Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 01:16 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

The God of Christendom

Please tell me which God is your God and why. . .

THE GOD OF CHRISTENDOM
GOD, in the beginning, created a perfect Angel called the
"Anointed Cherub" whose name was Lucifer.

This perfect Angel one day fell in sin, and became a devil,
ruining much of God's universe, and is the cause of all sin and
evil, and also the cause of ruin and sin in other perfect angels,
now called demons.

Last edited by june 7th; 07-19-2010 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: Reformatted to comply with city-data's copright rules
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 01:11 PM

This post must be pretty powerful.

I wonder if some here wish it would just go away?

Old 07-19-2010, 01:37 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
This God is wonderful

how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

25And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen

To think that fundamental christianity does everything in it's power to play down how wonderful and loving He is , is a travesty.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-19-2010 at 01:55 PM..

Old 07-19-2010, 05:50 PM

528 posts, read 1,185,514 times
There is a thing called free will, that God has given each one of us. Because of sin, unfortunately not EVERYONE will be saved.

Romans 10:9-10 - "9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

It does require belief on our part. But I do believe that God wants EVERYONE to be saved.

1 Tim. 2: 3 "He wills all mankind to be saved and come to a
knowledge of the truth" - (quoted earlier)

If everyone's going to be saved no matter what we believe, then there was no reason for Jesus to come to this earth to die for our sins....because obviously our sins wouldn't matter. the concept of "sin" wouldn't exist.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toredyvik View Post
There is a thing called free will, that God has given each one of us. Because of sin, unfortunately not EVERYONE will be saved.

Romans 10:9-10 - "9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

It does require belief on our part. But I do believe that God wants EVERYONE to be saved.

1 Tim. 2: 3 "He wills all mankind to be saved and come to a
knowledge of the truth" - (quoted earlier)

If everyone's going to be saved no matter what we believe, then there was no reason for Jesus to come to this earth to die for our sins....because obviously our sins wouldn't matter. the concept of "sin" wouldn't exist.
Hi toredyvik, God did give us wills but the Bible never says God gave us free wills or wills free from divine intervention or causality.

Look at this:
John 1:13 "who were begotten, not of bloods, neither of the will of the flesh, neither of the will of a man, but of [the will of] God."

Rom 9:16 Consequently, then, it is not of him who is willing, nor of him who is racing, but of God, the Merciful."

Do you see how those very verses undo your thoughts on "people have to save themselves by their own free will"?

Also, your last part above which I put in blue, can easily be answered thus:
Jesus came to die for our sins no matter what we believe. If He didn't die for our sins no one could be saved no matter what they believed.

I think you are getting hung up on the salvation of the BELIEVER. Yes, a believer will believe what must be believed to be saved for the coming ages (1000 year age and new earth age). Anyone not given grace to be believing the gospel/evangel cannot be saved for the future ages. But they can only believe that Christ died for the sins of the whole world. They are not asked to believe Christ died only for the sins of the believer. The unbeliever is saved at the end of the ages because God said "God will have all mankind to be saved for Christ ransomed all" (1 Tim.2:4-6). Look up the word "ransom" in the whole bible. One who is ransomed must be freed. All mankind must be freed into God's salvation because Christ ransomed all mankind. It's a done deal. Can't undo the ransom.

Peace
http://saviourofall.org

Old 08-04-2010, 02:09 PM

toredyvik, just curious if you read my reply to you?

Old 08-04-2010, 03:01 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Snippet:

THE GOD OF CHRISTENDOM
GOD, in the beginning, created a perfect Angel called the
"Anointed Cherub" whose name was Lucifer.

This perfect Angel one day fell in sin, and became a devil,
ruining much of God's universe, and is the cause of all sin and
evil, and also the cause of ruin and sin in other perfect angels,
now called demons.

Author's note: This reminds one of a man who invents a
machine or creates something for the good of himself and humanity,
and then this machine goes out of his control and ruins all,
against the original will and intention of the inventor.

Link:

The God of Christendom
Can you please provide an actual piece of scripture that states this. I've read the bible hundreds of times and have never found scriptures where it says that God created a perfect angel called Lucifer.

It's pretty clear in Job that satan couldn't do diddly without Gods permission and that hadn't changed anywhere in scripture that I'm aware of.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:03 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Great OP Eusebius. Where are the believers in the first "god" Eusebius described - the "God of Christendom"? I too used to believe in some of those things, but I had to maintain contradictions and double think in my mind in order to hold on to those mainstream ideas.

Did God invent a machine and then blame the machine for going wrong?
The God of Christendumb did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity