Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2010, 11:48 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
- Jesus was a compassionate guy all right. The question is, did he overlook the people's sin? No. He dealt with them with compassion. He listened, he spoked, and he forgaves.

- Can science explain how wicked the heart is?

- I find it kind of strange that that small percentage is actually not small at all. Every, or most, homosexuals will openly admit that they are born that way. Are you sure that it is a small percentage?

A Christian (overall) needs to understand that the heart is wicked and there should be daily repentance. A Christian's identity is not found in what we do (jobs, etc) and who we are (name, height, gender, etc), but it is found in Christ.
The heart is wicked??? You can't honestly believe that the heart is wicked - can you? That might just be one of the saddest, most horrible things I've ever heard!

Old 10-08-2010, 02:41 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,343,664 times
Before I get labled as a homophobe, let me say that I do not place homosexuality above fornication or any other behavior, in the hiearchy of sin.

I was born a fornicator. If left to my own desires, I'd be a human rabbit.

But I have come to appreciate it's folly ( or sinfullness ).

I have no doubt true love can exist between the same sex. And that the physical relationship can be pleasurable.

The motivations may be similar to heterosexuality.

But I still can't seem to accept it.

"Sin" is a harsh word to many. So is "un-natural" and "dis-ordered".

Those words denote "judgement".

And as sinner, I will not judge.

I'll leave that to the qualified.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:54 PM

223 posts, read 268,969 times
Quote:
I have no doubt true love can exist between the same sex. And that the physical relationship can be pleasurable.
Quote:
But I still can't seem to accept it
And "God is love"

Sounds like you're wrestling with a contradiciton there sport.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:25 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Let me ask you this - at what age did you choose to be straight? Have you always been attracted to both sexes but you chose to be attracted to the opposite sex? Are you still attracted to the same sex? Since you believe that it is a choice - I must assume that you are attracted to both sexes. I guess you did make a choice. However, I have only ever been attracted to the opposite sex since I was very little. I had my first boyfriend when I was in preschool. I had a crush on Michael J. Fox when I was very young. But I can see - since you are attracted to both sexes, why you believe that it is a choice. For most people, it isn't. But I can see how your personal experiences have influenced your view on the subject.
Darn you, Dewdrop! You asked my question! I always wonder about people who insist that being gay is a choice. I ask them to explain to me the process that caused them to "decide" to be straight. What factors did they consider? How did they weigh those factors and what was the determining one? I must have a really bad memory of something, but I seriously can't remember ever making that decision. I liked little boys a long, long, long time before anybody told me I was "supposed to."

Old 10-08-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank316 View Post
And "God is love"

Sounds like you're wrestling with a contradiciton there sport.
No contradiction for me. As I understand Love.
Love and sexual pleasure are two different things in my mind.
One is not necessarily dependent upon the other.

My difficulty with homosexuality is not about the Love, it's about the sex.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:34 AM

478 posts, read 773,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
No contradiction for me. As I understand Love.
Love and sexual pleasure are two different things in my mind.
One is not necessarily dependent upon the other.

My difficulty with homosexuality is not about the Love, it's about the sex.
Do you have a "difficulty" with sex between heterosexual couples? Because aside from the 'naughty bits', there is absolutely NO difference between the sex a heterosexual couple has and the sex a homosexual couple has with regards to how, when and why.

You say you understand 'love', but I don't see how you could based on what you stated. Just in case you didn't know, while love and sexual pleasure CAN be separate, they can also be very much one in the same. When two people love each other very deeply, the best, and most natural way to express that love is through physical intimacy- SEX. Perhaps you aren't interested in being physically demonstrative with someone you love, but most people are- irregardless of sexual orientation. And when two people are lucky enough to share such a deep connection emotionally, I refuse to believe that the next logical step, connecting with one another physically is anything but lovely and special.

Do some people have sex just to have sex, for pleasure only without need for any deeper connection? Sure. But we all know that, again, that's something that certainly isn't limited to homosexuality, so I'm really not getting your point or why you want to limit homosexuals to "love" each other, but take issue with them having physical sex...but you didn't mention being concerned about heteros who have sex just for sex. Pretty bigoted and biased if you ask me...

Old 10-09-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helios666 View Post
Do you have a "difficulty" with sex between heterosexual couples? Because aside from the 'naughty bits', there is absolutely NO difference between the sex a heterosexual couple has and the sex a homosexual couple has with regards to how, when and why.

You say you understand 'love', but I don't see how you could based on what you stated. Just in case you didn't know, while love and sexual pleasure CAN be separate, they can also be very much one in the same. When two people love each other very deeply, the best, and most natural way to express that love is through physical intimacy- SEX. Perhaps you aren't interested in being physically demonstrative with someone you love, but most people are- irregardless of sexual orientation. And when two people are lucky enough to share such a deep connection emotionally, I refuse to believe that the next logical step, connecting with one another physically is anything but lovely and special.

Do some people have sex just to have sex, for pleasure only without need for any deeper connection? Sure. But we all know that, again, that's something that certainly isn't limited to homosexuality, so I'm really not getting your point or why you want to limit homosexuals to "love" each other, but take issue with them having physical sex...but you didn't mention being concerned about heteros who have sex just for sex. Pretty bigoted and biased if you ask me...
Like I said, I also have a problem with fornication.

I was trying to express my personal views regarding sex between individuals of the same sex. Those view are really no different from sex between any two individuals outside the bounds of marriage.

It's a view I hold very strongly, and it's not based upon any prejudice or intolarance towards anyone.

I have many personal views that may not agree with many people of many beliefs. However, I try to express them in a respectful way, knowing full well that I don't hold a monopoly on the truth.

At one point, along time ago, I made a public committment to stay away from this subject. And I apologize for getting involved again.

Threads on this topic, always seem to evolve into hurtful arguements.

And it appears to be happening again.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:57 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,525,671 times
Default Correction

You have opportunity to go to heaven as much as anybody if you have not blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

Read the book of Romans where God talked about giving people up to a reprobate mind.
Man with women was the natural government of God only for sexual desires.
While this is so man can do whatever they desire still.
An example is the eating of the forbidden apple or fruit on the tree with
Adam and Eve disobeying God.
Israel wanted a king when God has no plans for giving them a king.
Yet God allowed then to have a king still.

If man choose to disobey God he can give them a strong delusion mind like he did with Eve being deceived and thinking she smarter then God.

Man in delusion writing books God didn't put biblical approval on today.

The biblical proof is in Matthew 5:17 and Revelation 22:18-19.

Sin is never unchosen sin.
Even if we decide to do nothing to change.

We didn't decide whether we wanted to be in the corruptable seed of Adam and Eve cause that's our only way into a earthly body as humans today.

At least an unborn can dictate what a male and female do so they can have what they want.

We can decide whether we want to stay in that state forever with a corruptable Adam and Eve life with sin or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
most christians don't even know what homosexuality IS> homosexuality is NOT a lifestyle it is NOT a choice because it's not an action. homosexuality is an unchosen sexual orientation. The question is aking to asking if black people can be Christians. For some reasons many Christians perceive homosexuality to be a sinful life choice. If you actually TALK to gay people you will discover that those are untrue lies. Gay people know the MOST in this world on what homosexuality MEANS. When somoene says they are gay they are revealing their sexual orientation. They not telling you that they've even ever had sex. When someone tells me that they're straight there is no 'morality' being inferred. They're also not even inferring that they even have ever had sex, they're revealing their sexual orientation. They're revealing an UNCHOSEN sexual orientation... a part of their born core idenity. if you think a sexual orientation is a sin it's akin to thinking a skin color is a sin. Both were equally NOT chosen. Again, this is coming from the first hand source of a gay person

Old 10-09-2010, 03:04 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,034,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
most christians don't even know what homosexuality IS> homosexuality is NOT a lifestyle it is NOT a choice because it's not an action. homosexuality is an unchosen sexual orientation. The question is aking to asking if black people can be Christians. For some reasons many Christians perceive homosexuality to be a sinful life choice. If you actually TALK to gay people you will discover that those are untrue lies. Gay people know the MOST in this world on what homosexuality MEANS. When somoene says they are gay they are revealing their sexual orientation. They not telling you that they've even ever had sex. When someone tells me that they're straight there is no 'morality' being inferred. They're also not even inferring that they even have ever had sex, they're revealing their sexual orientation. They're revealing an UNCHOSEN sexual orientation... a part of their born core idenity. if you think a sexual orientation is a sin it's akin to thinking a skin color is a sin. Both were equally NOT chosen. Again, this is coming from the first hand source of a gay person
To engage in homosexual acts is a choice even if you believe you do have an unchosen sexual orientation. And as such if one believes they have such a sexual orientation then they need to refrane from homosexual acts because God's model that He uses to communicate His nature and will is based upon a heterosexual relationship if that said person wants to follow Christ.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:15 PM

950 posts, read 3,192,653 times
Why should Christians (and anyone else) be interested to know what homosexuality is? This doesn't make any sense. I don't have problem with anyone choosing to be homosexual, but I am not interested to know their reasons, etc. It is their business, not mines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity