Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 10:49 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Among other names by which God is called, individually, the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit is Jehovah -Yaweh. Each of the three individually is called by that name. The plural name is Elohim. The name of the humanity of Christ is Jesus. It is not the name of His deity.
Also: since the name of Jesus is above every other name: then the name of Jesus is the name of His deity.

Those who call upon the name of the Lord...shall be saved. Those who call upon the name of God shall be saved. Same thing.

No other name under the heavens for which men are to call upon to be saved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 11:26 AM

33,253 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Then explain why the disciples did not baptize in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost, but baptized in the name of Jesus. They were commanded to and yet only in the name of Jesus were they baptizing in.
Baptizing in the name of Jesus fulfilled the command of Matthew 28:19 to baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, because while the name 'Jesus' is the name of the humanity of Christ, the Person of Jesus reveals the entire Godhead. The expression "in the name of" actually means ''by the authority of,'' ''by the power of,'' ''on behalf of.'' It is an expression showing that one individual is acting as the representative of another, acting in accordance with his will and instructions, by his authority. The will or authority of the three members of the Godhead is exactly the same, for they are completely in harmony and united in will, and in their essence, their nature, they are co-equal and co-eternal. With regard to their plan, each assumed the role agreed upon to carry out that plan.

Quote:
Again, I say this: whenever anyone honours or worship the Holy Spirit, trouble can come at the service.

I have a brother that had believed the way I do until such a time when he was in a church in India when that church decided to honour the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. This was the gist of his testimony:

He was praying when all of a sudden, what felt like liquid nitrogen seeping through his skull, the brother found himself confessing against his will an apology to the Holy Spirit for not believing that "he" operated in this manner.

It did not matter when I pointed out to him that they were not supposed to honour the Holy Spirit because the indwelling Holy Spirit seeks to lead us into honouring the Son.

It did not matter that I pointed out that God would prefer a willing confession: and not a forced one.

It did not matter that I pointed this scriptures out to him.

1 Corinthians 14: 32And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Because they addressed the Holy Spirit in worship to honour the Holy Spirit, to his mind, that had to be the Holy Spirit.

That is how the holy laughter movement went nationwide in 1994 across all the denomenations: and not just streamlined Pentecostal/ Charismatic anymore. Everybody just went with it. They call on the name of the Holy Spirit to come and they had other manifestations as well.

So ask yourself this and discern by His grace: how can this lump be so strong in all the denomenations? What little leaven exists in all the denomenations that could allow this lump to occur?

Worshipping and honouring the Holy Spirit...thanks to the Nicene creed which I should point out was done in ecumenical format, gathering grapes of thorns and figs of thistles with the RCC. Then you have unscriptural hymnals singling out the Holy Spirit in worship and not just having a verse dedicated to Him.

There you have the leaven that leavens into the whole lump.

When these phenomenon occurs when they honour the Holy Spirit and worship the Holy Spirit, you would have a hard time convincing any of them that it is not of the Lord. What would be more exasperating for you is that they would declare that they only call on the name of the Holy Spirit for these phenomenon to occur and yet you would insist that this is not of God.

Answer the question, Mike. Why would God allow these phenomenons to occur when they were only addressing and calling on the Holy Spirit?

I say to you that they were not supposed to be addressing nor honouring the Holy Spirit in the worship service in the first place. We, that are led by the Spirit of God, are to be seeking to honour the Son by testifying of Him in seeking His glory and thereby the glory of God the Father.

Your way.. the broad way...allows apostasies...idiocies to occur.
And again, because He is God, the Holy Spirit is worthy of worship. The fact that there are people who distort the worship of the Holy Spirit into holy roller activity is no excuse for not honoring the Holy Spirit as God. Each Person of the Godhead has His role in God's plan for man, and that is to be taught and learned and is a part of worship. As I said, the highest form of worship is learning the word of God. And by sheer reason of His deity, He is to be accorded the honor He is due.

Quote:
In spite of Matthew 6:7-8 and 1 Timothy 2:5, you still get hung up over Romans 8:26-27?

I'm not going to argue the point since you are not seeing the error, but you will have a hard time reproving the use of tongues as a prayer language which is gibberishness when they can point to that verse and say "See?"
I haven't gotten hung up over anything. There is no error in the way that the NASB renders Romans 8:26-27. I have told you twice now what the passage means. It does not in any way contradict 1 Tim 2:5 or Matthew 6:7-8. Or any other verse.

Look. You obviously are not going to listen to anyone, and so I am not going to spend any more time on this. But to deny that as God, the Holy Spirit is not entitled to the same worship as the Father and the Son is ridiculous. And blasphemous.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
But to deny that as God, the Holy Spirit is not entitled to the same worship as the Father and the Son is ridiculous. And blasphemous.
And yet nowhere in scriptures does it say that the Holy Spirit is to be worshipped with the Father and the Son, and further still, the Holy Spirit does not seek to be honoured nor worshipped because He is sent to speak not of himself, but to testify of the Son in seeking the glory of the Son and those that are led by the Spirit of God will do the same thing. John 16:13-15 & John 15:26-27

You cannot explain the absence of the Holy Spirit in honouring God the Father in John 5:22-23.

You cannot explain the absence of the glorifying of the Holy Spirit with the Father and the Son in John 13:31-32 & John 17:1-5.

But yet you assume that because the Holy Spirit is God, then the Holy Spirit is another way to approach God the Father in worship, disobeying the commandment of His invitation in John 14:6....and not having the mind of Christ when it is the name of Jesus that is above every other name to the glory of God the Father: Philippians 2:5-11

Old 09-26-2010, 03:20 PM

33,253 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
And yet nowhere in scriptures does it say that the Holy Spirit is to be worshipped with the Father and the Son, and further still, the Holy Spirit does not seek to be honoured nor worshipped because He is sent to speak not of himself, but to testify of the Son in seeking the glory of the Son and those that are led by the Spirit of God will do the same thing. John 16:13-15 & John 15:26-27

You cannot explain the absence of the Holy Spirit in honouring God the Father in John 5:22-23.

You cannot explain the absence of the glorifying of the Holy Spirit with the Father and the Son in John 13:31-32 & John 17:1-5.

But yet you assume that because the Holy Spirit is God, then the Holy Spirit is another way to approach God the Father in worship, disobeying the commandment of His invitation in John 14:6....and not having the mind of Christ when it is the name of Jesus that is above every other name to the glory of God the Father: Philippians 2:5-11
Don't make assumptions about what I said. I said what I said. God is to be worshiped. The Holy Spirit is God. He is worthy of worship. Regardless of His role in their plan concerning man, the Holy Spirit is worthy of the same honor, respect, worship as the other two members of the triniity. Again, I am not spending any more time on this.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Don't make assumptions about what I said. I said what I said. God is to be worshiped. The Holy Spirit is God. He is worthy of worship. Regardless of His role in their plan concerning man, the Holy Spirit is worthy of the same honor, respect, worship as the other two members of the triniity. Again, I am not spending any more time on this.
It is HOW one comes to God the Father in worship that is the will of God.

The fact that what you call idiocy occurs whenever they widen the way in worship service to include the Holy Spirit.

They do not have to be holy rollers for the phenomenon to occur as the event of the "holy laughter" movement proved in 1994 when it broke down the walls of every denomenations across this nation as reported by the 700 Club. It was no longer a streamlined Pentecostal/ Charismatic event.

It is by what you are defending.. is the broadening of the way for these events to occur, creating these holy rollers' atmosphere in the worship service to appear....in any denomenation: Catholic and Protestant.

You are free not to spend any more time on this, because the rebuttal is the same. Jesus warned believers not to suffer a thief to break through, and the rudiment of "spirit worship" which is of the world is the means by which a thief can break through. That is why Jesus said what He did about how we are to come to the Ftaher and that is by way of the Son. John 14:6 In worship and in prayer, Jesus is the only access to God the Father for believers to stand apart from the world.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:48 AM

409 posts, read 399,623 times
Quote:
You missed this reference to Jesus being God. This is the mind of Christ that we believers are supposed to have.

Philippians 2: 5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

There are other references to Jesus being God: but this should suffice.
Being in the form of God clearly proves that he is not God.

Being equal to God doesn't make him God either and he stated that God is greater.

Who exalted him and give him that name? God his Father who is greater than him.

To whose Glory? God the father who is greater than his Son.

No amont of scripture will convince me because I have read too many supporting the fact that Jesus is indeed God's Son as God's word has stated many times. They are certainly in union with one another as they are in agreement but that is it. They are not the same person. Jesus has a beginning as to where God does not.

Of course we all choose what to believe and God knows we want proof and that's why he says to search for him while he can still be found. It means everlasting life, us taking in knowledge of God and of the one whom he sent forth Jesus Christ.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:47 AM

595 posts, read 762,204 times
Quote:
How can you honour and be reverence to his presence without praising, worshipping, nor glorifying the Holy Spirit?

How can praising, worshipping, and glorifying the Holy Spirit is not seen as honouring and reverencing the presence of the Holy Spirit?

Since the Holy Spirit dwells within us as promised for all believers in Jesus Christ: how can there be any "withdrawing of the Holy Spirit".

The Holy Spirit will never be in the worship place since He dwells within us. Only other spirits in the world would seek to be felt in the worship place to take the eyes of the believers' off of Jesus Christ in fellowship and worship.

The line of discernment has been given for believers to test the spirits: "greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world."

Even manifestations of the Spirit are to bring about this good report.

1 Coirinthians 14: 24But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: 25And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

So the danger here is when believers start saying that the Holy Spirit is in the worship place:

1 John 4:3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 Corinthians 13: 5Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Matthew 24:23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25Behold, I have told you before. 26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

The Holy Spirit does not need to be felt in the worship place for He dwells within us as promised for all those that come to Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 5: 19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

That is why the Holy Spirit within us is still pointing us to relate to God the Father through the Son, and be chaste in our relationship with the Bridegroom as we are the to be the bride. This is so that we shall not have our eyes taken off of Jesus by any false prophet or false spirit masquerading as the Holy Spirit in the spotlight of the worshiup service.

Keeping our eyes on Jesus proves we are listening to the Holy Spirit within us as we seek to testify of the Son in the hopes of to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ Whose name is above every other name to the glory of God the Father: meaning: God is not glorified nor honoured by any other way.

Those having this mind of Christ are led by the Spirit of God to worship God the Father IN spirit and IN truth in the name of Jesus Christ.

Colossians 3:16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Amen Lord!

Romans 8:9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.
1 Peter 1:11
trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.
Mark 3:29
But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin."
Do we say that the Holy Spirit is not equal to praise or God?
John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."
I will never leave thee nor forsake thee. The Holy Spirit is God's presence and His power upon the earth. Christ-a life-giving spirit.
1 Corinthians 12:4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1 Corinthians 12:8
To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit
1 Corinthians 12:9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit,
1 Corinthians 12:11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.
2 Corinthians 4:13
It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken." [ Psalm 116:10] With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak
Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in [ Or into; see Acts 8:16; 19:5; Romans 6:3; 1 Cor. 1:13; 10:2 and Gal. 3:27.] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,(This is praise to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit)

Example....The Spirit within me enables me to do all things in Christ. ( This acknowledges the Spirit is doing the work, this is praise to the Holy Spirit)
The Holy Spirit is the presence of the Holiness of God working. God's Holy Essence given to us, a gift. Not part, the whole of Him.

Fullness of God in Christ to us.
Colossians 2:
9For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority. which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

Ephesians 3:19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Ephesians 4:13
until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
Colossians 1:19
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,

We have not recieved "part" of God. We have recieved "all" of God.

God Bless,
Mercy
P.S. Another thread could be..."What is praise and worship?"

Last edited by mercy777; 09-28-2010 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: errors, adding

Old 09-28-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
Being in the form of God clearly proves that he is not God.

Being equal to God doesn't make him God either and he stated that God is greater.

Who exalted him and give him that name? God his Father who is greater than him.

To whose Glory? God the father who is greater than his Son.
And yet they are One but it is the name of Jesus that is the One that is above every other name.

How is it that God the Father cannot be honoured nor glorified unless by honouring and glorifying the Son? John 5:22-23 & John 13:31-32 & John 17:1-5

Quote:
No amont of scripture will convince me because I have read too many supporting the fact that Jesus is indeed God's Son as God's word has stated many times. They are certainly in union with one another as they are in agreement but that is it. They are not the same person. Jesus has a beginning as to where God does not.
Hey, brother. You should know the consequences of that belief.

John 8: 23And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Try these scriptures on for reproofs of that errant belief.

Revelation 1: 17And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Isaiah 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

So how can Jesus have a beginning?

John 1: 1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made..... 14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So Jesus was there at the beginning of creation when God spoke in the plural sense for the act of creation and then performed the act of creation in the singular.

Genesis 1: 26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Both Jesus and the Father share the same hand in salvation.

Isaiah 43:13Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

John 10:27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30I and my Father are one.

Check out the state of His birth:

Isaiah 9:For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

God is the One able to blot out transgressions.

Isaiah 43:25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.....If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

God will not share His glory with any other.

Deuteronomy 4:35Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him.

Isaiah 45:21Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Hosea 13:4Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

2 Peter 1:1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Jude 1:25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Thus the only way Jesus can be at the right hand of God the Father is that they are One.

Quote:
Of course we all choose what to believe and God knows we want proof and that's why he says to search for him while he can still be found. It means everlasting life, us taking in knowledge of God and of the one whom he sent forth Jesus Christ.
What we believe should be contingent on leaning on the Lord Jesus Christ for the wisdom of His words. Trust Him to give you discernment on this.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
Amen Lord!

We have not recieved "part" of God. We have recieved "all" of God.

Amen. That is why believers can rest in Jesus Christ when they came to Him.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:30 AM

409 posts, read 399,623 times
Quote:
And yet they are One but it is the name of Jesus that is the One that is above every other name.

How is it that God the Father cannot be honoured nor glorified unless by honouring and glorifying the Son? John 5:22-23 & John 13:31-32 & John 17:1-5

Hey, brother. You should know the consequences of that belief.

John 8: 23And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Try these scriptures on for reproofs of that errant belief.

Revelation 1: 17And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Isaiah 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

So how can Jesus have a beginning?

John 1: 1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made..... 14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So Jesus was there at the beginning of creation when God spoke in the plural sense for the act of creation and then performed the act of creation in the singular.

Genesis 1: 26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Both Jesus and the Father share the same hand in salvation.

Isaiah 43:13Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

John 10:27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30I and my Father are one.

Check out the state of His birth:

Isaiah 9:For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

God is the One able to blot out transgressions.

Isaiah 43:25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.....If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

God will not share His glory with any other.

Deuteronomy 4:35Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him.

Isaiah 45:21Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Hosea 13:4Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

2 Peter 1:1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Jude 1:25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Thus the only way Jesus can be at the right hand of God the Father is that they are One.

What we believe should be contingent on leaning on the Lord Jesus Christ for the wisdom of His words. Trust Him to give you discernment on this.
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]Psalms 83:18 (King James Version)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]18[/SIZE]That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

Matthew 6:9

[SIZE=2]9[/SIZE]After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Luke 1:35 (American Standard Version)

[SIZE=2]35[/SIZE] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Most High shall overshadow thee: wherefore also the holy thing which is begotten shall be called the Son of God.

Luke 9:35

[SIZE=2]35[/SIZE]And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Matthew 3:16-17

[SIZE=2]16[/SIZE]And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
[SIZE=2]17[/SIZE]And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

John 10:25

[SIZE=2]25[/SIZE]Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

John 17:11-12

[SIZE=2]11[/SIZE]And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
[SIZE=2]12[/SIZE]While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

John 17:26

[SIZE=2]26[/SIZE]And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

John 3:35

[SIZE=2]35[/SIZE]The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

John 7:16

[SIZE=2]16[/SIZE]Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

[/SIZE][SIZE=3]John 14:28[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]28[/SIZE]Ye have heard how I said unto you, `I go away and come again unto you.' If ye loved Me, ye would rejoice because I said, `I go unto the Father,' for My Father is greater than I.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Colossians 1:15[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [SIZE=2]15[/SIZE]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]John 3:16

[SIZE=2]16[/SIZE]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]Luke 22:42[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]42[/SIZE]saying, "Father, if Thou be willing, remove this cup from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Thine be done."[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Acts 3: 13[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]13[/SIZE]The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE] [SIZE=3]
Hebrews 9:24

[SIZE=2]24[/SIZE]For Christ has not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into Heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us.

1 Timothy 2:5

[SIZE=2]5[/SIZE]For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Matthew 24:3

[SIZE=2]3[/SIZE]And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Matthew 24:44

[SIZE=2]44[/SIZE]Always be ready! You don't know when the Son of Man will come.

[SIZE=3]Mark 13:32[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]32[/SIZE]But of that day and that hour knoweth no man -- no, not the angels who are in Heaven, neither the Son, but only the Father.[/SIZE]

1 Corinthians 15: 27-28 (Contemporary English Version)

[SIZE=2]27[/SIZE]When the Scriptures say that he will put everything under his power, they don't include God. It was God who put everything under the power of Christ. [SIZE=2]28[/SIZE]After everything is under the power of God's Son, he will put himself under the power of God, who put everything under his Son's power. Then God will mean everything to everyone.

Colossians 1:13-15 (Contemporary English Version)

[SIZE=2]13[/SIZE]God rescued us from the dark power of Satan and brought us into the kingdom of his dear Son,
[SIZE=2]14[/SIZE]who forgives our sins and sets us free.
[SIZE=2]15[/SIZE]Christ is exactly like God,
who cannot be seen.
He is the first-born Son, superior to all creation.

[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity