Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 12:17 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,033,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Are you asserting by posting this link that you believe Jesus never existed? I feel compelled to ask.

Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 08-29-2010 at 05:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 01:03 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,381,232 times
I believe the apostles were given "higher" understandings then what Jesus taught in the gospels. Jesus had many things to say to them but couldn't because they weren't ready to hear them until they had been empowered from on High.

So the apostles' understanding grew, Paul was given many revelations of God which you cannot find in the gospels.
Just as Jesus brought higher understandings than the OT did, so Paul and the early church received still Higher understandings taught DIRECTLY to them by the Holy Ghost (Jesus).

I fear that most of Christendom today does not believe that there are Higher things to hear..
And those who don't believe there is more to hear, how can they hear anything??

Blessings,
brian

Old 08-29-2010, 03:21 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,588,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Are you asserting by posting this link that you believe Jesus never existed? I feel compelled to ask. [color=RoyalBlue]

Moderator cut: Orphaned

How could you think that I don't believe in Jesus being The Christ...??? I posted this link in response to the topic of Paul's epistles without any bias opinion. I do not quote from the epistles only to avoid conflicting assertions. I know that these letters were not part of the scriptures...thus, the title..."The Epistles". From these come the never ending contentions among believers. I only use the Old Testament, the four Gospels, the book of acts, and the book of Revelation in sharing.

I believe without any shadow of doubt that The Christ Jesus is the sinless man whom God's Spirit chose to manifest in the flesh...for only the Creator could give this kind of unconditional love for his creation.

Peace!

Last edited by june 7th; 08-29-2010 at 05:52 AM..

Old 08-29-2010, 05:48 AM

9,698 posts, read 10,053,685 times
Jesus preached on the rules and heart and were to find Holy Spirit, plus on end times and the acceptable year of the Lord which is HIS final Judgement........ Where Apostle Paul taught on Church government over believers , faith, love, relationship with the Lord Jesus..... The largest diffrence I see is the acceptance of Judging the world and christians that Paul told us to do,: where Jesus said about Holy Spirit ``If you Judge you will be judged if you condemn you will be condemned`` So we can find that there is NO condemnation and judgement from Holy Spirit , even though Holy Spirit will Judge our faith and any sin so that we can be cleaned through HIS power.. If we go around Judging and condemning people the accuser the devil will be there leading us on. not Holy Spirit...... But not all Pauls teaching are wrong they are mostly accepted Words of God and will bring Life if you confess them in your Prayers and Jesus Spirit will acknowledge these word and Move on the Lords will and bless

Old 08-29-2010, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post

How could you think that I don't believe in Jesus being The Christ...??? I posted this link in response to the topic of Paul's epistles without any bias opinion. I do not quote from the epistles only to avoid conflicting assertions. I know that these letters were not part of the scriptures...thus, the title..."The Epistles". From these come the never ending contentions among believers. I only use the Old Testament, the four Gospels, the book of acts, and the book of Revelation in sharing.

I believe without any shadow of doubt that The Christ Jesus is the sinless man whom God's Spirit chose to manifest in the flesh...for only the Creator could give this kind of unconditional love for his creation.

Peace!
I was having trouble following the whole thread. And I don't know you well enough to know that you do not read/quote from Paul's writings. I have heard this discussion about Paul many times. I normally avoid it. But may I just say, while I don't abide every word written by Paul, I would not part with the book of Romans which I find crucial to explaining the sovereignty of God. It is among my favorite books and I consider it part of the New Testament. There are a good number of books in the Old Testament that I would easily throw out - but since that is not the topic of the OP, I will not name them here.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Well at least your idea is novel, which more than I can say about 99% of the "Bible is Bull" stuff on this board. First time I heard that one.

But one problem.

You offered nothing more than your opinion. Next time offer a few links, even ones from anti-theist sites are better than nothing.

With that said, I contend you are wrong.

Read this:

Did Jesus and Paul teach the same thing? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry
Never thought I'd say it, but I actually appreciate this page on CARM.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:30 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,004,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
So much contradictions between Pauls teachings and that of Jesus in the bible.
There are not contradictions between Paul's teachings and that of Jesus. There are different administrations. Christ was commissioned but for the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Paul was commissioned as the apostle for the nations. What is for Israel is not for the nations and vice versa.

It's not that difficult.

Rom 15:16 for me to be the minister of Christ Jesus for the nations, acting as a priest of the evangel of God, that the approach present of the nations may be becoming well received, having been hallowed by holy spirit."

Gal 2:9 and, knowing the grace which is being given to me, James and Cephas and John, who are supposed to be pillars, give to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we, indeed, are to be for the nations, yet they for the Circumcision-"

Old 08-29-2010, 07:05 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,588,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I was having trouble following the whole thread. And I don't know you well enough to know that you do not read/quote from Paul's writings. I have heard this discussion about Paul many times. I normally avoid it. But may I just say, while I don't abide every word written by Paul, I would not part with the book of Romans which I find crucial to explaining the sovereignty of God. It is among my favorite books and I consider it part of the New Testament. There are a good number of books in the Old Testament that I would easily throw out - but since that is not the topic of the OP, I will not name them here.
I have read all of the epistles, including Paul's thirteen...it's just that I do not quote them to avoid contention. With prayer for understanding...I usually bind a passage from the NT with 2 to 3 supportive writings from different books...mostly the Pentateuch, Psalms/Proverbs, and the Prophets. This is my way of discerning what to me is truth.

I too have reservations with some books in the old testament, but that would be for another time and another thread.

Peace!

Old 08-29-2010, 07:14 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,573,644 times
Because Jesus was THE Christ, and Paul was a church administrator.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:25 AM

783 posts, read 816,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Because Jesus was THE Christ, and Paul was a church administrator.
I Agree the Church has very little to do with the Christ and trough following church teachings the message of Christ has been perverted and corrupted into intolerance and bigotry and that perversion and corruption continues today espacially amongst fundamentalist and evanglical churches that are primarly following Paul and his epistles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity