Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2010, 03:40 PM

223 posts, read 268,910 times

Advertisements

When the river runs red, take the dirt road. I'll say no more

Old 10-11-2010, 03:40 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Why should Christians (and anyone else) be interested to know what homosexuality is? This doesn't make any sense. I don't have problem with anyone choosing to be homosexual, but I am not interested to know their reasons, etc. It is their business, not mines.
exactly! so why are the gays on a christian thread?????

Old 10-11-2010, 03:42 PM

Because a lot of Gay people are Christian. So why aren't they a thread? Why are fat people allowed in a church even though persistant gluttony is also a sin? Why is the Earth round?

Why the heck not.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
exactly! so why are the gays on a christian thread?????
There are a lot of gay Christians. I don't think God discriminates - why should you?

Old 10-11-2010, 04:05 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times
Although I'm not precisely gay I would have to say that I'm not sure I was "born" with the same-sex attractions I have. I do not recall having same-sex attractions until I was about 14-15. I was not like other boys, they called me "q***r", I began wondering what that would be like, I couldn't get the musing out of my head, and then I started enjoying it.

I think it's possible some people are sexually suggestible or malleable. I really don't like the "choice" phrase, but for me I think making it out like it's "you're born that way" or "you choose it" is too black and white. There are cultures where most everyone engages in homosexuality, but I'm not convinced that even means we're all born bisexual. The rate of women engaging in lesbianism has gone up and there's reason to think women's sexuality might be more "fluid" than men's. This might explain why a small number of Radical feminists did "choose to be lesbian" as a statement of independence from men. (I think this usually was impermanent or unsatisfying for them, but I know it did happen.) It seems possible to me that social/cultural factors, environmental chemicals, etc can condition or shape one toward certain things.

In my case I fit some gay stereotypes (I am literally "limp wristed" due to my genetic condition, I like antique things, I dislike team sports, I like some Cole Porter songs) so was treated/mocked as gay in adolescence. That apparently released whatever latent bisexuality I have, not that I really act upon it. Although I don't know if it's possible, I can't entirely rule out that in a different environment same-sex attractions wouldn't have developed in me or at least not in the same way. I once considered that maybe "Some are born gay, some are made gay, and some aspire to gayness" but that's probably more than a little glib/facetious.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:24 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Gay is not something that you are born.
So, Waianaegirl, would you mind telling us what went into your choice to be straight? What factors did you consider and how early in your life did you make this decision?

Old 10-11-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank316 View Post
Because a lot of Gay people are Christian. So why aren't they a thread? Why are fat people allowed in a church even though persistant gluttony is also a sin? Why is the Earth round?

Why the heck not.
yeah maybe but they are not argueing about that they are trying to stir up trouble we all know most christians believe the bible and we all know what it says. and what the hell does being fat have anything to do with anything you know not all fat people are fat because they are gluttons

Old 10-11-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
There are a lot of gay Christians. I don't think God discriminates - why should you?
where? why are so many arguing that there is no god? and its all fairy tales bs

Old 10-11-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
yeah maybe but they are not argueing about that they are trying to stir up trouble we all know most christians believe the bible and we all know what it says. and what the hell does being fat have anything to do with anything you know not all fat people are fat because they are gluttons
QED.

But a lot of them are fat because they over eat consistantly, thus consistantly sinning. Some are just fat. Thus they aren't sinning.

Not all gay people are gay because they choose to be either.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:52 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
where? why are so many arguing that there is no god? and its all fairy tales bs
I know lots of gays that are religious - some of whom are Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity