Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2010, 06:58 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I know lots of gays that are religious - some of whom are Christians.
My old pastor was gay, one of the the best preachers I have ever heard.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:00 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,958,320 times
I am gay, too, and honestly can't help it. Not once have I been attracted to a woman. Not once. Being gay has really forced me to question Christianity so much, that I have read numerous books on religion, atheism, watched debates, etc. about atheism vs. Christianity. I have come to the conclusion that, although there may be supernatural being(s), the Bible is nothing more than pure mythology written by men, in order to organize a belief system for the good of mankind. I simply cannot believe in a book that advocates slavery, throwing babies against stones, and talks about dragons, serpents, cockatrices, satyrs and unicorns. Pure mythology. And humans don't need an organized belief system to have morality and be good to one another. All you need to do is simply be a good person. There are good and bad Christians in this world, and there are good and bad atheists in this world. Clearly, religion (or lack thereof) has no relevance on a person's moral behaviors.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:05 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
[quote=hljc;16036131]In Christianity. believers come to recongnise the spirit world is real, that is logicaly unknown to the natural world which rejects the unseen spiritual world.......... Most people have heard of the devil or demons and fallen angels as fairy myths. but Christians have come to understand through their Lord God that these spirits are real and a very dangerous force against man and the world.,... Because these spirits can cause sickness in the animals and man both in mind and the bodies....... So when people have diffrent or irregular ideas and body symptoms against their health, than Christians look to the dark spirits of the unseen world as the culprit, which Lord Jesus helps Christians to be rid of these dark spirits through his unusual power to remove dark spirits from people through prayer to Lord Jesus , ......This is what all the fight is because Christians tend to say only it is not right through the Word of God , but do not give explainations into the spirit issue........[/quote]

This sounds like the rantings of a monk tucked away in a cold monastery in a remote corner of medieval England...

Old 10-14-2010, 02:06 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
My old pastor was gay, one of the the best preachers I have ever heard.
I'm Episcopalian. We ordain 'em!

Old 10-14-2010, 02:07 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,126,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I am gay, too, and honestly can't help it. Not once have I been attracted to a woman. Not once. Being gay has really forced me to question Christianity so much, that I have read numerous books on religion, atheism, watched debates, etc. about atheism vs. Christianity. I have come to the conclusion that, although there may be supernatural being(s), the Bible is nothing more than pure mythology written by men, in order to organize a belief system for the good of mankind. I simply cannot believe in a book that advocates slavery, throwing babies against stones, and talks about dragons, serpents, cockatrices, satyrs and unicorns. Pure mythology. And humans don't need an organized belief system to have morality and be good to one another. All you need to do is simply be a good person. There are good and bad Christians in this world, and there are good and bad atheists in this world. Clearly, religion (or lack thereof) has no relevance on a person's moral behaviors.

Absolutely true. Christians love to believe that morality comes from their "bible" and no other source. What utter baloney. They have no exclusive claim upon morality whatsoever.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:14 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,217,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm Episcopalian. We ordain 'em!
We were independant reformation based.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:57 PM

138 posts, read 181,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The born again experience may not change your desire immediately; but, through faith, you can receive a miracle of bringing your desires to normal; and, you have to will for this to be done through the faith in Jesus' blood. If you have interest in learning more about God's real faith for miracles, DM me.
Does a Christian take for granted that a non-human animal has no moral responsibility to Jesus? I ask because we witness homosexuality in the animal kingdom. There's the book "My lead sled dog was a lesbian," and many anecdotal accounts from pet owners, of homosexuality in their household pets. Biologists are worried about the fact that so many giraffes are now homosexual, their species might become extinct--zookeepers are left artificially inseminating females.

So, are these animals offensive to Jesus, too? Ought we offer them a few copies of the Bible? Would that help?

Old 10-16-2010, 09:38 PM

8,181 posts, read 6,931,284 times
God bless you, Joe Burns.
I'm so glad that you found the strength to keep going when you were a teen and that you are here today, courageously helping teens who need an encouraging word to help them through the hatred they may be walking through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax96cghOnY4

I hope that we can all learn to be more gentle, loving and accepting of each other. We are family.

We are to love.
period.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:47 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
You gave the PERFECT example of WHY you need to know. Because you believe the lie that people CHOOSE to be gay. Which is the CORE reason behind the discriminatory laws and the thought that 'gay people deserve it because they made a lifestyle choice' Beliefs affect behavior which affects LIFE ITSELF. IF you choose to be ignorant (which is the real sin) than you choose to add to pain and suffering.
They have already proven their propensity to accepting lies as reality, thus additional lies are no problem to swallow at all.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:35 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
most christians don't even know what homosexuality IS> homosexuality is NOT a lifestyle it is NOT a choice because it's not an action. homosexuality is an unchosen sexual orientation. The question is aking to asking if black people can be Christians. For some reasons many Christians perceive homosexuality to be a sinful life choice. If you actually TALK to gay people you will discover that those are untrue lies. Gay people know the MOST in this world on what homosexuality MEANS. When somoene says they are gay they are revealing their sexual orientation. They not telling you that they've even ever had sex. When someone tells me that they're straight there is no 'morality' being inferred. They're also not even inferring that they even have ever had sex, they're revealing their sexual orientation. They're revealing an UNCHOSEN sexual orientation... a part of their born core idenity. if you think a sexual orientation is a sin it's akin to thinking a skin color is a sin. Both were equally NOT chosen. Again, this is coming from the first hand source of a gay person
Bull...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity