Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 02:12 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
They are well intended spiritual people who
have inherited a pagan faith and will live and die without knowing the truth of salvation. It's an incomprehensibly sad senario. I still love these people and their children and feel helpless in having a universal impact on their right to believe what they hold sacred. It's "religion" which God has little
to do with. These Muslims pursue traditional pagan customs to reach their Allah and it's all perverted nonesense.
They have a lot in common with many modern day Christians then. I've suspected as much since we Americans turned to war mongering as a nation.

Heartsong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 02:19 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,623 times
You know, the important matter in this discussion as far as I am concerned is the fact that the Muslims do believe in One God and from the depths of their souls want to know the true God. Who is willing to lift a finger to lead them to the Heavenly Father? I think that is the bottom line. And I know the answer is, Jesus would. Are you leading people to the Father in heaven or repelling them? Each person knows the answer that is true for him/herself.

Heartsong

Old 07-06-2010, 02:49 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
You know, the important matter in this discussion as far as I am concerned is the fact that the Muslims do believe in One God and from the depths of their souls want to know the true God. Who is willing to lift a finger to lead them to the Heavenly Father? I think that is the bottom line. And I know the answer is, Jesus would. Are you leading people to the Father in heaven or repelling them? Each person knows the answer that is true for him/herself.

Heartsong
Nice post, Heartsong.
Somehow, I get the feeling that God isn't going to get hung up on a name.
Saul fell to his knees and cried out, "who art thou, LORD??" He didn't even know who his Lord was, but he was already calling Him LORD nonetheless.
I believe that's how it will be for the masses. They will see the glory of God, realize in an instant how GREAT and HOLY He is, and without even knowing His name, will be calling Him "LORD."

God's ways are so above our ways!

Blessings to you!
brian

Old 07-06-2010, 03:09 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Nice post, Heartsong.
Somehow, I get the feeling that God isn't going to get hung up on a name.
Saul fell to his knees and cried out, "who art thou, LORD??" He didn't even know who his Lord was, but he was already calling Him LORD nonetheless.
I believe that's how it will be for the masses. They will see the glory of God, realize in an instant how GREAT and HOLY He is, and without even knowing His name, will be calling Him "LORD."

God's ways are so above our ways!

Blessings to you!
brian
Yes... I was trying to point out that if God is ONE and ONLY then whatever you call him it's still the ONE and ONLY..

Old 07-24-2010, 02:13 PM

593 posts, read 890,034 times
You all have very excellent points and I sense that you all have love and compassion in your hearts. Natually as a christian I literally agonize over the thought that many will not inherit the Kingdom of God. Scripture is clear "Unless a man is born of water and of spirit he (mankind) will NOT enter the
Kingdom of Heaven" "No one goes to the Father but by......ME (Jesus)." "I and my Father are ONE If you have seen me you HAVE seen the Father". Good people who strongly desire all good people worldwide to be saved always shoot the messenger when it does't go their way or shout "legalism".
Muslims like Christians don't study the Quran and too many christians don't study scripture. The real truths hurt,the commands are at times seemingly unfair,the rules of the road are strange and questionable and then we discover God has two sides the first is "love" and the second is FIRE.
He will pour wrath on those who reject His son more wrath than anyone can imagine. We have to get the word out we have to save our Muslim and unbeliever friends and obey His word even when it rubs us wrong!!!! In Christ, Das

Last edited by DASULAR17; 07-24-2010 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: formating problem

Old 07-24-2010, 02:44 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
God has two sides the first is "love" and the second is FIRE.
Yes, and I wish that Christians first and foremost would see that the two cannot be separated - as has been said, our God is One. Fire is for purification, period, and that for the body of Christ first.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:12 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,718,347 times
No one really knows for sure which language he spoke. It was most likely Aramaic, Greek, or Hebrew. There is fairly convincing evidence of each, and scholars have differing opinions. In the Bible, as has been stated above Jesus almost certainly said ABBA, and if he spoke Aramaic Elah.

Muslims state unequivocally that Jesus spoke Aramaic. I don't really know, and the question doesn't bother me. What would bother me is if the debate was shifted, and accuracies brought forth by dishonest Islamic scholars with an agenda - I have my doubts that their influence would be deep in the US, however in Egypt and Israel, it would be more defined. And those areas are without a doubt the centers of Christology.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:12 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,549,608 times
Actually I think the Assyrian Christians, who speak a form of Aramaic, also insist he spoke Aramaic. To be honest that's what I'd always heard too. As mentioned God in Aramaic seems to be something like "Elah." (El seems to be a Semitic root-word for "God" or "High-God." Some of the atheists kind of rocked me on that, but I'm not sure of the significance as Christians in China sometimes refer to God using root-words for the Chinese "High-God" or "King of Heaven.")

We can know with fair *certainty that he wouldn't have called God "God" as I believe the word "God" is Germanic and Jesus never dealt directly with Germanic peoples so far as I can recall.

*Granted being Jesus he'd know Germanic words, etc. I just mean I don't see where he would have needed to use them in the stories we have.

Old 03-24-2024, 02:28 PM

2,767 posts, read 2,666,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Does that mean that Jesus in Aramaic called God "alaha" or "allah"?
Yes Jesus called God Allah

you can hear that in this video that is saying a verse from the Gospel in the langauge of Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7m6jwdb-kw

Old 03-24-2024, 04:10 PM

1,400 posts, read 764,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I was reading an article the other day which reminded me that Jesus' other spoken language was Aramaic. Arabic is the closest language we have to Aramaic. Does that mean that Jesus in Aramaic called God "alaha" or "allah"?
He called Him Abbah, which means Father. Father, Son, Holy Spirit ~ One God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity