Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:29 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince
IS BELIEF ENOUGH OR DO I HAVE TO BE OBEDIENT ALSO?
In this age of “easy believism” many people accept the invitation to “Believe on Jesus Christ as the Son of God and to accept Him as your personal Savior.” The evangelist or minister will have told the congregation something to the effect that “If you pray to God, admitting that you are a sinner and that you need to repent of your sins, at the instant you put your trust in Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, you are saved and assured of going to heaven when you die.” They often assure the multitude that once this transaction takes place, there is nothing they can do that will cause them to lose this salvation

It is true that they can never lose their salvation once they have been bought with a price and sealed as His, BUT it is their first inheritance which is in jeopardy if any believer decides to make like the prodigal son in living the wild life, they will find that they have given up their first inheritance which is to be that vessel unto honour in God's House: the elect aka the disciples.

There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth over the loss of their first inheritance when they see they have been left behind at the pre tribulational rapture event which is also when judgment will fall on the House of God at that time, seperating the foolish virgins that has departed from faith from the chaste bride of Christ that kept the faith as well as seperating the prodigal son from the loyal son.

There is a high calling of Christ and a race to run to be that vessel unto honour in God's House, but there is a rest in Jesus Christ that we are His as we look to the author and finsiher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight and sin that so easily besets us so we are able to run the race.

Notice here how those overthrown in their faith are still His.

2 Timothy 2: 18Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 22Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

So there is a call to every believer that name the name of Christ to depart from iniquity. Even those that had believed but no longer are still His, but they run the risk of being left behind if they are still denying Him when judgment falls on the House of God: they miss out on that eternal glory which comes with our salvation which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 2: 10Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. 14Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. 15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

If we put into remembrance what happens at salvation, we know that every believer has been bought with a price and sealed as His, but how they build on that foundation will show how they are living that personal reconciled relationship with Jesus Christ. If they only build upon it wood, stubble, and hay, then when judgment falls on the House of God, the "temple" of God will be destroyed and thus becoming a vessel unto dishonour in His house and yet he shall be saved as through fire.

1 Corinthians 3:10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are....21Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's; 22Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's; 23And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

1 Corinthians 6:19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

So there is a call to depart from iniquity for every believer as we look to Jesus Christ and trust Him as Our Good Shepherd to help us lay aside every weight and sin that so easily besets us so we can obtain that eternal glory of being that vessel unto honour in God;s House that comes with our salvation which is in Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 12: 1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I would emphasize once again that it is not salvation which is at stake, but the first inheritance and why every believer should be exhorted to be that vessel unto honour in God's House by heeding that high calling of Christ.

Philippians 3: 14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

So for those that have gone astray and have become deceased:

John 6: 38For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Yet for those that have gone astray and are still among the living:

2 Corinthians 5: 7(For we walk by faith, not by sight 8We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

No believer will want to be left behind or become that vessel unto dishonour in God's House. The loss will be severe enough that God will have to wipe away those tears in order for those believers to get past their losses, but make no mistake: it is a loss. Once the doors are shut for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, that inheritance can never be had ever again so that call is urgent.

No one can lose their salvation: but they can lose their first inheritance. How we run that race is important as it must always be done by faith in Jesus Christ wherein is our resting place.

Colossians 1:20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. 21And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;....27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 29Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

If every believer knows about the reality of their new life in Christ in that He is with us always as being in us, how then should we live but to walk with God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 02:41 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
It all depends upon what your goal is. Are you content not to spend an eternity in Hell? In that case, you really don't have to do much at all. Do you want more than that? Then you need to do more.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:52 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,024,985 times
If it wasn`t for the devil and his work in the World were new converts is conserned, than just believing would be plenty enough, but the devil and this world is going into the opposite direction than the Lord God in HIS Rightousness of his ways.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:09 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times
Even those who do not believe now will get there later. God will reveal Himself to them, too.

Blessings!
brian

Old 09-22-2010, 05:55 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
[/i]

It is true that they can never lose their salvation once they have been bought with a price and sealed as His, BUT it is their first inheritance which is in jeopardy if any believer decides to make like the prodigal son in living the wild life, they will find that they have given up their first inheritance which is to be that vessel unto honour in God's House: the elect aka the disciples.

There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth over the loss of their first inheritance when they see they have been left behind at the pre tribulational rapture event which is also when judgment will fall on the House of God at that time, seperating the foolish virgins that has departed from faith from the chaste bride of Christ that kept the faith as well as seperating the prodigal son from the loyal son.

There is a high calling of Christ and a race to run to be that vessel unto honour in God's House, but there is a rest in Jesus Christ that we are His as we look to the author and finsiher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight and sin that so easily besets us so we are able to run the race.

Notice here how those overthrown in their faith are still His.

2 Timothy 2: 18Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 22Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

So there is a call to every believer that name the name of Christ to depart from iniquity. Even those that had believed but no longer are still His, but they run the risk of being left behind if they are still denying Him when judgment falls on the House of God: they miss out on that eternal glory which comes with our salvation which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 2: 10Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. 14Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. 15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

If we put into remembrance what happens at salvation, we know that every believer has been bought with a price and sealed as His, but how they build on that foundation will show how they are living that personal reconciled relationship with Jesus Christ. If they only build upon it wood, stubble, and hay, then when judgment falls on the House of God, the "temple" of God will be destroyed and thus becoming a vessel unto dishonour in His house and yet he shall be saved as through fire.

1 Corinthians 3:10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are....21Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's; 22Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's; 23And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

1 Corinthians 6:19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

So there is a call to depart from iniquity for every believer as we look to Jesus Christ and trust Him as Our Good Shepherd to help us lay aside every weight and sin that so easily besets us so we can obtain that eternal glory of being that vessel unto honour in God;s House that comes with our salvation which is in Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 12: 1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I would emphasize once again that it is not salvation which is at stake, but the first inheritance and why every believer should be exhorted to be that vessel unto honour in God's House by heeding that high calling of Christ.

Philippians 3: 14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

So for those that have gone astray and have become deceased:

John 6: 38For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Yet for those that have gone astray and are still among the living:

2 Corinthians 5: 7(For we walk by faith, not by sight 8We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

No believer will want to be left behind or become that vessel unto dishonour in God's House. The loss will be severe enough that God will have to wipe away those tears in order for those believers to get past their losses, but make no mistake: it is a loss. Once the doors are shut for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, that inheritance can never be had ever again so that call is urgent.

No one can lose their salvation: but they can lose their first inheritance. How we run that race is important as it must always be done by faith in Jesus Christ wherein is our resting place.

Colossians 1:20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. 21And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;....27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 29Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

If every believer knows about the reality of their new life in Christ in that He is with us always as being in us, how then should we live but to walk with God?
...as to the purple bolded parts of your post above...

...please prove through Scripture that it is only your "first inheritance" and not your "salvation" that can be forfeited by unbelief and disobedience. Thank you.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...as to the purple bolded parts of your post above...

...please prove through Scripture that it is only your "first inheritance" and not your "salvation" that can be forfeited by unbelief and disobedience. Thank you.
Salvation cannot be lost period:

The first inheritance as pertaining to being that vessel unto honour in God's House can be lost if a believer does not depart from iniquity. The same believer that should happen to no longer believe but had their faith overthrown as the evolution theory has done to some believers.

If you say unfair or post that this cannot be true, then consider the reality when a person is saved. Take note of this urgent reminder to all believers that are fornicators.

If that foundation is laid in Christ Jesus, then how one builds on that relationship is how one will be judged.

1 Corinthians 3:10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are....

As judgment will fall on the House of God first 1 Peter 4:17-19, and Jesus will finish what He has started in us including those left behind at the pretribulational rapture event: then we can see that chastening from God on the sons of disobedience as described in Hebrews 12th chapter.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. 4Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. 5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. 9Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 10For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. 11Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

If you consider that those left behind would have to face the coming of the great tribulation: this would be the chastening for the moment that shall bring about the peaceable fruit of righteousness.

Revelation 14: 13And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

The works that do follow them is to the dust as one would say happens to wood, stubble, and hay after being burned up.

What works would be considered as those that needs be burned up?

Keeping the sabbath for justification is a work that would be burned up.

If a believer keeps the sabbath to honour the Lord and not for justification, then that is not the same thing as that would not be an offense to the Lord, BUT tacking on our filthy rags of righteousness by the keeping of the law as if His blood and the body of His death wasn't good enough to bring us Home: then that is the offense that will needs be burned up BECAUSE no flesh shall glory in His presence, meaning, no one will be glorying in themselves in keeping the sabbath over other believers.

This would be akin to the foolish virgins that had no oil in their lamps and had to go to the market to get the oil. In an analogy, the keeping of the sabbath would be liken to going to the market as one that is not ready to go because there is one more thing to do in order to be "ready" to go.

But you have been made ready to go and to keep the sabbath for justification would be saying that one is not ready yet as in one is not justified yet, but we are justified by faith in Jesus Christ so we are ready to go at any time He calls.

So may every believer keep the sabbath because they want to: not because they have to, so that their faith in Jesus Christ for justification is not voided for them to be found naked of their faith in Him.

Otherwise, this would explain why robes had to be handed to those coming out of the great tribulation because they were naked of their faith in Christ.

Revelation 6: 9And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

So in spite of any believer's work, if it is for justification which is not by faith in Jesus Christ, those dead works will be burned up to keep the faith.

Colossians 1:20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. 21And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;....

Old 09-22-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Even those who do not believe now will get there later. God will reveal Himself to them, too.
You are assuming that those that reject Jesus now, will not reject Him when He is revealed.

There are some unbelievers that do not want to be associated with the God that orders the Israelites to kill. On an intellectual misperceived basis, they will continue to reject God, lacking the understanding that the people the were being killed or wiped out, were an immoral people whose inqiuities reached so high that God has judged them to be wiped out.

How fares this people when Jesus is revealed?

And if there be such people as these that would continue to reject God, then there will be such people that reject God because they love the evil rather than have God save them from their sins so that they will no longer live in them.

If the judgment was left up to us, we would imprison them for life or give them the death sentences because people can be just plain evil totally.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
If it wasn`t for the devil and his work in the World were new converts is conserned, than just believing would be plenty enough, but the devil and this world is going into the opposite direction than the Lord God in HIS Rightousness of his ways.
Matthew 13:18Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. 19When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. 20But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; 21Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. 22He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. 23But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

I reckon there are four types of people that hear the word as there are three types of believers that receive the word and grow differently.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
It all depends upon what your goal is. Are you content not to spend an eternity in Hell? In that case, you really don't have to do much at all. Do you want more than that? Then you need to do more.
Actually, every new believer is ready to be that vessel unto honour in God's House, but how a believer grows in that reconciled relationship is what counts if he continues to be that vessel unto honour in God's House.

Indeed, destruction is what shall occur for those that do not care about their first inheritance as they will become vessels unto dishonour in God's House.

Hebrews 12:28Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: 29For our God is a consuming fire.

Hebrews 10: 29Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

So this easy going attitude or lack of urgency about where we are in relation to Jesus Christ is hardly fair to portray towards fellow believers.

If we know the reality that Jesus Christ is in us, then would we take care more of how we are living our lives in Him?

2 Corinthians 5: 9Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Colossians 2: 5For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Colossians 1:27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 29Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:32 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
You are assuming that those that reject Jesus now, will not reject Him when He is revealed.

There are some unbelievers that do not want to be associated with the God that orders the Israelites to kill. On an intellectual misperceived basis, they will continue to reject God, lacking the understanding that the people the were being killed or wiped out, were an immoral people whose inqiuities reached so high that God has judged them to be wiped out.

How fares this people when Jesus is revealed?

And if there be such people as these that would continue to reject God, then there will be such people that reject God because they love the evil rather than have God save them from their sins so that they will no longer live in them.

If the judgment was left up to us, we would imprison them for life or give them the death sentences because people can be just plain evil totally.
hi Enow!
Well, I truly believe that man cannot be converted without the intervention of God directly. Man is in unbelief, just like I myself was. But God chose to draw me to Him, and I believe He will do so to every man and woman in His time. His long-suffering is salvation, and that is what man is waiting for. Man is lost without Him, and He knows that better than you and I.

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity