Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2010, 07:50 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,983 times

Advertisements

Forgive me if this is already a thread but thought this post would be inspirational for everyone to share their personal stories of how God has affected their lives...

About 5 years ago I had jury duty, I was late and also got a flat tire but I know now that it was to share this amazing story. When I finally got to the waiting room there were two men in front of me talking about God. Within a 30 minute window that 2 man group expanded to over 15 people sharing their personal stories. There is one I will never forgot...

He was in his late 40's and many years ago was a guitarist for a famous Texas band (forgot the name). They were traveling all over the state and on the way to their next stop he was thinking how empty his life felt (he was doing drugs and sleeping around) and how he wished he was closer to God. He said he prayed for the closeness he use to have and really missed going to church. Well, the bus pulled into a gas station to fill up, within 5 minutes a tiny beat up Volkswagon Beetle pulled up and this man got out and climb onto the bus. He said "Is there someone here that needs to go to church?" The band member was stunned (as well as all his band mates!). He stood up and said "Yes, that would be me" and left with him in the Beetle. The stranger told him in the car that he was going down the street, heading to church, when God spoke to him and said "Pull over. There is someone on that bus that needs to go to church!"

Since then he quit the band and started a family. He said he's gotten the life he's always wanted and God has been there every step of the way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 02:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,910 times
Wow,
I must say that story is really Beautiful.
I really needed to hear that.
I was just going through something right now.
I even got in bed &&tried sleeping it off,
But all I could was cry so I came back to the computer
&&I looked up bible verses- When feeling too hurt to pray
&&This website popped up. (I been trying to find the words to say to God, but I just didn't have the words) I ran into a lot of encouragement &&this story right here jusy reminded me of
Just how close to home God really is.
I know He brough me to this story for a reason.
Thank you for sharing this story.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:15 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Faith is a wonderful way to see and feel God's healing Love...

Old 09-19-2010, 07:47 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,543,609 times
About eight years ago my family and I had just moved to the Sierras. I took a job that that had to do with working with abused children and their parents. It turned out to be the job from hell. I was stuck. I couldn't just quit and moving back to Ukiah was out of the question.

I prayed a lot and after two months I developed a deep peace.

A week or two later I had this dream. In the dream my boss called me into her office and said that the director was wondering if I was interested in transfering into a position in the adult section to work with elderly people (and have pleasent job). I said yes! I then woke up. It was 3AM.

At 11AM that same day, my boss called me into her office and said that the director was wondering if I was interested in transfering into a position in the adult section.......... I said yes.

That was the only prophetic dream I ever had.

God is so good!

Old 09-19-2010, 07:54 AM

30 posts, read 23,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *AStarInGodsEyes* View Post
Wow,
I must say that story is really Beautiful.
I really needed to hear that.
I was just going through something right now.
I even got in bed &&tried sleeping it off,
But all I could was cry so I came back to the computer
&&I looked up bible verses- When feeling too hurt to pray
&&This website popped up. (I been trying to find the words to say to God, but I just didn't have the words) I ran into a lot of encouragement &&this story right here jusy reminded me of
Just how close to home God really is.
I know He brough me to this story for a reason.
Thank you for sharing this story.
We should never tell god how big our problems are .. we must tell our problems how big our God is
bless.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:26 AM

33 posts, read 40,395 times
I give God the glory. Many years ago I accompanied my brother to an accredited nursing school in downtown San Antonio that he was considering in his quest for a career. Upon arrival we were greeted at the welcome center by smiling faces, and directed to the elevator for his appointment on the second floor. As we waited for the elevator doors to open up I began hearing a very deep sound as if it was from far away, and when the elevator doors opened up the sound grew somewhat louder, and I got a bit dizzy. My brother touched my shoulder and asked if I was OK, and when I looked up at him I saw heat rising from off the top of his head. Suddenly I became very nauseous and fell into a brief trance. I saw people on the elevator as it dropped from the second floor. I shook my head and looked into my brother's now very concerned face, and I still saw heat rising from off the top of his head. Mind you we were in a somewhat air-conditioned building, but it was 105 degrees in downtown San Antonio that day, so after everything I saw I knew for sure I was not going to let my brother on that elevator. We took the stairs. After we got home I turned on the T.V. only to hear on the news how several people including a pregnant women were injured when the elevator dropped two floors at a nursing school. I Became very nauseated and felt such overwhelming guilt for not saying anything to anyone at that school about what I knew that God had showed me. My brother was stunned and kept going on about how I saved us, but I knew differently. When God gives us an opportunity to help people, our actions will determine a fruitful, or a pitiful outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity