Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2010, 07:04 AM

1,468 posts, read 2,122,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Which one?
This one -- the Bishop of Rome.

The Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club: Homepage

Blessings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Sorry that your God can't do anything about it. Spread your Good News.

So you believe in more than one God?

How many Gods are in your personal pantheon?

Old 06-30-2010, 07:08 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,643,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
When Satan tugs at me, I just slap his hand away, and you should too.
Somehow I knew you or someone else would say this. I can just about guarantee that you are experiencing doubt as to the ET belief and you will not admit it. I wouldn't either so I don't hold that against you. You shouldn't hold it against me that I have been shown the truth, and that truth is that ALL will be saved.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Somehow I knew you or someone else would say this. I can just about guarantee that you are experiencing doubt as to the ET belief and you will not admit it. I wouldn't either so I don't hold that against you. You shouldn't hold it against me that I have been shown the truth, and that truth is that ALL will be saved.
The problem is, a lot of other people throughout history have made those exact same claims of a direct revelation from God about what is and is not "the truth."

How do you prove that your "direct revelation" from God is any more valid than, say, that of David Koresh, Pat Robertson, or Sun Myung Moon?

Are we supposed to just take your word for it?

Last edited by DreamingSpires; 06-30-2010 at 07:43 AM..

Old 06-30-2010, 07:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,765,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I can just about guarantee that you are experiencing doubt as to the ET belief and you will not admit it.
No, I am a believer and I believe 100%. I do not doubt anything in the Bible.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:27 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,960,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post

So you believe in more than one God?

How many Gods are in your personal pantheon?

You missed the point completely, try again.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:37 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,034,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I remain a Universal Soldier and proud.

To answer your question about why we talk about our beliefs, one reason is because we don't like seeing God's character assassinated. If someone accused my daddy of setting someone on fire to torture them, I'd defend him, too.

You asked why we waste our time on the forum when we could be telling others besides people who believe in Jesus. I could ask you a similar question. Why do you waste your time on here when, if hell is a literal lake of fire - NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!! Why don't you get off the computer and try to make sure everyone you meet isn't on their way to hell? You asked if we should be out shopping or something? Well since we know that God has no intention of setting anyone on fire for eternity, it would be reasonable for use to choose shopping or being on the internet or getting a pedicure. But what about YOU? Are you going to get a pedicure and not bother to ask the person working on your feet if they are on their way to hell? What if they are not a believer and they die right after the nail polish dries on your feet? What are you going to tell God when you get to heaven? I don't know why ETers can't see the insanity of it, and instead fool themselves into believing it's true, but not their problem. If it's true, WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT?

Old 06-30-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
You missed the point completely, try again.
Sorry but telepathic powers of interpreting gnostic gobbledygook are not my strong suit. I couldn't make heads or tails of Eckhart Tolle either.
Whoever would lead someone to faith needs the ability to speak well and reason properly. ~ Joseph Ratzinger

Old 06-30-2010, 07:49 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,960,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
Sorry but telepathic powers of interpreting gnostic gobbledygook are not my strong suit. I couldn't make heads or tails of Eckhart Tolle either.
Whoever would lead someone to faith needs the ability to speak well and reason properly. ~ Joseph Ratzinger

You are still out in left field, try again.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
You are still out in left field, try again.
Not interested in playing "What does he/she really mean?"

I think we will have to call a truce here, you and I. Deal?

Blessings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity