Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 07:11 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,556,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I read the Bible without twisting it and questioning it.
Do you? Can you show then where trettep went wrong in his post? Can you describe for me the essence of the God you serve?

Your opinion is that your opinion is correct... I would expect nothing less from you or anyone...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 07:14 PM

8,002 posts, read 12,308,798 times
Greetings, everyone!

The very next rude, sarcastic, off topic OR attacking post?

The thread goes.

And we all know June's "mantra."

"June hates to close threads." --But it's up to you guys....

BE NICE!

Old 06-14-2010, 07:15 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,677,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
BUMP for VERNA PERRY. Verna, please respond to which part of that above is unscriptural and be specific.
Paul,

Any Scriture you care to quote is God's holy Word...not one word of Scripture is "unscriptural"...it's your interpretation and mis-understanding of His Word that is UNSCRIPTURAL...but I do not expect any more from you...because you are living under a cloak of dark deceit...which inhibits you from seeing the truth...as it is written.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Do you? Can you show then where trettep went wrong in his post? Can you describe for me the essence of the God you serve?

Your opinion is that your opinion is correct... I would expect nothing less from you or anyone...
I already did. It doesn't do any good.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:34 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,048,779 times
Quote:
Paul,

Any Scriture you care to quote is God's holy Word...not one word of Scripture is "unscriptural"...it's your interpretation and mis-understanding of His Word that is UNSCRIPTURAL...but I do not expect any more from you...because you are living under a cloak of dark deceit...which inhibits you from seeing the truth...as it is written.
Verna, can't we be reasonable? Answer the following with a simple Yes or No to see why it is that we are so far apart.

1.) Do you agree that the sinner is carnal and hates God?
Y or N

2.) Do you believe someone that hates God would choose God?
Y or N

3.) Do you believe God needs our permission to save us?
Y or N

Old 06-14-2010, 07:37 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,207,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi trettep,
Nice thread!
I believe it may be possible that the purification happens at the moment of death. "He that is dead is freed from sin." Death will free us from all our sin.
Israel passed through the Red Sea, but Egypt did not. I believe this has a spiritual significance for us today: the Spirit will pass through at death. The flesh with all its pride will be left behind. "There shall be two men in one bed. One man shall be taken, the other shall be left." This is not justification for homosexuality, but the division of the new man from the old man.
We all have a strange relationship with Egypt. It wants us, we want it, but we don't want it, too!
Also, God did not punish Israel for being slaves to Egypt. It was part of His plan for Israel, and a type to be shown to the world.

Just some thoughts I wanted to throw out there...!

blessings!
brian
Thank you, Brian. Nobody really understands those verses. Obviously there aren't really 2 men hanging out in bed. It means something spiritually higher, just like MANY other Biblical passages.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:42 PM

64,015 posts, read 40,319,247 times
Quote:
If you physically die before you have received Jesus as your Lord and Savior...truly born again...changed into the character of Christ...living in obedient faith...in the will of the Father...but instead, continuing to wilfully sin...you will not enter into heaven with the LORD for all eternity...Period...

...and to proclaim such a lie to innocence is something you will pay dearly for...an eternity spent separate from God...standing before Him with your hands dripping with their blood who believed your lies...God forbid anyone would believe He will allow worker's of iniquity entrance through those precious pearly gates!

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.
You consistently talk as if what you say applies to us (the UR crowd) . . . it doesn't. there are no "workers of iniquity" among us . . . no "willful sinners" . . . and certainly no "liars" harming innocents by leading them into iniquity. You also make a big mistake when you dare to speak for the Lord and proclaim "our fate, period!" Watch your own walk, Verna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
The carnality of those dark and sad beliefs being refined away from and off of a sister is where our hope lies, wouldn't you all say?
His light to come and overwhelm the darkness within a soul.
The great refining fire that He is..
How great He is.
How great is His love.
Think of how many tongues will be silenced, think of how many knees will crumble, think of how many hearts will be transformed, think of how many beliefs will shrivel up and turn to dust, under the sheer WEIGHT of His magnificent... LOVE.
How GREAT He is.
Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 06-14-2010 at 08:09 PM..

Old 06-14-2010, 08:03 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,781,149 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: Orphaned
There is no need to tell God that you are wrong about your belief in the false doctrine of Hell ... He already knows it. It is you who are deceived, not God.

Don't worry, for God will have all people to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth, including you and all others who believe in the false doctrine of Hell and ET(even Muslims who share you faith in hell and the false doctrine of ET) ... Its just a matter of time. Either in this life, or after the resurrection as the OP states ...

Resistance is futile ...

Peace ...

Old 06-14-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Verna, can't we be reasonable? Answer the following with a simple Yes or No to see why it is that we are so far apart.

1.) Do you agree that the sinner is carnal and hates God?
Y or N

A man who is not regenerated hates God.

2.) Do you believe someone that hates God would choose God?
Y or N

The godly are assured by faith of God's favour and assistance.

3.) Do you believe God needs our permission to save us?
Y or N

God Most High saves the upright in heart.
See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Verna,

Old 06-14-2010, 08:31 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,781,149 times
Quote:
See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Verna,

Jhn 15:16
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

Rom 3:10-12
As it is written:
"There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands,
no one who seeks God.
All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity