Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2010, 12:54 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
WRONG!!!..Sabbath keepers are the ONLY ones who are sealed by God...SEALED!!! The Sabbath IS the seal of God!! IT IS WRITTEN!!!...the MARK of Christ!!! upon the believer who lives in obedience!!!..the only other mark is the mark-of-the-beast!!!!...and it's anyone's choice!!!...and this is all I will have to say on this, so as not to get this thread off topic...in respect for the OP's request...FINAL ANSWER!!!
They are as much part of the beast system has the rest.I used to think the same when i was open to the teachings of William Branham .Final answer Verna .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 12:55 PM

8 posts, read 10,135 times
http://pb.org/

http://primitivebaptiststoday.org/

Last edited by decision12; 07-06-2010 at 01:15 PM..

Old 07-06-2010, 12:58 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decision12 View Post
Primitive Baptist Web Station

Home (http://primitivebaptiststoday.org/Home.html - broken link)
They do not work.

(edit) Now they do!

Old 07-06-2010, 01:04 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
How can you say this?
If Noah and his famiy ark save in the TYPE Ark that later was fulfilled in Jesus Christ, in that the wicked were completey destroyed in the flood, it is clear and evident that the several references like:

Dan 9:26 and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Nah 1 But with an overrunning flood he will make an utter end of the place thereof, and darkness shall pursue his enemies. ...For while [they be] folden together [as] thorns, and while they are drunken [as] drunkards, they shall be devoured as stubble fully dry.

Matt 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Luke 17:27They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

2 Peter 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth [person], a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly

There is plenty more, and do you think not for one minute the Jew thought......hmmmmmm they weren't all destroyed were they?

You are out of your mind. Spare me the spin doctor TKC, it doesn't work. The Bible implies many things all over the place, it takes a 3rd grader to figure this one out. The flood killed the wicked, forever, so too will be such when the Son of Man came/comes. In the NH and E, such is called the second death, where the body and soul are desroyed in everlasting destruction.
Quote:
Until anyone of you can show the forum that in the scriptures it says:

The wicked dead are converted and purified as righteous you are all liars.

Otherwise the OP still stands, thw wicked's destination is eternal, second death.
1 Peter 3:
18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water.

I'm sure you'll try to make this fit your agenda somehow, but it only makes sense that Jesus would use His few days between death and resurrection to accomplish something, and not waste His time preaching to the dead of Noah's day if there were no way they could be saved. Do you think His preaching was like saying, "Nanny, nanny, boo-boo." I'm going to rise and you're going to hell?" Or do you think maybe He was preaching the GOOD NEWS to them?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:17 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times
Originally Posted by sciotamicks
All of Christianity takes the Bible as the literal truth.
You do not.

Now address the OP, or stay out of the conversation. I am tired of you going off topic.
You have wasted space on this thread with your ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Sorry,but you took this off course by proclaiming that I was not a Christian.Therefore,deal with it.

And not all of Christianity takes the Bible as literal.You simply do not know what you are talking about here.Roman Catholic bishops have denied creationism.I attended for over a year an Eastern Orthodox church that did not make you accept creationism or Noah's Ark.I then started attending an Episcopal church;they do not take much of the things like creationism,Noah's flood,the sun standing still in the sky,etc,as literal.I know this from first hand experience.

So,once again,you simply speak of things that you know nothing about.BTW,those groups make up more of Christianity than all evangelicals combined.
Sciotamicks can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what he is trying to get at, is that he thinks these groups you mentioned are not part of Christianity either. I was raised to think the possibility of people in these groups being real Christians was iffy at best.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:25 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
WRONG!!!..Sabbath keepers are the ONLY ones who are sealed by God...SEALED!!! The Sabbath IS the seal of God!! IT IS WRITTEN!!!...the MARK of Christ!!! upon the believer who lives in obedience!!!..the only other mark is the mark-of-the-beast!!!!...and it's anyone's choice!!!...and this is all I will have to say on this, so as not to get this thread off topic...in respect for the OP's request...FINAL ANSWER!!!

Sure and when you die, better hope you kept it on the right day.....

Old 07-06-2010, 01:27 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Hades.
NO Death. We all die. No witnesses to hades.. that is a name for an unseen place...

Death is what all living beings have to look forward to.

Quote:
For the saints yes...that is what the scripture says..
So what about the wicked? When are they judged and sentenced to the lake of fire? What you are saying goes against full preterism.

Doesn't it?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:29 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Then all Jews are sealed... even though they have no belief in Christ, but simply because they keep the sabbath...

Fine by me.

That falls within universal salvation but doesn't help ET much.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:44 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I guess you didn't really read or understand then.

What do you think the wicked being tormented in the lake of fire is? JUDGMENT. That is how they are JUDGED (Rev 20:13-15). Judgment causes people to learn righteousness. We know the whole world will learn righteousness through His judgments. And we know Christ will make all righteous. (PS to avoid confusion, understand the lake of fire is not physical - its spiritual, symbolic of the judgment they will go through - God judges by fire - spiritual fire).
They are destroyed both body and soul. There is no "judged" by fre and then released into righteousness. Nowhere does this exist. Death is death, and the second death is eternal. Death is not life, and Revelation20 and 21 both note SECOND DEATH. There is no allusion to life after that. They are dead. Did I say dead?

Quote:
And BTW, you plagiarized at least half your post to meerkat2 from this website (What the Bible Says About The Resurrection And Immortality). You need to stop plagiarizing other people's work in your own posts and think for yourself. At least post a link if you are doing a cut and paste WORD for WORD hack job. Its against the TOS otherwise, and its dishonest when you use someone else's words as your own.
You mean Kurt Simmons, Sam Frost, David Greene, Ed Hassert, among others? Oh I forgot Michael Sullivan....all good friends of mine and I have permission...don't worry about that. We are a group, firghting against you. I am not selling it, therefore, if they let me...I post. It wasnt plagarization it's called.....research...the whole post is from several authors, including myself.....that I use during Bible study with my peers...want a full list?

It only refutes you more, as a collective body of the Holy Spirit denounces your claim. Together.....Preterist to Futurist...your dead wrong, and you are sending people to die eternally because of your claims and views. Non-Christians feel, that if they will be saved anyway, they can live however they want.

It's all a lie. Believe me, I witness here, and on the street.
And everyone I tell about UR who doesn't believe in Christ, decides why bother with it...they're saved anyway. A big LIE.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:46 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
we are a group, firghting against you.
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity