Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2024, 04:49 PM

23,358 posts, read 10,651,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Mother's Day was really rough a couple of weeks ago. I have an amazing mother in law, but I wanted to see my mom....or at least her grave, but that's in Maryland.

I am sorry that happened to you. I have sleep issues to at times!
You cant tell whether she would have been there to meet you anyway, she might have had to jump through hoops just to be around you.

Awe hell Quake, somebody to have created such a perfect child as you, your mom is probably in charge of many, probably so busy that she would have visited just for you and been late to an appointment some other place. This world is a trial to be appointed a job, and your life proves how much authority you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2024, 07:05 AM

89,055 posts, read 85,654,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Mother's Day was really rough a couple of weeks ago. I have an amazing mother in law, but I wanted to see my mom....or at least her grave, but that's in Maryland.

I am sorry that happened to you. I have sleep issues to at times!
Aw, I miss my mom, too QB, and I'm almost three times as old as you are.

She's not in her grave, though. She's out of that body.

You might want to try this, but I'll tell you what happened when I did.

About six months after my mother died, I told a friend how I hadn't had so much as a single dream of her since she left. My friend said, "Listen, before you go to sleep tonight, tell your mother out loud how much you miss her and you wish you could hear from her." So I did that that very night before I went to sleep.

I woke up from a dream about an hour later in which I was standing in the living room of the house where I grew up, and my mother, looking much younger than she was when she died, was standing in front of me looking kind of annoyed. She said, "What do you want me for? You have to go on with your life." Then she turned and walked up the stairs that led to the second floor and disappeared.

OK, Ma, I won't bug you anymore!

I did have another dream about her in 2022, when I was at Frank's sons' house and we were taking care of him. I was standing next to a pay phone, the open kind, and the phone rang. I picked it up, and the operator said, "It's a collect call from Charlotte, but you don't have to pay." Then I heard my mother's voice, laughing and sounding very distant, "I just want to say hi, but I haven't figured out how to use this system".

A couple of days after that I went to a crystal show and they had psychics there. I went to one, and she said some odd stuff about dragons and Atlantis and whatnot that made me think she was nuts, but she also said, "Oh, your mother has passed, hasn't she?" I said yes, (thinking, "great guess lady, since I have grey hair"). She said, "She has been trying to get in touch with you." I said, "Yes, I know, she called me on a pay phone two days ago."

Old 06-05-2024, 02:08 PM

Wow, sweet post Queeny.

Old 06-05-2024, 02:45 PM

I am rewatching the fallout series, I just love Walter Goggins, dude is from Alabama but he sounds and looks like all my cousins and we all look like our tramps, same eyes, same attitude, same accent.

Heard this song by the inkspots from 1940 in the series, I think it was written in 1902, genius lyrics.

"We Three (My Echo, My Shadow, And Me)"

We three, we're all alone
Living in a memory
My echo, my shadow, and me

We three, we're not a crowd
We're not even company

What good is the moonlight
The silvery moonlight
That shines above?
I walk with my shadow
I talk with my echo
But where is the one I love?

We three, we'll wait for you
Even till eternity

We three, we're all alone
Seem like we're living in a memory
That's my echo, my shadow, and me

We three, we ain't no crowd
Fact is we ain't even company
That's my echo, my shadow, and me

You know, I've been wondering
What good is the moonlight
That silvery moonlight
That shines way, way up above
Yeah, I walk with my shadow
I talk with my echo
But where is that gal that I love?

We three, we'll wait for you
Even till eternity
My echo, my shadow and me

Old 06-10-2024, 01:33 AM

" The Paradise."

I love Jane Austen, period drama and romance.

The paradise hotel is binge worthy, dramatic struggles, plenty to watch.

I watched all the series 3 or 4 times, really re watchable like," Lost in Austen," also a good show.

No cursing or nudity, you can watch with kids around.

Old 06-11-2024, 10:36 AM

13,906 posts, read 8,186,146 times
I stopped by and visited Hank Williams' grave this past weekend. Crazy that he never made it to 30, and here I'm almost 40. For my family's sake, I hope I make it.

Old 06-11-2024, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I stopped by and visited Hank Williams' grave this past weekend. Crazy that he never made it to 30, and here I'm almost 40. For my family's sake, I hope I make it.
I didnt know he died that young, wow.

Old 06-12-2024, 07:02 AM

1,788 posts, read 783,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Aw, I miss my mom, too QB, and I'm almost three times as old as you are.

She's not in her grave, though. She's out of that body.

You might want to try this, but I'll tell you what happened when I did.

About six months after my mother died, I told a friend how I hadn't had so much as a single dream of her since she left. My friend said, "Listen, before you go to sleep tonight, tell your mother out loud how much you miss her and you wish you could hear from her." So I did that that very night before I went to sleep.

I woke up from a dream about an hour later in which I was standing in the living room of the house where I grew up, and my mother, looking much younger than she was when she died, was standing in front of me looking kind of annoyed. She said, "What do you want me for? You have to go on with your life." Then she turned and walked up the stairs that led to the second floor and disappeared.

OK, Ma, I won't bug you anymore!

I did have another dream about her in 2022, when I was at Frank's sons' house and we were taking care of him. I was standing next to a pay phone, the open kind, and the phone rang. I picked it up, and the operator said, "It's a collect call from Charlotte, but you don't have to pay." Then I heard my mother's voice, laughing and sounding very distant, "I just want to say hi, but I haven't figured out how to use this system".

A couple of days after that I went to a crystal show and they had psychics there. I went to one, and she said some odd stuff about dragons and Atlantis and whatnot that made me think she was nuts, but she also said, "Oh, your mother has passed, hasn't she?" I said yes, (thinking, "great guess lady, since I have grey hair"). She said, "She has been trying to get in touch with you." I said, "Yes, I know, she called me on a pay phone two days ago."
I'm glad you felt a connection to your mother! It's so important and comforting to feel at times.

I was able to get a cousin from south central Pennsylvania to get a short video of her grave for me.

Old Yesterday, 07:39 AM

1,788 posts, read 783,231 times
Happy Father's Day to our creator, our heavenly father!

Happy Father's Day to my amazing husband and father of my children!

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful father in law!

Happy Father's Day to my dad.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!!!

Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,859,878 times
Amen QuakerBaker !

To Abba, our Heavenly Father, who loved us so much He gave His only Begotten Son.And to Jesus for His sacrifice, and the Holy Spirit who lives in me.

To my Pop, who 30 years ago moved to his eternal home; now directs the heavenly orchestra !

Bruce, father of our sons, now in his eternal home with my Pop, Mom. Your quirky grin, sense of humor has passed down to our sons And grandson. Work ethic too !
Miss you Babe !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity