Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 08:35 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,671,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You consistently talk as if what you say applies to us (the UR crowd) . . . it doesn't. there are no "workers of iniquity" among us . . . no "willful sinners" . . . and certainly no "liars" harming innocents by leading them into iniquity. You also make a big mistake when you dare to speak for the Lord and proclaim "our fate, period!" Watch your own walk, Verna.
Moderator cut: deleted
I am the LORD's mouthpiece...I am His hands...I am His feet...I take very seriously...and I take the greatest care in making sure beyond any question...beyond any doubt, in that what I ever do say to anyone here on CD...or here in my world, that what comes from my lips are of God...and that my words are God's Words...I do not have to twist or deny or add or subtract what I know is HIS truth...it's so clear and simple and good and easy and light...His truth is such a joy to my heart...there is no shadow in turning with Thee my LORD!...I walk in the light of truth..all I know IS HIS TRUTH...and I will preach it with authority and great joy from the mountaintops!!!...assured and confident that I am walking and talking in His truth...He blesses me.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Jhn 15:16
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

Rom 3:10-12
As it is written:
"There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands,
no one who seeks God.
All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one."
Go ahead Ironmaw...see it the way you see it...I am not going to argue with you any longer. I'm done.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:51 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Go ahead Ironmaw...see it the way you see it...I am not going to argue with you any longer. I'm done.
I see it just as the scriptures above which i posted see it. We do not Choose Christ he chooses us. And none are righteous and none seek after God. As it is written ...

Old 06-14-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I see it just as the scriptures above which i posted see it. We do not Choose Christ he chooses us. And none are righteous and none seek after God. As it is written ...
I chose Him...He is my righteousness...and I seek Him every second of every day.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:58 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,042,936 times
Quote:
See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna,
Please answer again with Y or N.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I chose Him...He is my righteousness...and I seek Him every second of every day.
Then the scriptures i quoted are lies. Is that what you are saying? That Jesus and Paul are liars? Because Jesus said you did not choose him, but that he chose you and ordained you to bear the fruits of the spirit.

And Paul wrote that none are righteous and that none seek after God. Who am i to believe? You or Jesus and Paul? I will believe them over you any day ...

Old 06-14-2010, 09:30 PM

45,707 posts, read 27,325,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Verna, can't we be reasonable? Answer the following with a simple Yes or No to see why it is that we are so far apart.

1.) Do you agree that the sinner is carnal and hates God?
Y or N

2.) Do you believe someone that hates God would choose God?
Y or N

3.) Do you believe God needs our permission to save us?
Y or N
1. Y
2. Y - after God has revealed Himself - see Paul Acts 9
3. N - He chooses to whom He will reveal Himself.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
1. Y
So if God will have all people to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth, then why do you believe that God doesn't choose to reveal himself to all people so that they will love him?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:42 PM

45,707 posts, read 27,325,537 times
Quote:
So if God will have all people to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth, then why do you believe that God doesn't choose to reveal himself to all people so that they will love him?
God will not have all people saved - so I can't really answer the question because I don't agree with the premise.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
1. Y
And two more questions, do you believe that Paul still hated Christ after Christ revealed himself to Paul? Do you believe Paul still hated Christ when Paul chose to believe in him?

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 06-14-2010 at 09:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity