Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2010, 03:15 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times

Advertisements

I've always loved to bake but I used to be a terrible cook. When my husband and I first started dating - I cooked a few meals for him. After those first few meals, he decided to take over in the kitchen!!! I slowly started cooking more and more - and with the help of some great recipes and some constructive criticism from my husband (not always welcomed, mind you), I began to get better and better. However, I truly love to cook and bake - so it was worth the time and effort to me. If you don't love it - why bother! There are so many other things to do in life - why waste time doing something that doesn't make you happy!!!

Oh - and I don't think there is anyway I can avoid the mess... I do try but I'm just a walking disaster!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 09:52 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,271,295 times
Default Chopping, dicing, slicing, chopping....

In between cleaning (at which June excells!) she is dicing, chomping, and otherwise preparing this "homemade soup" concoction. WHAT was June THINKING in doing this? Would it have not been equally as effective to invite friends over and order out a pizza? It's not as if they don't know that June is not exactly "culinarily inclined." And WHAT was June THINKING is deciding to make to most "labor intensive" meal known to June-kind?

Kill me, just kill me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
June I have a recipe for you and others who want to serve scrumptious as well as sumptuous meal without really knowing how to cook and avoid the MESS...LOL!

I STILL hate to cook. I don't really know why.

I can sympathize with you.

Oh, how June "hears ya" ans! Honest to God, June is convinced that "cooking" is as much an "art form" as it is an experiment in hope! She saved your recipe (many thanks!!!!) so that in the event her guests live through tonight's meal, she can hopefully invite them back again for chicken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I do try but I'm just a walking disaster!
Dewdrop: June is such a "culinary disaster" that upon hearing that she was actually "cooking" for her dinner guests, one friend said "I'm calling the fire department in order to put them on alert!" --Sad, but true...

~So here's to hoping that by the time these poor hungry souls arrive, June will be ready.

"God bless those who can cook."

Thus says the little heathen!

Old 07-04-2010, 02:16 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
In between cleaning (at which June excells!) she is dicing, chomping, and otherwise preparing this "homemade soup" concoction. WHAT was June THINKING in doing this? Would it have not been equally as effective to invite friends over and order out a pizza? It's not as if they don't know that June is not exactly "culinarily inclined." And WHAT was June THINKING is deciding to make to most "labor intensive" meal known to June-kind?

Kill me, just kill me...

Oh, how June "hears ya" ans! Honest to God, June is convinced that "cooking" is as much an "art form" as it is an experiment in hope! She saved your recipe (many thanks!!!!) so that in the event her guests live through tonight's meal, she can hopefully invite them back again for chicken!

Dewdrop: June is such a "culinary disaster" that upon hearing that she was actually "cooking" for her dinner guests, one friend said "I'm calling the fire department in order to put them on alert!" --Sad, but true...

~So here's to hoping that by the time these poor hungry souls arrive, June will be ready.

"God bless those who can cook."

Thus says the little heathen!

Old 07-04-2010, 07:14 PM

41 posts, read 54,915 times
I found this guy in youtube.. i fell in love with his voice.. his spirit..and his music.. it spoke to my heart.... i don't know if anyone will appreciate it.. but i thought it would be nice to share ..instead of adding to the debating threads below...

Blessings

Old 07-04-2010, 07:33 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IandIlove View Post
I found this guy in youtube.. i fell in love with his voice.. his spirit..and his music.. it spoke to my heart.... i don't know if anyone will appreciate it.. but i thought it would be nice to share ..instead of adding to the debating threads below...

Blessings

I think I like his version better than the original.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:19 AM

11 posts, read 41,083 times
If you can start the day without caffeine,
If you can get going without pep pills,
If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,
If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,
If you can eat the same food everyday and be grateful for it,
If you can understand when your loved ones are too
busy to give you any time,
If you can overlook it when those you love take it out on you,
If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,
If you can ignore a friend's limited education and never correct him,
If you can resist treating a rich friend better than an poor friend,
If you can face the world without lies and deceit,
If you can conquer tension without medical help,
If you can relax without liquor,
If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,
If you can say honestly that deep in your heart you have
no prejudice against creed, color, religion or politics,
THEN, my friend, you are almost as good as your dog.
-Author Unknown-

Old 07-05-2010, 08:34 AM

139 posts, read 223,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkunk12 View Post
-Author Unknown-
cute.. and soo true

bless

Old 07-05-2010, 05:19 PM

8,168 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkunk12 View Post
-Author Unknown-

Old 07-05-2010, 06:52 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
LOVE the poem! I think we can all learn a lot from our four legged friends! I know that my little girl is the most wonderful thing in my life!!!
I'm kind of sore - I swam the legnth of my lake and back - it's not that far - less than a mile or so roundtrip but I haven't swum in a long time! But it's a good sore!
Our neighborhood 4th party was so much fun! I got suckered into singing for everyone for a little bit - but I still had a great time! I just love my new neighbors! Everyone is so nice and friendly!
Just a little Dewdrop update!

Old 07-06-2010, 06:20 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,271,295 times
Back to work today after a three day weekend.

They're predicting temperature of 97 degrees, saying that it'll feel like it's 109.

--June's thinking she will run the downstairs a/c while at work, as she doesn't want the little dog to be stuck in the house, over-heating with temps like that! Yikes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity