Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,956 times

Advertisements

Mark in Oregon, You cry out for God to be more real and he will answer you in this. Your other concerns will also be dealt with and along the way your concern will turn more toward your own relationship with Jesus which is all anyone keeps from their life on earth. As you develop with Jesus at the center, the Christian life will make more and more sense. Mark, you know that the objections you raised are less important to you than the sense that God has not made himself real to you. Be willing to focus this one primary issue before God. He will answer you! Available to you, 808Amigo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 09:48 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,462,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
It's very simple: they are after the
2. Benjamins
3. Big ones
4. Bills
5. Bones
6. Bread
7. Bucks
8. Cabbage
9. Cheddar
10. Clams
11. Coin
12. C-notes
I think it's only about the dough.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:11 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,002,363 times
This is where the disciples missed the mark, they should have sold the teaching of Jesus instead of giving it freely.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,847 times
I stumbled across Bill's testimony on the web about a year ago. I was able to view many of his testimony's FREE OF CHARGE via his website, [url=http://www.soulchoiceministries.org]www.soulchoiceministries.org[/url]

For those of you who choose to bash Bill because he charges for a book or dvd intended to warn about Hell, do you also bash AC/DC or the likes for charging to buy their venomous music which portrays Hell as desirable destination?

Old 09-25-2013, 07:04 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,380,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contributor1 View Post
I stumbled across Bill's testimony on the web about a year ago. I was able to view many of his testimony's FREE OF CHARGE via his website, www.soulchoiceministries.org

For those of you who choose to bash Bill because he charges for a book or dvd intended to warn about Hell, do you also bash AC/DC or the likes for charging to buy their venomous music which portrays Hell as desirable destination?
No, I've never bought AC/DC, but I do know the difference between coming up with a goofy, almost certainly sarcastic rebellious lyrical theme and coming up with a inconsistant, highly scripturally questionable story that is almost certainly a lie or a bad dream that paints God out to be a psychotic or extremely poor designer of the universe who is too impotent or sadistic to fix the justice system he designed so it is not infinitely more cruel than that of Vlad the Impaler!!! (out of breath)....

...But I'm sure Bill Weise fans will buy the argument that God is justified in creating such a place and letting these torments go on for eternity because the significance of sin is supposedly eternal (eventhough we can't mentally comprehend eternity and we are already "born into sin" because of the sin of a guy named Adam) and because 75 to 99% of the human race who in their so-called "free-will" didn't "choose" the right religion in a world full of religions and Christian denominations (some of which are annihilationist or universal reconciliationist) and almost 2000 years of no second coming and confusing scientific discoveries...sad...Man I had almost forgotten about Bill Wiese Nothing gets my blood boiling more than someone painting God's design (which is really the issue here) in such an irrationally sadistic light...and yes, making money off of it ;p

Last edited by Jrhockney; 09-25-2013 at 07:14 PM..

Old 09-25-2013, 09:07 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,276,700 times
Please forgive the brief interruption within this thread, but the moderators just wanted to let everyone know that there is a new Sticky at the top of the forum, which we are requesting that all members please take the time to read. Thanks, and please to resume posting in response to the OP, which is an excellent topic of debate!

Old 09-26-2013, 01:04 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
I think it's only about the dough.
A: I quit my job at the bakery.
B: Why?
A: Oh, I got sick of the dough and thought I'd go on the loaf.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 09-26-2013 at 01:27 AM..

Old 09-26-2013, 01:26 AM

Old 09-26-2013, 04:59 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,235,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
...only 1/14 of the worlds population at any given time in the history of our civilization is going to make it into the "Kingdom of God". That would be roughly 500 million out of 7 billion people. I have a hard time believing that a "loving" God would damn 13/14 of his population to hell. And if this is really true, this is not a God that I feel I can associate with, nor want to spend eternity with. If He was truly omniscient, He would have known at the time of creaton what his creation would divert to, and if he was truly "loving", he would have put a countermeasure in place. Remember, according to the 1.5 billion Muslims on the planet, you're the one going to hell. Now, I'm not trying to stand up for Islam. I'm just stating a point. They were brought onto this earth knowing only Islam. Who is correct by telling them they're wrong. This is all they know. This is just one example.
Not to sound unkind, but... if you've read the Bible you should know the answers to these questions. Abandon the dead church and find out the answers for yourself. Read the Bible. Please. Take a few years to do it. Don't rush it. Americans have turned Christianity into a joke. Good luck in your search.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
Not to sound unkind, but... if you've read the Bible you should know the answers to these questions. Abandon the dead church and find out the answers for yourself. Read the Bible. Please. Take a few years to do it. Don't rush it. Americans have turned Christianity into a joke. Good luck in your search.
I would strongly agree with Led Zeppelin: the more radical fringe of Christianity in this country who call themselves Evangelicals have effectively put Christianity in a strait-jacket by hijacking all reason and logic. The inmates are running the asylum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity