Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Must one be born again in this life before they die in order to be saved?
Yes 11 45.83%
No 13 54.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 05:35 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,763,552 times

Advertisements

Do you believe that it is necessary to be born again in this life before you die in order to be saved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 05:52 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Millions have lived and died without ever having heard the gospel message. Millions more have lived in circumstances that would have essentially made conversion to Christianity next to impossible. What kind of a God would condemn people to an eternity in Hell for something over which they have no control?

Old 09-17-2010, 05:55 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,183,286 times
The creature was made subject to vanity - not by the will of man, and not for the purpose of torture - but by reason of hope. (Rom 8:20)

Old 09-17-2010, 08:13 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Not only do you not need to be born again in this life before you die . . . it is an impossibility!! To be born again . . . we MUST die and be reborn (born again) as Spirit. What is born as Spirit is Spirit . . . not flesh. What everyone who claims to be "born again" in this life of flesh means the phrase "Born of God" . . . which is "to be conceived" as in "begotten." We are "embryo Spirits" in our fleshy bodies when we are "Born of God" . . . not born again! Check your concordances and lexicons ("gennaō ek theos")

1 John 3:9 (King James Version)

9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God("gennaō ek theos")

There can be no "born again" while in our physical bodies

John 3:6-8 (King James Version)

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

I don't know very many people still in their bodies who are like the wind and "bloweth where it listeth" etc.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:58 PM

823 posts, read 1,402,106 times
I believe in judgement at death - but not final judgement. I believe that there will be opportunities to become at-one with God on the other side.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:47 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
Sure it is hard to turn 180 degrees from the world and thumb your nose at the pride nature and control of the devil and go call on the Lord Jesus , BUT Jesus has the power to help you go to him and is waiting for your call...... in Matthew 24:12-13.... ``and because iniquity shall abound the love of many shall wax cold.....but he that shall endure to the end , the same shall be saved``....

Old 09-18-2010, 07:33 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Do you believe that it is necessary to be born again in this life before you die in order to be saved?
To be born again means to transform your soul into a Divine Angel. We have to rid ourselves of the animal nature (flesh) and become Divine in nature (spirit). It's not impossible to do before death however, the majority die without being born again. Jesus was the first one to be born again in the Divine nature and He showed us how to do that. If He can do it, there is no excuse why anyone else can't.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:17 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
Default Know the topic, know the author, Know his material.

Jesus said ,writen of John 3;3,4,5,6,
Except a man is born again , he cannot see the kingdom of heaven, you must be born again. (paraphrased)
John 3;16,17,18,
condemnation rests on the world as a whole , believing Jesus ,is only ment for a select few.
Jesus said the way is narrow, He ment it, He provided the Holy Spirit to teach in His place and He did , and does all the time in those engulfed in this relationship with Jesus (not religion)
Rebirth is not something one discides on their own nor does joining a church or being baptized preform this mirical .
Like natural birth it is a process, impregnation , development, birth , growth.
Jesus observes the devotion of the individual. (His perspective, from with in) A desperately honest individual is a good candadate and He sends the Holy Spirit to visit. this is the test of influence not of men but of God.
You can not manufacture this, it is purely some thing God must perform.
When the mirical happens, it is as simple an event as waking up to a new day in a new life with hope and potential. The next phase is being emersed in the Holy spirit, which Jesus also does , this is the introduction of learning to listen to God , a primer. Many great thing fallow this as well as facing things we were afraid of before , realizing that you are not facing them alone any more.
I see the providence of God's watching over me all the time , and I endevor to listen to Him often. I lay my hands on sick and injured and they recover , God does it, not me. Their faith has something to do with it too.
Bottom line, Jesus is the author of the phrase ,"born again" see to His word , not men's twist to it.
You may not like the idea that all man is not capable of being saved because of a selectivity , but let me ask you this , would you invite all of mankind into your home and with your children and all your belongings ?

Old 09-18-2010, 12:16 PM

So then here is my question for all those who voted yes ...

Were the old testament saints born again before they died?

Was the penitent thief born again before he died?

How could the penitent thief and all those who died before Pentecost be born again when the holy spirit had not yet been sent to comfort believers?

Please explain ...

Old 09-18-2010, 06:40 PM

Doesn't anyone have an answer for my questions in my last post in this thread?

Anybody? ... Bueller? ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity