Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 07:15 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Greek word they use is arsenokoitēs which means "one who lies with a male as with a female, sodomite". There is no way to misunderstand the meaning.
I did a quick google of it - and sure enough! Debates abound! People choose to interpret things the way that they want to. I'm never going to convince you to treat all people equally and you are never going to convince me not to. Maybe I'm too nice. Maybe I'm too loving. Maybe I'm too sensitive (I have been accused of this many, many times). Maybe I'm too accepting. Maybe I'm wrong - but I can't tell my heart that what is black is white. You can live your life the way you want to. I prefer my way.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:16 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,942,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
most christians don't even know what homosexuality IS> homosexuality is NOT a lifestyle it is NOT a choice because it's not an action. homosexuality is an unchosen sexual orientation. The question is aking to asking if black people can be Christians. For some reasons many Christians perceive homosexuality to be a sinful life choice. If you actually TALK to gay people you will discover that those are untrue lies. Gay people know the MOST in this world on what homosexuality MEANS. When somoene says they are gay they are revealing their sexual orientation. They not telling you that they've even ever had sex. When someone tells me that they're straight there is no 'morality' being inferred. They're also not even inferring that they even have ever had sex, they're revealing their sexual orientation. They're revealing an UNCHOSEN sexual orientation... a part of their born core idenity. if you think a sexual orientation is a sin it's akin to thinking a skin color is a sin. Both were equally NOT chosen. Again, this is coming from the first hand source of a gay person
trying to stir up trouble thats all this is

Old 09-28-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I understand it's easier to bridge homosexuality into a race issue to keep people from speaking out against it. Nobody wants to be called a racist - and people such as yourself want to put homosexuality in that category, where it would be widely denounced to speak harshly against homosexuality by linking it to a racism issue.

Homosexuality is a choice based on a sexual act - not rooted in God's design for human beings. Heterosexuality is a choice based on a sexual act. People have changed in their orientation in both directions. That is a fact.

Being black is about pigment color. Can't change it.

You may say I don't understand homosexuality - OK that's your opinion. But I do understand being black - and it is not synonymous with being homosexual. Homosexual sexual acts are considered as sin. I don't need some special spiritual understanding this fact. I simply need to read the Bible and trust God in what was written.
it cant be racist because gay is not a race no matter how much they want to push the issue.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
it cant be racist because gay is not a race no matter how much they want to push the issue.
It's not racism but it is prejudice.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:40 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I did a quick google of it - and sure enough! Debates abound! People choose to interpret things the way that they want to. I'm never going to convince you to treat all people equally and you are never going to convince me not to. Maybe I'm too nice. Maybe I'm too loving. Maybe I'm too sensitive (I have been accused of this many, many times). Maybe I'm too accepting. Maybe I'm wrong - but I can't tell my heart that what is black is white. You can live your life the way you want to. I prefer my way.
I'll repeat it one more time, and this will be the final repetition: I treat you and everyone equally, I am simply trying to tell you what the Bile says about gay sex. It is not my fault you do not like the answer, but your disagreement does not make me guilty of not treating you equally.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:49 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,282 times
Quote:
Nobody is saying a sexual orientation is a race. They're saying it's an unchosen trait, RACE is ANOTHER unchosen trait. Left handedness is another unchosen trait that was thought to be a CHOICE by the church until recently. RACe is a TYPE of unchosen trait SEXUAL ORIENTATION another, BIRTH DEFECTS another.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I'll repeat it one more time, and this will be the final repetition: I treat you and everyone equally, I am simply trying to tell you what the Bile says about gay sex. It is not my fault you do not like the answer, but your disagreement does not make me guilty of not treating you equally.
I mean treating everyone equally as in equal rights for everyone. And I never accused you of not treating me equally. I'm not gay.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Nobody is saying a sexual orientation is a race. They're saying it's an unchosen trait, RACE is ANOTHER unchosen trait. Left handedness is another unchosen trait that was thought to be a CHOICE by the church until recently. RACe is a TYPE of unchosen trait SEXUAL ORIENTATION another, BIRTH DEFECTS another.
yeah i saw on here a post where someone was saying its the samething as being black

Old 09-28-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
yeah i saw on here a post where someone was saying its the samething as being black
I think the intention was that being a homosexual is the same thing as being black as in they are both not a choice. You don't choose your race and you don't choose your sexual orientation. I think it was implied that people would know that being homosexual is not being black. Not all blacks are gay. I would think that was obvious.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:06 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
most christians don't even know what homosexuality IS>
"Most Christians?" Where did you get this information? Was it a legitimate survey or what?

Quote:
homosexuality is NOT a lifestyle it is NOT a choice because it's not an action. homosexuality is an unchosen sexual orientation.
Well, I'm a Christian and I knew this.

Quote:
Again, this is coming from the first hand source of a gay person
So "most Christians" means most Christians you've talked to personally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity