Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:25 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,532 times

Advertisements

If this forum is some kind of Church, who does this forum belonged to!
Who does this forum authority does this forum answer too?
Is it man-made or of Christ!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 08:39 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
This forum's been bound by two sorceresses with a yellow star

Old 08-26-2010, 06:42 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
If this forum is some kind of Church, who does this forum belonged to! Everyone and No one
Who does this forum authority does this forum answer too? Everyone and No one
Time will tell

Last edited by june 7th; 08-26-2010 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: "Red" is for "mod cuts" so I changed yours to 'black.' Otherwise it's difficult for mods to do "mod cuts." Thanks, friend!

Old 08-26-2010, 09:27 AM

41 posts, read 54,943 times
probably belongs to the devil. ( he is a great deceiver)
People battle with carnal minds and feed their egos and show very little love.( some do) but most are so proud and and very bitter that they argue about pretty much anything you post..

This post may very well get me deleted as it may offend people..but i guess the truth hurts, and it is the truth. post somwthing about love and caring and u may get few or no responses.. post somthing about bashing a religion or why "another religion/sect is wrong and why your way is right .. and u will get hundreds of responses. its quite clear what this forum is about..( IMO )

jesus doesnt want us to argue and debate with eachotehr he wants us to be at peace and love eachother.. why is it so hard to do this? i guess the devil works very hard to stop us from doing gods work.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:03 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
If this forum is some kind of Church, who does this forum belonged to!
Who does this forum authority does this forum answer too?
Though this particular sub-forum on City-data is concerned with all things Christian, it is actually a secular forum. That is actually what makes it so much different from many of the other Christian Forum sites that are operated by a specific Christian sect or association ... Here all ideas are allowed to be expressed, discussed, and debated openly so long as the posters adhere to the rules of conduct. There are no taboo topics here, and we like it that way ... If you are interested in posting on a forum with a particular denominational or sectarian slant, you are in the wrong place.

Peace ...

Old 08-26-2010, 11:13 AM

823 posts, read 1,401,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IandIlove View Post
probably belongs to the devil. ( he is a great deceiver)
People battle with carnal minds and feed their egos and show very little love.( some do) but most are so proud and and very bitter that they argue about pretty much anything you post..

This post may very well get me deleted as it may offend people..but i guess the truth hurts, and it is the truth. post somwthing about love and caring and u may get few or no responses.. post somthing about bashing a religion or why "another religion/sect is wrong and why your way is right .. and u will get hundreds of responses. its quite clear what this forum is about..( IMO )

jesus doesnt want us to argue and debate with eachotehr he wants us to be at peace and love eachother.. why is it so hard to do this? i guess the devil works very hard to stop us from doing gods work.

Yes you are correct in that when we post about LOVE you will find only a few members post but that is okay because LOVE works in mysterious ways. I believe that lurkers can easily decipher who is on the narrow pathway and hopefully they follow them!

Old 08-26-2010, 11:53 AM

621 posts, read 1,210,219 times
I don't know. This Christian forum confuses me a bit. It seems there are some atheists who post in here and I don't know why they do that when they have their own forum. For some reason Christians aren't supposed to post in the atheist section. So I'm not sure who this room is for. I guess it's supposed to be predominantly Christian subjects, but don't they also get posted in the regular religion/philosophy forum?

There really isn't a single authority for in here, as I see it, because it's not really a church. I wonder if they are planning to add an Islam and Buddhist and Hindu subforums...?

Old 08-26-2010, 12:02 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyspider View Post
I don't know. This Christian forum confuses me a bit. It seems there are some atheists who post in here and I don't know why they do that when they have their own forum. For some reason Christians aren't supposed to post in the atheist section. So I'm not sure who this room is for. I guess it's supposed to be predominantly Christian subjects, but don't they also get posted in the regular religion/philosophy forum?
Atheists are allowed to post here, just as Christians/believers are allowed to post on the Atheist subforum provided they are not proselytizing (per the Administrator.) Anyone who is a member of city-data is allowed to post on any forum, provided the Terms of Service are being adhered to.

~Just posting this by way of clarification.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:10 PM

621 posts, read 1,210,219 times
Oh...sorry about that. I thought I read somewhere that Christians weren't supposed to ask questions in there... or something. Maybe it was the proselytizing part and I didn't understand it right. My bad. Thanks June. I'm confused...is it kinda like the religion/philosophy section is for both atheists and Christians (and others), and the atheist/Christian rooms are like a refuge-type zone where we don't have to worry about defending our beliefs/lack of beliefs to each other? Sorry, this all sounds stupid.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:58 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Jesus Christ is Here talking and teaching through his people , plus there are other people who teach through logic and other ideas where the Lord Jesus is not there , some people are blessed In Christ and others are still growing or learning .... Thoughs people who have Jesus will know the Words of Jesus when he speaks and when man speaks with his or about Jesus ways.... Be Blessed........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity