Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 04:51 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,347,608 times

Advertisements

No wonder God's Wrath begins at the House of God [Ezekiel 9.]

" ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Bishops of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America presided over a
St. Paul ceremony that officially received three openly lesbian pastors onto the denomination's roster. "

3 lesbian pastors join Lutheran roster in Minn. | Minneapolis and St. Paul | kare11.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 05:28 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
I think that's awesome! Equality for everyone!
I'm guessing you and I disagree. Oh well.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:45 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,347,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post

I think that's awesome! Equality for everyone!
I'm guessing you and I disagree. Oh well.

Moderator cut: delete

the capital sin that caused
God to give His own temple the death sentence was
temple sodomy... you see... people back in those days
were also confused... they mistook the temple of God
for the temple of baal.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-19-2010 at 07:50 PM..

Old 09-19-2010, 06:04 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
ELCA is not a Christian Church.
They are only Lutheran by name.
They are scattering and harming many people of faith.
And they will be held accountable for evil corrupt shepherds.

Therefore this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says to the shepherds who tend my people: "Because you have scattered my flock and driven them away and have not bestowed care on them, I will bestow punishment on you for the evil you have done," declares the LORD. Jeremiah 23:2

Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-19-2010 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 09-19-2010, 07:22 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post

No wonder God's Wrath begins at the House of God [Ezekiel 9.]

" ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Bishops of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America presided over a
St. Paul ceremony that officially received three openly lesbian pastors onto the denomination's roster. "

3 lesbian pastors join Lutheran roster in Minn. | Minneapolis and St. Paul | kare11.com

I neither condone homosexuality or condemn those who are homosexual, however i have a couple of questions.

Do you spend most of your time judging other people? Those who live in condemnation over others, are themselves under the same condemnation.

Judge and you will be judged in the manner that your judge others, condemn and you will be condemned.

If you do not condemn others then you will not be condemned, and if you show mercy you will be shown mercy, and if you forgive you will be forgiven. The words of Christ himself(Luk 6:37), do you believe them? Do you believe that a homosexual who does not judge or condemn others and shows mercy and forgiveness will be forgiven and shown mercy? If not, then you do not believe the words of Jesus ...

Peace ...

Old 09-19-2010, 07:31 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I neither condone homosexuality or condemn those who are homosexual, however i have a couple of questions.

Do you spend most of your time judging other people? Those who live in condemnation over others, are themselves under the same condemnation.

Judge and you will be judged in the manner that your judge others, condemn and you will be condemned.

If you do not condemn others then you will not be condemned, and if you show mercy you will be shown mercy, and if you forgive you will be forgiven. The words of Christ himself(Luk 6:37), do you believe them? Do you believe that a homosexual who does not judge or condemn others and shows mercy and forgiveness will be forgiven and shown mercy? If not, then you do not believe the words of Jesus ...

Peace ...
You're right, of course. But the question this thread prompts is, does God want homosexuals leading the Church? The answer must be filtered through God's Word. Searching for that answer is not being judgmental.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:33 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

Peace ...
Peace....I say it's a great beginning for tolerance, openess and love. By the way Sodomy includes everything(including oral sex, touching etc...)...literally....besides the missionary position.....so I would assume very few of us are without this so called "sin".

Sodomy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sodomy law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-19-2010, 07:55 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You're right, of course. But the question this thread prompts is, does God want homosexuals leading the Church? The answer must be filtered through God's Word. Searching for that answer is not being judgmental.
That is a personal decision. If you don't agree you don't have to go to their church, but why sit and rail in accusation and condemnation against them? Even the archangel Michael dared not to bring a railing accusation against the devil, but only said the lord rebuke you.

Peace ...

Old 09-19-2010, 08:06 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Moderator cut: reminder

Guys, there have been edits and deleted posts galore and there were only two pages..I realize that the topic is very sensitive but please keep the TOS in mind if you wish to continue this thread

Old 09-19-2010, 08:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Well, personally, I think that it is odd when people start threads condemning a whole group of people - or any people for that matter.
I think it is great that there is starting to be more acceptance in the world. More love is always a good thing, in my opinion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity