Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 12:16 AM

11 posts, read 21,920 times

Advertisements

If anyone here has investigated LDS or converted to LDS as an adult, if you'd be willing exchange a few DMs with me, I'd appreciate it.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:46 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,024,985 times
In your conversion to Lord Jesus Christ you must repent from sin and be Baptised in water then through the Baptism of Holy Spirit to be a true Christian, so if you get all that at the LDS Church then Be Blessed.......... The diffrence between the LDS and Catholic, and the Protestant type Churches is the addition of the Book of Morman and the Trinity denial Of One God who is the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit in belief to a three Gods type Character Of the Lord God and even other gods in the universe , Others diffrences is the forgivness of sins by grace alone to the LDS belief of cooperative effort with God through obedieant to God brings forgivness, watering down The cross of Christ.. The other diffrence is the belief that Jesus rose from the dead physicaly at the cross which rejects the ressurection of Jesus Christ........... BUT all in all if You receive the Baptism of Holy Spirit and get cleaned of the sins of the world then that is true Christ

Old 09-11-2010, 05:51 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,627,655 times
I don't think you're going to find any conversions to Mormonism on this board, none that I know of. But there are Mormons here like Katzpur who have been Mormons all of their lives.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:51 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times
Great for investigation. Heart of the Matter with Shawn McCraney

Old 09-11-2010, 09:29 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In your conversion to Lord Jesus Christ you must repent from sin and be Baptised in water then through the Baptism of Holy Spirit to be a true Christian, so if you get all that at the LDS Church then Be Blessed.......... The diffrence between the LDS and Catholic, and the Protestant type Churches is the addition of the Book of Morman and the Trinity denial Of One God who is the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit in belief to a three Gods type Character Of the Lord God and even other gods in the universe , Others diffrences is the forgivness of sins by grace alone to the LDS belief of cooperative effort with God through obedieant to God brings forgivness, watering down The cross of Christ.. The other diffrence is the belief that Jesus rose from the dead physicaly at the cross which rejects the ressurection of Jesus Christ........... BUT all in all if You receive the Baptism of Holy Spirit and get cleaned of the sins of the world then that is true Christ
I'm just going to say, right off the bat, that while I don't sense any real animosity in your post, you really don't have a particularly good understanding of LDS doctrine. Some of your statements are reasonably accurate, most are inaccurate to some degree (probably just due to a misunderstanding) and one is absolutely false. You're entitled to your own opinion, but before you form it, you should know that incomplete information is probably going to result in a different conclusion than complete information.

Here is the one statement that is 100% false:

Quote:
The other diffrence is the belief that Jesus rose from the dead physicaly at the cross which rejects the ressurection of Jesus Christ.
I don't know where on earth you came up with that one. I thought I'd heard every last one of the criticisms directed at the Church, but you came up with a completely new one. There is not one ounce of truth in that statement.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:40 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Hilgi, I'm surprised at you and pretty disappointed. Seriously, I never thought I'd see you post something like this. At any rate, I watched the video for awhile, but it was an hour long, for crying out loud. I can't imagine anybody sitting through the whole thing.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:13 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
{mod][/mod]

The op did not ask for an open debate or discussion..They asked for private dm's.Therefore this thread is closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity