Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 06:11 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleservants View Post
many people are in search of the truth.. we look here and look there and we look to the world and worldly things to teach us... we end up getting so confused because there are so many different theories. thousands and thousands of lies.
we need a real "experience" of god in order to come to real faith. when we only tell and retell the religious experiences of our elders , our faith becomes anemic.

We Are Life.
God is waiting on us to call him, waiting on us to seek him and to knock so that he can let us in.
This is not done by seeking the world or seeking knowledge of the world.
This is done by seeking God himself.
god created a world in which we can act responsibly, God does not impose good, he prefers that through our experiences and our errors we come to discover when the true good is.

call on him in the silence of your mind, and wait for his guidance into all truths. he will take away yor doubts.
Of course, the best way to seek Him is to diligently study His word.
One of my favorite verses is Jer. 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 10:20 AM

409 posts, read 399,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Maybe it should say "supposed to be". We live our lives with many ups and downs and all future events are synchronized according to our own reaction to those events. So, we are where we are supposed to be by our own actions and reactions.

The Truth is within us and it is only up to ourselves to find that truth. It is through our experiences that the truth emerges. It may not always be God's truth but since our truths will always change until we are in His precence, it's our truth for the moment.
We should be careful because there are many false senses of truth.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:47 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,573,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
That's where if you paint a picture you see one thing but if you look closer, you see the same design within the picture only smaller making another picture of the same thing only smaller and so on. Right?
No...this one consists of repeated patterns which at first glance does not make any sense...but when you focus on the center...it changes and reveals a design...mine has the underwater cave with 2 fishes in it...one big and the other small...

Old 09-25-2010, 08:47 PM

42 posts, read 44,519 times
Quote:
many people are in search of the truth.. we look here and look there and we look to the world and worldly things to teach us... we end up getting so confused because there are so many different theories. thousands and thousands of lies.
we need a real "experience" of god in order to come to real faith. when we only tell and retell the religious experiences of our elders , our faith becomes anemic.

We Are Life.
God is waiting on us to call him, waiting on us to seek him and to knock so that he can let us in.
god created a world in which we can act responsibly, God does not impose good, he prefers that through our experiences and our errors we come to discover when the true good is.

call on him in the silence of your mind, and wait for his guidance into all truths. he will take away yor doubts.
The gospel I preach is the way to the truth and the life. The gospel is the voice of God so if you're interested in the truth, start listening.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:42 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
No...this one consists of repeated patterns which at first glance does not make any sense...but when you focus on the center...it changes and reveals a design...mine has the underwater cave with 2 fishes in it...one big and the other small...
Aahhhh! Got it! It's not something I'm all to familiar with so I really have no clues about it. But i do understand the concept.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:

We Are Life.

Very good post, Humbleservants.
This reminds me of Jer. 29:13, "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." I believe our God and His Son know how to find every honest soul who is "hungering and thirsting after reighteousness" and that that person "SHALL BE FILLED [with the Holy Ghost, as were Cornelius and his Gentile friends]" ( according to our Saviour in Matt. 5:6.

Last edited by Robert M Prince; 10-15-2010 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-17-2010, 03:00 PM

Humbleservants,
I tried to send you a private message, but apparently you have to become a member to get new private message. I have been trying to send you a sermon, and think I have figured out how. Try clicking on the link below, or by copying and pasting to the address bar. Let me know if it downloads. It plays on Windows media player and lasts about 90 minutes. Let me know if you have any trouble.
https://www.transferbigfiles.com/492...rOVHqvZg%3d%3d

Keep on seeking and you will surely find,
Bob Prince

Last edited by Robert M Prince; 10-17-2010 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity