Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,132,202 times

Advertisements

Proverbs 6
6 Go to the ant, O sluggard,
Observe her ways and be

7 Which, having no chief,
Officer or ruler,
8 Prepares her food in the summer
And gathers her provision in the harvest.

No, the world is not ending.
Only the world as we know it is ending.

Throughout history civilizations have come and gone. Initially they work hard, have strong moral code, grow and prosper. But when they become too prosperous they become lazy and corrupt, losing their morals that led them to prosper in the first place.

Right now the U.S is over $16 trillion in debt.
The fact of the matter is our money system is a complete fraud.
Every dollar in circulation is loaned into existence, created out of nothing, upon which interest is owed - back to the banks.
The federal reserve does not have any money. It simply creates it, and "loans" it to the government. Then interest is charged on this money that was created out of nothing.
Right now the Federal reserve is creating $85 billion every month, and using much of it to purchase mortgage backed securities (effectively: they are purchasing real estate from billions created out of thin air).

This whole system has given the central bankers incredible power. "Give me the power to print money and I care not who makes a countries laws" was famously spoken - and we see the results of that: incredible money power in Washington, the military industrial complex, the endless wars, the government cronies making billions while people's homes are foreclosed on.

This is unsustainable. It is a mathematical certainty that the U.S economy will crash - the dollar will go to a value of zero, and there will be a financial reset. This will cause unmitigated suffering and chaos. The only question is how long can the powers that be delay this certainty.

We are in this situation because we have been too prosperous, and people have stopped caring. They don't wish to think for themselves, instead relying on what the TV or other authority figures tell them. They have stopped caring that government fraud goes on and is un-prosecuted. We have lost the courage to stand up. We rely on the government to take care of us, instead of taking care of each other.

Why am I posting this in the Christianity forum? Because when it all falls apart (and it will) we will need to rebuild. We can prepare now for this eventuality: food, water, defense, savings, skills, relationships. We need to be like the ant - store up food from the harvest for the long winter that is certainly coming.

We need to prepare physically and mentally, but also spiritually.
There will come a time when we will really need to take care of each other, because if we don't, we won't survive.

(and no, the rapture is not going to save you from this mess)

This post is a little different than the typical rapture/end of the world stuff.
The world is not ending, only the world as we know it. We are in the early stages of the decline.

Does anyone else see this happening? Many cannot see it because we have all been demoralized and corrupted so that we cannot identify simple facts as the truth. This is part of the deception to keep the fraudulent money power rolling.

But I believe more are waking up.
I'm interested in your thoughts. What can we as followers of Christ do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 09:35 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
To the OP: What is sad for me is that for most Christians, their main concern is the decline of the empire of the United States. Yes, its clearly in decline. Morally it is coming apart. Sloth is rewarded, savings and investment punished, family structure in serious decline. The nation is "slouching toward Gamorroh", as Judge Robert Bork once observed. However, the actual more serious problem is the increase in false religion and false doctrine. Most Christians are Christians in name only. They know very little of the Bible's teaching and are shocked when they hear what the Bible actually teaches. We could very well be in the last days. We could very well be in the days that the Bible clearly predicts. Faithfulness to Christ and his word should be of the highest priority for all who hope to be saved.

2Th 2:3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.
Rev 20:3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

Da 12:11 “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.Da 12:12 Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days

These texts indicate, I believe, that near the end of the world, a man will appear that will set up a kingdom totally opposed to God, many will follow and there will be a great falling away of many Christians. In the end, on the last day, there will actually be very few Christians left in the world. These words of Jesus hint at this:

Lk 18:8 I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

Old 01-15-2013, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Morally it is coming apart. Sloth is rewarded, savings and investment punished, family structure in serious decline.
However, the actual more serious problem is the increase in false religion and false doctrine.
These are related and symptoms of the same problem as I see it.

We are in moral decline - people lie, cheat, and steal to get ahead. We stand by as others cheat and steal.
But because of this they are desensitized to truth, and are more easily swayed and willing to believe a lie.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:52 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,370,905 times
I really like your statement that the world as we know it is coming to an end. I wholeheartedly agree.

I think that as believers, we can only trust in the Lord, and do what is righteous.

There is a lot of corruption throughout the world. Some people just criticize it. Others try to change it by illegal means.
But as believers, we can make a difference for good, through the Spirit: peace, love, gentleness, kindness, goodness... These are things that can revolutionize the world, imo.

Blessings,
brian

Old 01-15-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I really like your statement that the world as we know it is coming to an end. I wholeheartedly agree.

I think that as believers, we can only trust in the Lord, and do what is righteous.

There is a lot of corruption throughout the world. Some people just criticize it. Others try to change it by illegal means.
But as believers, we can make a difference for good, through the Spirit: peace, love, gentleness, kindness, goodness... These are things that can revolutionize the world, imo.

Blessings,
brian
Yes this is a good point.

The world on the surface looks "ok", but there is deep evil and corruption at the top and the whole system is rotting within. This world is based on selfishness and greed.
It is all going to collapse.
There will be a period of chaos, confusion, and suffering.

But out of that will come a new system - this may be the time to get it right - to rebuild the world on a new paradigm based on love.

Or we may just continue the cycle of rebuilding followed by tyranny and collapse followed by rebuilding and collapse again, as has happened throughout history.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Yes this is a good point.

The world on the surface looks "ok", but there is deep evil and corruption at the top and the whole system is rotting within. This world is based on selfishness and greed.
It is all going to collapse.
There will be a period of chaos, confusion, and suffering.

But out of that will come a new system - this may be the time to get it right - to rebuild the world on a new paradigm based on love.

Or we may just continue the cycle of rebuilding followed by tyranny and collapse followed by rebuilding and collapse again, as has happened throughout history.
Yes. Some people say that the US is going the road of ancient Rome, where it got too big to handle. Of course there are many differences, and the world is much smaller today that back then. And, I think people are more intelligent, and more informed. Information travels very fast (back then, you and I would spend weeks just to get one message across the world!).
There is a beauty in how things are progressing. I don't see it all that "bad," really. I do share your hope that maybe this time God's leading us into the age of Love and Peace. I truly hope so.

Blessings,
brian

Old 01-16-2013, 04:38 AM

3 things people can do to improve the world:

1) open your own business (to reduce the monopolizing of the market, as well as slave labor wages..)

2) put your money in a safe place (ie. not banks)

3) don't participate in wars.

Peace,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity