Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:59 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Alison - is that not what you got out of my post - that to me atheists are better off than ETers in this world. What really bothers me is that there are people hurting because they are not completely convinced that the ET doctrine is untrue. To bring people out of bondage to that fear is my mission in this life. And a noble mission it is.
Um...I have no words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 12:16 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Um...I have no words.
Well, neither does half of my family have any words (one brother and sister - firmly entrenched in their hell doctrine as a requirement for salvation) and another brother who is atheist - so I don't mind the silence much. My mother died with the fear that she might not make it to heaven (that is what her church taught). It took a heavy toll on her soul - she never could mature in spiritual things for fear that God might reject her. My calling is what it is.........

Heartsong

Old 07-27-2010, 12:17 AM

8,167 posts, read 6,920,059 times
eternal.
torment.

I have no words.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:12 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
eternal.
torment.

I have no words.
And I have no reps.

Left.

To offer you.

(At this time).

Old 07-27-2010, 06:34 AM

134 posts, read 169,019 times
Beautiful Link, Heartsong! Sounds like Twila Paris – One of my Favorites!

I think it’s “the words” that have caused most of the problems. This is why you, my beloved friends, have none!

It's your HEART that knows better!

Old 07-27-2010, 08:01 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonminnie View Post
I agree with this post to a degree, however I unashamedly admit that I'd rather atheism be true than the grim and ghastly prospect of ET, although atheism is nihilistic and offers no hope, at least there is no eternal torture for anyone, whereas ET offers bliss to a privileged chosen few at the expense and to the exclusion of the vast majority of the human race who are set for eternal torture

Under these 2 paradigms I see atheism as the lesser evil in both these grim and bleak scenarios

This is just the thing, it did bother me, that's why I ended up in the predicament I now find myself in, I've apostatized because I could NEVER accept that the vast majority of the human race are set for ET

I'm in the same predicament, only worse, even my hope has been smashed to pieces
alialisonminnie, if you go to www.near-death.com there is a pdf called 'Nothing better than death', it may bring you hope.

They all describe the light, all of them, every race, color, religion, creed and the light is unconditional love. Many NDE'ers that have to come back have trouble coping with this life after getting a taste of paradise. But we'll all get to experience it and when we do, you won't even think about life down here.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:14 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,178,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Just to show how the bible can be used to support any idea, I will tell you a true story.

I had a cousin that had to milk the cows every morning before school. He felt that he smelled like the barnyard for the rest of the day. One morning he told his mother that he didn't want to milk because the bible said he shouldn't. She told him if he could find that in the bible, he wouldn't have to milk anymore.

The scripture? "Man shall not take what he cannot give."
I may have been in error in posting this. The story was told to me by his mother. I don't know if she made up the whole thing or was, like me, thinking that the statement did come from the Bible. My husband also thinks it's there!

At any rate, we are going to try to find the scripture. It's about killing another human, rather than milking a cow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity