Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 11:21 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,277,553 times

Advertisements

Oh damnit...I just replied to a 5 year old post xD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 04:30 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,171,851 times
A microscope is needed to see a very small cell. Take a moment and think how big you are to the cell under a microscope.

Now 'understand this. Has you are big compared to that 'cell, is the same as 'we to 'God.

In other words 'we are the 'cell and God is the one looking down at 'us (no microscope needed).

Yes, that is how BIG God is and yet He says He knows every hair on Our head.

Point?

He sees, listens and remembers (and You don't keep, that body forever).

Old 09-11-2015, 11:42 AM

2 posts, read 2,637 times
Default 23 min in hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Its all about the money ... They don't care to answer the obvious logical and theological contradictions of their "testimony" concerning his personal experience of hell. If God really had given him a vision of hell and had given him a command to get the word out to as many people as possible to warn them of the impending doom of most of humanity, he would not be selling books and DVD's, he would be freely distributing his writings on the internet or through any means possible. If you ask me, the fact that they are marketing and selling this "message" is the greatest evidence of the lies they are getting rich off of.

Peace ...
My church showed Mr. Weise video. I was saddened to see most of my brothers and sisters fall this madness. I did my study on him and his ministry.
I'm a follower of Christ. I see a few things that raised a red flag on his videos and talks. I'm going to mention one. He talks about the demons walking back and forth in hell tormenting souls. Show me in the Word of God that demons are tormenting sinners? There isn't . Hell was ment for Satan and demons to BE tormented not to torment. That alone should followers of Christ to test ALL things 1 Thessalonians 5:21. Check it out for yourself. I use to be in the entertainment industry what I see is nothing but entertainment. The scary music in the back ground, scary videos etc etc.

I use to follow Hinduism and I've met gurus that had the same experience but with different gods. NDE was very common. Dreams , visions etc.

Brothers and sisters I DO NOT HATE or I'm judging Mr. Weise but like the bereans in the book of Acts I MUST and have to test his teachings. There are other teachings in his videos and talks that are far off. All I can say is this. Test it out , Study and read what God has to say not Mr. Weise. I love you in Christ our Lord our King. KEEP YOUR EYES ON CHRIST not man.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:38 PM

2 posts, read 2,637 times
Better late than never...LOL

Old 01-27-2016, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,215 times
I know this was from 2010, but I read your letter. It disheartened me. Just thought I would pass along the book, If God is Good by Alcorn, it is a great book in understanding why there is evil things that happen to people in this world.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,177 times
Default Sad

Hello: I was saddened by your letter but not as you might think. First I haven't read or listened to the Bill Wiese story and I am always suspicious of such stories that are then apparently used for profit. I am saddened by the mis-perceptions that were fed to you by a legalistic, albeit well intentioned and probably loving upbringing - one I deeply relate to. How I relate though is from the position of your mother, as I am the passionate mother of a daughter who is also struggling with her relationship with Jesus Christ, despite having an upbringing similar to yours. First, I want to begin by stating we, the world and all of us struggling lost sold in it, are separated from God. Our world is plagued by suffering and what we see on the human level is not necessarily what is happening on the spiritual level. God's concern is bringing us to Him, not simply making our life easier. Easier does not typically result in a surrender to God. As crazy as it sounds, pain can lead us to a deep walk with God. There is ample scripture to support this and I recommend also reading works by John Piper, CS Lewis, and Tim Keller (Walking With God Through Pain and Suffering)

OK - as a well intentioned mom who fell in love with Jesus as a senior in college - I was determined my children would not have to endure the path of darkness I had walked during my late teen and early adult years. I married a wonderful Godly guy (over 30 years now) and we have had a very blessed Christ filled life together. We did though inadvertently allow legalism to creep into our family during those child rearing years. Legalism in the unspoken form of "you do these things to be a "good Christian", giving the subliminal message of "earning" your salvation, leading to guilt and ultimately a view of a "false Jesus". In retrospect I am shocked but also thankful that God showed me these things. All those things we do as Christians are good - attending church, fellowship, praying, Sunday School, Awana, etc. but if they are done/attended as a 'task', box to be checked off, a means to an end, then they become works, and render Christianity merely religion. This is the message our daughter received, and it appears you received as well. God revealed to me what we had inadvertently done and we have repented to Him and to our daughter. We lover her unconditionally, as Christ does also, right where she is at and have told her so. I pray daily that God would give me that grace to set aside my human desires for her and to love her despite where she is in her journey. I am telling you this in hopes of shedding light possibly on your situation.

For you, I don't know you of course, nor the relationship you have with your mom/parents. I will say though that despite your frustration and disillusionment (disillusionment is nothing to be ashamed of and you are being honest), God is real, He is there, He loves all of us right where we are at and has given us a way back to Him through Jesus. Maybe at this point you are so weary of all of this and could care less. If though there is still a glimmer of hope and desire to know God then don't give up. Begin with prayer and tell God verbally what you are feeling. Look for a Grace filled Bible teaching church that encourages transparency and puts faith well over works (works should be only a bi-product of Faith and love for God). Read Ravi Zacharis's book "Jesus Among Other Gods", Read CS Lewis "Mere Christianity". Go reread the Gospel of John (you might have it memorized from Awana ). Pray that God will open your eyes and be real to you. I will pray too. Right now.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:55 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,024,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrknprgrss View Post
Hello: I was saddened by your letter but not as you might think. First I haven't read or listened to the Bill Wiese story and I am always suspicious of such stories that are then apparently used for profit. I am saddened by the mis-perceptions that were fed to you by a legalistic, albeit well intentioned and probably loving upbringing - one I deeply relate to. How I relate though is from the position of your mother, as I am the passionate mother of a daughter who is also struggling with her relationship with Jesus Christ, despite having an upbringing similar to yours. First, I want to begin by stating we, the world and all of us struggling lost sold in it, are separated from God. Our world is plagued by suffering and what we see on the human level is not necessarily what is happening on the spiritual level. God's concern is bringing us to Him, not simply making our life easier. Easier does not typically result in a surrender to God. As crazy as it sounds, pain can lead us to a deep walk with God. There is ample scripture to support this and I recommend also reading works by John Piper, CS Lewis, and Tim Keller (Walking With God Through Pain and Suffering)

OK - as a well intentioned mom who fell in love with Jesus as a senior in college - I was determined my children would not have to endure the path of darkness I had walked during my late teen and early adult years. I married a wonderful Godly guy (over 30 years now) and we have had a very blessed Christ filled life together. We did though inadvertently allow legalism to creep into our family during those child rearing years. Legalism in the unspoken form of "you do these things to be a "good Christian", giving the subliminal message of "earning" your salvation, leading to guilt and ultimately a view of a "false Jesus". In retrospect I am shocked but also thankful that God showed me these things. All those things we do as Christians are good - attending church, fellowship, praying, Sunday School, Awana, etc. but if they are done/attended as a 'task', box to be checked off, a means to an end, then they become works, and render Christianity merely religion. This is the message our daughter received, and it appears you received as well. God revealed to me what we had inadvertently done and we have repented to Him and to our daughter. We lover her unconditionally, as Christ does also, right where she is at and have told her so. I pray daily that God would give me that grace to set aside my human desires for her and to love her despite where she is in her journey. I am telling you this in hopes of shedding light possibly on your situation.

For you, I don't know you of course, nor the relationship you have with your mom/parents. I will say though that despite your frustration and disillusionment (disillusionment is nothing to be ashamed of and you are being honest), God is real, He is there, He loves all of us right where we are at and has given us a way back to Him through Jesus. Maybe at this point you are so weary of all of this and could care less. If though there is still a glimmer of hope and desire to know God then don't give up. Begin with prayer and tell God verbally what you are feeling. Look for a Grace filled Bible teaching church that encourages transparency and puts faith well over works (works should be only a bi-product of Faith and love for God). Read Ravi Zacharis's book "Jesus Among Other Gods", Read CS Lewis "Mere Christianity". Go reread the Gospel of John (you might have it memorized from Awana ). Pray that God will open your eyes and be real to you. I will pray too. Right now.

You mean this guy?...I saw him speak a few times when he had dark hair and, I think, a beard...Probably about thirty years ago...

Old 02-11-2016, 01:58 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,024,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrknprgrss View Post

On the other hand, why are you telling this person not to read the bible?...

Old 02-14-2016, 08:10 PM

11,240 posts, read 11,019,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
On the other hand, why are you telling this person not to read the bible?...
I may have missed something, but where do you see that this one time poster told me not to read the Bible? I see a lot of suggestions for other Bible related readings.

For the record, I do read the Bible regularly, as well as many other pieces of literature that back up the Bible (as well as much secular literature that contradicts it). I use my God given reason to determine how I relate to what I read.

I understand that human reasoning is considered to be the enemy of any true Bible literalist, but that is aside the point. What is important is that I do read every post that is added to this thread, and I do take into consideration the advice that is included in every single post by every contributor to this thread. An individual needs to weigh the evidence as their God given abilities allow them to do, and to make a clear and conscious attempt to reconcile this information with what they feel in their own heart.

Faith is a gift from God for some people, not a birthright that everyone gets to enjoy.

I hold no ill will towards anyone's beliefs, and I want to thank everyone who has taken time to post on this thread over the years since my initial post. Your comments have not gone unread.

Thank You.

Last edited by ditchlights; 02-14-2016 at 08:18 PM..

Old 04-29-2016, 12:09 AM
tp1

1 posts, read 1,059 times
I haven't read every post, so I hope my advice isn't redundant. Since you're an active reader, I would recommend reading books by Dennis F Kinlaw and N T Wright. Both are good writers and should give you some food for thought. As you seek to know the truth, I believe God will lead you into understanding and a true trusting relationship with Him. I was once an atheist and I didn't have to turn off my mind to come to Jesus. He met me where I was and for 35 years I have been convinced that there is no other life but one with Jesus. May you find what I found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity