Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 10:33 AM

723 posts, read 1,045,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I know two from the scriptures(Paul & Silas) that said it was a yoke that neither of them or their forefathers were able to keep. Jesus said MY yoke was easy for a reason, obviously the yoke that was former wasn't and it produced death in us too.

Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law of Moses.”
now, therefore, why do ye tempt God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?Acts 15 :5&10

My yoke is easy Matt 11:28

I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death.Romans 7:10

By the way marriage is not a law it's union. I and the Father are One.
pcamps, long time no disagree!! LOL

You are correct!! Marriage is a union. And God gives us INSTRUCTION (not law) on how to enter into that UNION. Funny you bring up the verse ROMANS 7:10 the commandment that was supposed to bring life but actually brought death...... The preceding & following verses continued....

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8. But sin taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscense. For without the law sin was dead.
9. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
10. And the commandment which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
11. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
12. Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
13. Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

So you see, it's not the law itself that is to be declared sinful nor is His Holy Law to be seen as the fault in this "DEATH" In fact, God forbids it (highlighted in red) to be so!!! The sabbath commandment was made for us to build an intimate relationship with God based on LOVE. In the new covenant the law was written in our hearts and our minds!! If you continue reading Romans Chapter 7 it says that there is ANOTHER law.

ROMANS 7:23
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

The "LAW OF SIN" is what brings about this death, not God's holy, just, and good law!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
In short, I was saying that the 7th Day Adventists think that because they supposedly keep all of the law perfectly that that proves they are the TRUE church. What I see in the denomination is legalism and boasting. There is a form of pride involved, but it is subtle. It seems that hardest thing for God is to convince man that Salvation is by GRACE alone. There is something in man that just wants a little bit if credit for having done something for the gift of God, as if man wants to prove to God that he is just a tiny bit better than the next guy. Sorry I didn't see this post back when it was posted. I sometimes go away and threads slip away and I do not realize someone is waiting for a response.
No problem I've done it also!! You say there is something in man that just wants a little bit of credit for having done something for the gift of God, but I say that depends on the individual. No man can keep God's holy law!! That's the theme correct?? What is his Holy Spirit dwelling in us for?? I guess I am saying; What is the purpose?? I believe his Holy Spirit is our guide to walk without sin as Jesus walked!!

John 16:13
"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 04-08-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
D A L E ! ! ! Wow...welcome back!!! Woo-Hoo! \o/...a long lost friend is back!!!! Yea!!!

God Bless you! Love you!
Verna.
I am only back as much as time allows!!! LOL

LOVE YOU & GOD BLESS YOU TOO!!!

DALE

Old 04-08-2011, 05:27 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
pcamps, long time no disagree!! LOL

You are correct!! Marriage is a union. And God gives us INSTRUCTION (not law) on how to enter into that UNION. Funny you bring up the verse ROMANS 7:10 the commandment that was supposed to bring life but actually brought death...... The preceding & following verses continued....

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8. But sin taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscense. For without the law sin was dead.
9. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
10. And the commandment which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
11. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
12. Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
13. Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

So you see, it's not the law itself that is to be declared sinful nor is His Holy Law to be seen as the fault in this "DEATH" In fact, God forbids it (highlighted in red) to be so!!! The sabbath commandment was made for us to build an intimate relationship with God based on LOVE. In the new covenant the law was written in our hearts and our minds!! If you continue reading Romans Chapter 7 it says that there is ANOTHER law.

ROMANS 7:23
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

The "LAW OF SIN" is what brings about this death, not God's holy, just, and good law!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Hey Dale hope all is well with you and your family.

Good to see you posting again,even if it as time allows.

I am not saying the Law is bad, far from it,but the Law of Moses put a yoke upon our necks that we nor any other have been able to bear, you cannot possibly argue with that, the Acts 15 verses i quoted bear this out.

Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law of Moses.”
now, therefore, why do ye tempt God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?Acts 15 :5&10

When we are teaching the law we are tempting God.

The Law served it's purpose, it put us to death,by sin becoming exceedingly sinful in us, that the whole world became guilty before God.It was a schoolmaster to bring us to Christ.

Which ever way you look at Dale, LOVE IS, Love doesn't obey it just IS.Love IS God, God does not obey HE IS.Love IS the fulfillment of the Law, trying to keep it isn't, and it has never been possible to fulfull the law by trying too.

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Romans3:19 Did you catch that Dale, the Law speaks to those under the Law

Grace and truth that came through Jesus Christ.John 1:17, Jesus Christ the grace of God speaks to those under grace........ What then? Shall we sin because WE ARE NOT under law but under grace?

Jesus Christ IS the fulfillment of the Law. He IS Love .

Last edited by pcamps; 04-08-2011 at 05:54 PM..

Old 04-08-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hey Dale hope all is well with you and your family.

Good to see you posting again,even if it as time allows.

I am not saying the Law is bad, far from it,but the Law of Moses put a yoke upon our necks that we nor any other have been able to bear, you cannot possibly argue with that, the Acts 15 verses i quoted bear this out.

When we are teaching the law we are tempting God.

The Law served it's purpose, it put us to death,by sin becoming exceedingly sinful in us, that the whole world became guilty before God.It was a schoolmaster to bring us to Christ.

Which ever way you look at Dale, LOVE IS, Love doesn't obey it just IS.Love IS God, God does not obey HE IS.Love IS the fulfillment of the Law, trying to keep it isn't, and it has never been possible to fulfull the law by trying too.

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Romans3:19 Did you catch that Dale, the Law speaks to those under the Law

Grace and truth that came through Jesus Christ.John 1:17, Jesus Christ the grace of God speaks to those under grace........ What then? Shall we sin because WE ARE NOT under law but under grace?

Jesus Christ IS the fulfillment of the Law. He IS Love .

Thank You, pcamps. The family is doing well...... for now.

I'm pretty sure we've had this debate before..... .....

When Moses went to Mt. Sinai and returned with the ten commandments, was the Mosaic law no longer needed? No, it actually went hand in hand with them. Well the 2 commands that Jesus gave too go hand in hand with the ten. But one thing I think needs to be made clear is that I believe that the Mosaic law and the ten commands are two SEPARATE laws......

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 04-09-2011, 05:26 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Thank You, pcamps. The family is doing well...... for now.

I'm pretty sure we've had this debate before..... .....

When Moses went to Mt. Sinai and returned with the ten commandments, was the Mosaic law no longer needed? No, it actually went hand in hand with them. Well the 2 commands that Jesus gave too go hand in hand with the ten. But one thing I think needs to be made clear is that I believe that the Mosaic law and the ten commands are two SEPARATE laws......

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Yes i think this has been debated before Dale. The thing is Jesus did not seperate the Law of Moses. I agree the law is good,but unfortunately the law found us out for what we are,we were not only able to keep it, it condemned us everytime we attempted to and failed. This is the reason why i believe those who are following the law of Moses are living either self righteously or under condemnation,one justify's himself,the one living under condemnation is the one i believe who is receptive to the grace and truth that came through Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ who is the Love of God fulfiled the law by being Love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity