 17 to try to find answers as to how the Father is 'one' with the Son!

John.17
[1] These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
[5] And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
[11] And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

So the Son is ONE with the Father AND all those that the Father has given the Son are ALSO ONE! So we too are ONE with God! But how?

Let's go back to John 17 for the answer......

Jesus already told us that not only is He and the Father one, but also those that the Father gave to Jesus are one in the same way that they are one. So already we know there's more that just The Father, Son and Holy Spirit that are one. Let's read it again;

John 17
[11] And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Now we just have to find out HOW They AND those that were given to Jesus are all 'ONE'. Let's read.....

John 17
[17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
[18] As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
[19] And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

So the ones that God sent to Jesus are separated, or sanctified, by His word, the Holy scriptures. Let's read who else is sanctified by the word's of God and made ONE with God;

John 17
[20] Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
[21] That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

So now we read that EVERYONE that believes in the word/scriptures and brings the SAME message are ONE, just as the Father and the Son are ONE!

And how are They one? Because The Son only brings what The Father gives to Him. Now let's read who brings the message of God;

John.14
[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
[26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John.15
[26] But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John.16
[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

So the Comforter, also called the Spirit of Truth and the Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit, brings ONLY what was given to him. So if the Holy Spirit/Comforter/Holy Ghost/Spirit of Truth brings the same message, he too is ONE with everyone that does the same.

Let's read an example of this from the scriptures;

Rev.1
[1] The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

So we have God the Father giving a revelation to God the Son; Jesus Christ.

This revelation was to be given to their servant; John, by an Holy angel or Spirit!. Let's continue....

So ALL of them are ONE; God the Father, God the Son, the Holy Spirit that gave the message to John AND John himself for writing down ALL that the Holy Spirit revealed to him!

And HOW are they all 'ONE'?

They are all one because they ALL bring the same message from God the Father.

Now that we know just how The Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost AND all that bring the same message are 'ONE', let's read the scriptures that 'man' has tried to turn into the doctrine of 'the trinity';

John 10
[30] I and my Father are one.

1 John 5
[7] For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

These scriptures do NOT say that all (3) form into one, or that the Father is from one dispensation and the Son and the Holy Spirit from another. Nor does it mention anything about them being of the same substance or any nonsense like that. Nor is it a "Mystery" of faith!

The scriptures simply means that EACH one of them, ALL (3) separate entities, have and bring the SAME message.

And this we know because we have just read it from the ONLY place in all of God's word that explains it; John 17.

No 'Mystery of Faith'! No doctrine of the 'trinity'!

Just Scriptures! The thing your shepheards SHOULD have been teaching you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 09:04 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,791,005 times
Jesus did not say we are one by the word but by Gods name and glory. He did say that He gave His word to those who accept it. and that He sent them into the world as He was sent. And yes those who accept His word, the truth are sanctified by it. I haven'y seen any one using His words as He used them not even you. Although I do know of someone before who got banned because of it.

(Father), I have given them the glory you gave me so that they may be one as we are one, I in them you in me that they may be brought to perfection as one.

To him who has more is given but to him who has not even what he thinks he has will be taken. Stand strong before the son of man and pray always you will not have to undergo the test.

The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.

Open up the gate to let in a nation that is righteous, one that keeps faith.

The wise will shine brightly like the firmament and those who lead the nations to righteousness like the stars forever.

Anyone who drinks the water I give him shall never become thirsty, the water I give him will be like a fountain inside him rising up to provide eternal life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity