Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 09:53 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,241,313 times

Advertisements

It seems like many of the rapture obsessed long for the day the "bad people" will be put through hell on earth. Why do they long so much for the violence, murders, beheadings, wars, and misery that they say will happen in the tribulation?

It seems very selfish to long for their personal joy knowing that billions will suffer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 10:33 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,038,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
It seems like many of the rapture obsessed long for the day the "bad people" will be put through hell on earth. Why do they long so much for the violence, murders, beheadings, wars, and misery that they say will happen in the tribulation?

It seems very selfish to long for their personal joy knowing that billions will suffer.
For myself, I don't use the word 'rapture'. But I do long for the 2nd coming of Christ. Not because I wish for people to suffer, but in order to stop all the suffering. I hope that it is a very instantaneous and unexpected event that truly happens in the twinkling of an eye. And even for those who are not ready to meet Christ, I do still hope for it in order to cut off all the violence that is in the earth. That's the way I see it and hope for it - as an end to the suffering of Adam's race.

Now for those who believe that everyone who is not ready is going to be instantly cast into a place of eternal torment at the time of Jesus' 2nd Coming - I could not even imagine why they would be desiring such a thing other than that they are both deceived and still wicked themselves.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:53 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,633,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
as an end to the suffering of Adam's race.

That's it!!! Not the destruction of Adam's race (per-se') but the restoration to paradise *(and with a new appreciation for that paradise).

Old 08-28-2010, 10:54 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,241,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
That's it!!! Not the destruction of Adam's race (per-se') but the restoration to paradise *(and with a new appreciation for that paradise).
I can how some of the URs can feel that way but the trib crowd is more wha I am talking about.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:09 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,055,984 times
Quote:

What I don't understand is what about all the good people who simply don't believe in the Christian version of G-d but do believe in G-d?

Good people who work hard, worship G-d, do good works and make this world a better place.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:18 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,207,854 times
Quote:

Old 08-29-2010, 01:38 AM

454 posts, read 499,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
What I don't understand is what about all the good people who simply don't believe in the Christian version of G-d but do believe in G-d?

Good people who work hard, worship G-d, do good works and make this world a better place.
James 2:19
[19] Thou believest that there isone God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Isaiah 64:6
[6] But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are asfilthyrags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:39 AM

454 posts, read 499,488 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
For myself, I don't use the word 'rapture'. But I do long for the 2nd coming of Christ. Not because I wish for people to suffer, but in order to stop all the suffering. I hope that it is a very instantaneous and unexpected event that truly happens in the twinkling of an eye. And even for those who are not ready to meet Christ, I do still hope for it in order to cut off all the violence that is in the earth. That's the way I see it and hope for it - as an end to the suffering of Adam's race.

Now for those who believe that everyone who is not ready is going to be instantly cast into a place of eternal torment at the time of Jesus' 2nd Coming - I could not even imagine why they would be desiring such a thing other than that they are both deceived and still wicked themselves.
Quote:
Amos 5:18-20
[18] Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.
[19] As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.
[20] Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?

Old 08-29-2010, 03:58 AM

910 posts, read 1,341,716 times
Quote:

Well, it is indoctrination, I would not go as far as say selfishness. The Shepards have led the sheep astray, that is the problem with the orld. It is disheartning to see Christians believe and wallow in a flse doctrine. Our Lord Jesus the Christ in his life time prayed for the Kingdom of Heaven to manifest on earth. How can that process involve rapture? When you hear a "Christian" talk about rapture etc, you know instantly that he lacks the light of God and he has been led astray by his Shepard. Have pity and mercy on such lost souls!

Old 08-29-2010, 04:44 AM

701 posts, read 802,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post

At one of the most chaotic times in Israel's history, the Bible tells us that it was because "each man did that which was right in his own eyes." this world is full of those who seek to be the ones that set the barometer of what is right and wrong. Too many people like to keep God at a distance and feel that as long as they hold to Man's barometer of right/wrong then how can fault be found in them, however the problem is our fellow man is not the one who we are ultimately accountable to. God is the one who will be the final Judge and therefore it is His view of right/wrong that we need to pay attention to. He has stated quite clearly in scripture that salvation is through His son Christ alone. It doesn't matter how good someone thinks they are if they choose to reject Christ and live life according to what is "good" for them. Ultimately it is between that person and God. God knows the heart of every person and He knows whether a person had the opportunity to get to know His Son, and if they did, their true reasons for rejecting Him. It is not the Christians place to judge or condemn, only to share the good news about Christ.

Last edited by HalfNelson; 08-29-2010 at 04:45 AM.. Reason: grammer correction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity