Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 06:12 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times

Advertisements

ROMANS 5

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shal many be made righteous.

Bless Your Holy Word Father...In Jesus precious Name...Amen.

There is no virtue in the cross. Jesus was not the only man to die on a cross. Death by crucifixion was a well-known method used by the Romans to execute criminals. The virtue is in the ONE WHO hung on that cross. The virtue is in Jesus.

The cross and the sufferings Jesus endured are indescribable. There is no possible way we can comprehend the humiliation...the pain and the suffering He endured. The natural mind rejects the thoughts of suffeing and death. It hurts us to think about Him hangng there on the cross. It hurts us to think about the price He had to pay. We should rather think about the glorious resurrection.

The disciples rejected the idea that Jesus would have to die. Even during their last night together...the night befor His death...they were still arguing about who was going to be the greatest in the new kingdom Jesus was going to set up.

But, unless we are willing to take a long, hard look at Jesus' sufferings and death and be willing to identify with Him in His death, we will not be able to share His glory.

Just as it was necessary, according to God's will, for Jesus to be willing to be obedient even unto death; we must be willing to be obedient unto death. Just as it was necessary, according to God's will, for Jesus to be willing to walk the road to Calvary; we must be willing to walk along the road with Him in obedience. To do this, we must DIE TO SELF!!!

Our churches today are filled with Christians desiring to be seated with Christ "in heavenly places." Like the Apostle Paul, they want to know Jesus in the power of His resurrection but they stop there....

THERE IS MORE!!!!.....MUCH, MUCH MORE!!!

In Christ's love...prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 06:21 PM

30 posts, read 23,921 times
obedience leads to righteousness.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleservants View Post
obedience leads to righteousness.
Yes...it surely does!...faith/obedience leads to righteousness...true faith/obedience leads to righteousness. Praise God!

Old 09-22-2010, 12:01 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Yes...it surely does!...faith/obedience leads to righteousness...true faith/obedience leads to righteousness. Praise God!
Rom. 4:5 - But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

Faith alone is credited with righteousness. Abraham is mentioned in v.3. David is mentioned in v.6. Both credited with righteousness without works.

Only the obedience in Christ results in righteousness.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Rom. 4:5 - But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

Faith alone is credited with righteousness. Abraham is mentioned in v.3. David is mentioned in v.6. Both credited with righteousness without works.

Only the obedience in Christ results in righteousness.
You want to say, (quoting Romans 4:5) that faith without works is sufficient unto salvation...and then you want to say that obedience results in righteousness...which is it DRob4JC...?

That's right DRob4JC, obedience in Christ results in God's righteousness being imputed unto the one walking in this faith....only you do not correctly interpret the meaning of this verse you quote: Romans 4:5. Faith alone, indeed is absolutely credited with righteousness...and Romans 4:5, or 6 is not by any means stating that faith without obedience to God's will is sufficient. Faith without works is dead faith. We know this from Scripture itself. Romans 4:5 and 6 (as well as the entire Bible) simply states that God's righteousness in imputed to the one who, by faith in Jesus Christ, walks in this faith, in obedience to God, because he believes in God and His Word and walks in that faith...in His righteousness, God's righteousness, and not his own. This faith is a believing/obedient faith unto God and His will for his life...he, Abraham, walked in faith in God...believing and obeying Him...but all Romans 4:5 and 6 is stating is that is wasn't the obedience that God's counted unto Abraham as righteousness...but the initial faith Abraham had in God that caused him to follow Him and walk in His will for his life...obediently.

This is exactly what I strive to get you all to understand about why I keep God's Ten Commandments...especially the Fourth one, keeping the Sabbath holy...time and time again I am accused of obeying these Commandments because I think this is what will get me into heaven...people say to me all the time that I am self righteous...they say that I am legalistic...that I believe that keeping the Commandments of God will earn me my salvation...and nothing could be farther from the truth! I KNOW! I have no righteousness in me!...it is the Righteousness of God inputed unto me for beliving in Him enough to walk in this faith...obeying His commands and following His precepts...and understanding that I have my part of the covenant between Him and I to uphold...I walk in faith...believing that what He says and promises He will do! as in keeping His covenant with me if I do!

No matter how hard you try to turn the truth of God's Word into saying something that it does not say...(and I am not accusing you of doing this on purpose...I believe that you just do not interpret Scripture correctly...you do not understand correctly what is being said in these verses, and I am trying to show you the correct meaning is all)...you cannot, in any way, shape or form, come away from reading Scripture believing that God does not require of us obedience to His Word...to His commands...it will lead you to your death...in your sin, if you so believe that this is what God is saying...He is not! If you come away from reading Scripture believing through misinterpreting God's truth, that one can die in their sin, while at the same time simply believing in God, but not living and walking in believing/obedient faith, you are so mistaken...and I plead with you to test what you read by comparing Scripture with Scripture...comparing precepts with precepts...comparing line upon line...line upon line...comparing spiritual things with spiritual things...DRob4JC...always remember this one thing...it will help you greatly in your studies of God's Word...He NEVER! EVER! contradicts Himself...ever. This will help you in your understanding of His will for your life.

Agreeing with the views of the Jews, Paul first refers to the example of Abraham, in whom the Jews gloried as their most renowned forefather. Even though he was respected and exalted, he had nothing to boast in the presence of God...saved by grace, through faith, even as others. Not mentioning the years before his call, and all his failures in his obedience...and even his faith, it is expressly stated in Scripture that he did, indeed believe God, and it was counted to him for righteousness.

From this example we see that if any man could work the full measure required by the law, the reward must be reckoned as a debt, which was not the case of Abraham, seeing faith reckoned to him for righteousness.

When believers are justified by faith, their faith being counted for righteousness, their faith does not justify them as a part of their righteousness; but as the means of uniting them to Him who has chosen as the name whereby He shall be called, the Lord our Righteousness.

Pardoned people are the only blessed people.

Scripture clearly shows that Abraham was justified several years before his circumcision. It is, therefore, plain that this rite was not necessary in order to justification. It was a sign of the original corruption of human nature. And it was such a sign as was also an outward seal, appointed not only to confirm God's promises to him and to his seed, and their obligation to be the Lord's, but likewise to assure him of his being already a real partaker of the righteousness of faith. Thus Abraham was the spiritual forefather of all believers, who walked after the example of his obedient faith.

The seal of the Holy Spirit in our sanctification, making us new creatures, is the inward evidence of the righteousness of faith. Amen.

Verna.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 09-22-2010 at 05:27 AM..

Old 09-22-2010, 07:43 AM

30 posts, read 23,921 times
We must be obedient to the law that is written in our hearts, in all that we do choose to please god over our own lusts/desires, as we obey we are taken deeper in the truth and as we walk the narrow path today, we see a better tomorrow.
we become new creatures, to live in the new earth.
We are obedient to the power that changes us , the light within us.
As we suffer and die to our old self, we grow and become new.

It is our obedience to Christ within us that leads us to this change.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleservants View Post
We must be obedient to the law that is written in our hearts, in all that we do choose to please god over our own lusts/desires, as we obey we are taken deeper in the truth and as we walk the narrow path today, we see a better tomorrow.
we become new creatures, to live in the new earth.
We are obedient to the power that changes us , the light within us.
As we suffer and die to our old self, we grow and become new.

It is our obedience to Christ within us that leads us to this change.
Amen humbleservants!...

Old 09-22-2010, 12:03 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Obedience to imaginary deities is silly, and other adjectives that will bring down the rath of many seeking to silence me through the little red triangle.

In your personal life, feel free to waste your life in this pursuit, but as a whole christians don't stop there, and they start wars of such silliness, and that effects the sane also, and that is where I protest this nonsense, as it infects society and has caused so much death and suffering all over something that does not exist.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:07 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Obedience to imaginary deities is silly, and other adjectives that will bring down the rath of many seeking to silence me through the little red triangle.

In your personal life, feel free to waste your life in this pursuit, but as a whole christians don't stop there, and they start wars of such silliness, and that effects the sane also, and that is where I protest this nonsense, as it infects society and has caused so much death and suffering all over something that does not exist.
Well, I say if they want us to be obedient "unto death" that they should show us just how that's done.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:45 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
ROMANS 5

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shal many be made righteous.

Bless Your Holy Word Father...In Jesus precious Name...Amen.

There is no virtue in the cross. Jesus was not the only man to die on a cross. Death by crucifixion was a well-known method used by the Romans to execute criminals. The virtue is in the ONE WHO hung on that cross. The virtue is in Jesus.

The cross and the sufferings Jesus endured are indescribable. There is no possible way we can comprehend the humiliation...the pain and the suffering He endured. The natural mind rejects the thoughts of suffeing and death. It hurts us to think about Him hangng there on the cross. It hurts us to think about the price He had to pay. We should rather think about the glorious resurrection.

The disciples rejected the idea that Jesus would have to die. Even during their last night together...the night befor His death...they were still arguing about who was going to be the greatest in the new kingdom Jesus was going to set up.

But, unless we are willing to take a long, hard look at Jesus' sufferings and death and be willing to identify with Him in His death, we will not be able to share His glory.

Just as it was necessary, according to God's will, for Jesus to be willing to be obedient even unto death; we must be willing to be obedient unto death. Just as it was necessary, according to God's will, for Jesus to be willing to walk the road to Calvary; we must be willing to walk along the road with Him in obedience. To do this, we must DIE TO SELF!!!

Our churches today are filled with Christians desiring to be seated with Christ "in heavenly places." Like the Apostle Paul, they want to know Jesus in the power of His resurrection but they stop there....

THERE IS MORE!!!!.....MUCH, MUCH MORE!!!

Verna.
If Christ cannot save Everyone then it would mean that the Power of the one man to bring everyone to death was more powerful than His. Praise God that Christ indeed has that Power to save EVERYONE and WILL do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity