Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 10:40 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,339,808 times

Advertisements

This is a great movie for Christians and anyone else to see. There r some very compelling Christian values played out in this movie by a mainstream popular actor- Denzel Washington. Be advised it is an action movie, so there is violence and language... Has anyone seen it? Please share ur thoughts if u have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 11:45 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,634,805 times
I haven't seen it yet but it is one that I plan on seeing. Thanks for the review....now I know I won't be wasting my money!!

Old 01-17-2010, 12:34 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,777,637 times
I saw it. I loved it! Really was a fantastic movie.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:06 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,232,188 times
My son really wants to see it- I know little about it, but I could watch Denzel for a couple of hours any day....

Seriously, though, I don't know if I can see it now, with all that is going on in Haiti. I am thinking that it would either be really good to see it right now or the opposite. Will watch this thread with interest.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:47 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,892,212 times
I haven't seen "Book of Eli" yet, but did recently watch "Old Dogs" at the theater. Funniest movie I've seen in like 30 years...had me laughing right out of my seat...

Bud

Old 01-18-2010, 01:37 PM

303 posts, read 570,215 times
before you praise something from unHOLYWOOD make sure you do a little background check
Denzel makes no bones about channeling spirits and Oprah....
Well nuf said...I read shes helped produce it and shes a channeler big time also
http://www.goodfight.org/a_v_winfrey_oprah.html

http://www.hicktownpress.com/hollywoods-love-affair-with-spirits/
Oscar winner Denzel Washington advised Will Smith to pray with MUHAMMAD ALI before portraying the boxing legend in ALI. The MALCOLM X star insisted Smith would need to channel the spirit of the black leader and pray for guidance before tackling the part on the big screen. Washington explains, Try to capture the spirit. That is what I was telling Will Smith. He called me one time before he started ALI. That was a tough film. And he was saying, What should I do? And he did the voice for me, and he had it, and I said, I think you should go to Michigan and pray with Ali, you know? That is what I did every day. I mean seriously, when I did CRY FREEDOM and when I did Malcolm X I would just pray every morning before I came out of that trailer. It was like, Malcolm come on cause it is not for me… it is for you and for those hopefully that have affected. SOURCE
More of Denzel
Speaking of magic, Washington has cited the experience of preparing to do the whipping scene in Edward Zwicks Glory as a moment of spiritual visitation and consultation. And then I prayed to all the spirits. I said, Look fellas, ladies, and I am talking about those who have been, and I said, Look I do not know. I am just rolling with you all. Just whatever happens I am going. And I said are you with me? Come on! I am serious! And I went out there and what hit me was, I am in charge. Never put my head down. This is not the first time this has happened to me the character and in fact I had the guy build all the scars to put on my back – and I went out there with an attitude that I am going to take this and not fold. But it hurt. And the tear was actually real. You know, you just allow it and you are thankful for it. It is not technical. It is not science. It is spirit. This spirit was probably the same kind that director Spike Lee was convinced visited Denzel Washington during the filming of Malcolm X. For a long time Mr. Lee has told the story of when the actor was on the set giving a speech as Malcolm during the human rights activist-leaders days as an orator under the tutelage of Elijah Muhammad, saying that after the scripted speech was over and he yelled cut, Washington would continue with his characters power and fire and brimstone speech for another minute or two, much to the astonishment of other cast and crew members. When Washington stopped, he said to Mr. Lee that he did not know what just happened, adding, that was not me, Spike. SOURCE

Old 01-18-2010, 02:21 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,196,256 times
I haven't seen it yet, but the critics seem to be down on it (sometimes that's a good sign). The last bible on earth is argued over as one tries to use it for evil while the other defends its purpose?

Sounds like the real world.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:58 PM

303 posts, read 570,215 times
tooshay little elmer

Old 01-18-2010, 03:08 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,753,546 times
Nice. So which of you ladies want a movie date with one Antlered Chamataka??

Old 01-18-2010, 03:12 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,400,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Nice. So which of you ladies want a movie date with one Antlered Chamataka??
Oh, AC, I think I'm a little old for you, and I'm no "cougar"...he..he..he.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity