Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 03:51 PM

365 posts, read 511,611 times

Advertisements

A story of joy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 12:41 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,884,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
That's an amazing testimony; thank you for sharing with us. It is amazing how Jesus can turn one's life completely around. He gives us new life...we become a new person....

Bud

Old 10-02-2010, 07:54 AM

1 posts, read 988 times
I know what hell is like. And LORD I do not want to go; I know I won’t because the Blood of Christ covers me. I don’t want anyone else I have ever known to go either, not even those who have hurt me terribly.
I felt and saw Hell one night, I was given that gift. It took 35 years for me to understand what I saw. And now I have to tell as many people as I can because believe me; you do not want to go there. Hell is real and only the blood of Jesus will exempt you from it. “God made him who had no sin to be sin for us so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” 2 Corinthians 5:21

I lay on the front porch in a fetal ball, screaming at the top of my lungs. Completely focused inward at what I could see and feel in my mind. All was black and bleak and cold. The only light and warmth came from the living room of the house behind me as it floated in the empty frigid nothingness. I felt completely hopeless, nothing had meaning, and I was completely alone except for the men in the house. They had no clue that we were alone in the vast uncaring universe. I saw that when each one of them realized what I was discovering, that even the light in the living room would be extinguished and the comfortable camaraderie of partying together would vanish.
I foresaw that each one of them, whom I barely knew anyway, would disappear and then I would be truly alone.
Alone in the dark, a dark so deep it was physical agony. I could feel my body but not see it, I could think and feel emotions but could not speak.. I was only capable of screaming… Screaming in Terror and unending Despair Deeper than I had ever known... imagine being buried alive and certain that the horror would never end because I could not die.
Alone, cold, empty, ALONE, COLD, DARK, EMPTY. No hope, ho joy, ho peace, no light, no warmth, no sound, forever and ever and ever… screaming and screaming forever.. no one to hear… no one to help… no one to care… ever… forever alone and screaming in the dark… in anguish.
OH Thank you LORD JESUS!! I praise Your Holy Name!! For you have saved me from that destiny! Your Precious Blood covers me with Your Righteousness and I am Saved!
Oh People don’t you know we will all live forever! That is how God Created us! We will all live forever in either the Warm Light of His love or in the agony of the darkness, alone, forever.
Please Choose Life!!
I had this vision of Hell when I was 15 during a bad acid trip. I ran from God for years, but now I know the gift He gave me that night. He gave me a glimpse of my eternal destiny. Then He spent the next 30 years of my life pursuing me in Love, waiting for me to turn and run to HIM.
He waits for you. He does not want anyone to suffer eternity without Him. He loves you.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:36 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
A story of joy

Quote:
I start with a prayer instead. I ask God for wisdom, strength, courage, and guidance throughout the day and to fill me with His peace, joy, love and presence. I ask Him to be my support and shield and to carry me through the day.
It is okay to ask Him for those other things but, it is unnecessary to ask Him to fill you with His presence because you are filled and complete in Christ. That is His promise of being with us always. FYI

Colossians 1:27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 2: 5For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Ephesians 1: 17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Matthew 9: 17Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

We are the new creature in Christ able to hold the new wine aka the Holy Spirit so we are not leaky vessels but filled, sealed, and thus saved.

As you testified below of keeping your eyes on Jesus Christ, may you rest in Him that He is with you always.

Quote:
It was only when I turned my focus away from myself and earthly things and looked towards Jesus that I found true pardon and peace. It was only when I looked towards Jesus that an inner light of joy in my heart ignited. Reader, you can also experience this wonderful joy if you place your eyes upon Him. Nothing in this world will give you true joy but looking to Christ alone.

Deep in my heart I know that Jesus is coming back soon for me to take me to heaven. You can also have this same joy and assurance when you place your trust in Him.

Jesus knows all my faults, and yet I know deep in my heart that He forgives me and loves me anyway. Jesus is the perfect gift. He is my best friend, and He can be yours, too.

[Matthew 6:33] But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Amen. Thank you for sharing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity