Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2010, 05:58 PM

24 posts, read 60,004 times

Advertisements

As a Christian I will tell you that I think everyone should know the love my Jesus has filled me with. Really, to me it doesn't matter who you are, Jesus loves you. He died for you, forgave you and if you have faith in HIM, believe in HIM, you will forever be thankful.

Many of my friends are gay. They go to church, they praise God for their blessings and they praise God that they are able to love whomever they please.

Have bolts of lightening come down on them or on me? Nope. God still provides. God is good.

Now, I have NEVER thought it was a choice. My one friend tried to be straight, tried to be attracted to women, but the feelings just were never there. He can't deny his feelings for other men anymore than I can deny my feelings for my husband.

It's not a disease. I've seen disease. I've seen straight people die from AIDS, I've seen straight people die from STD's. I even watched my dad struggle through Colon Cancer.

So, if you are suggesting, anyone, that being gay is a disease, then I assume you are comparing it to cancer or something similar. Me, I'd rather be gay than go through what my father suffered through.

Love everyone. I sure do and so does Jesus. <3

Old 10-17-2010, 06:03 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyfartsymom View Post
As a Christian I will tell you that I think everyone should know the love my Jesus has filled me with. Really, to me it doesn't matter who you are, Jesus loves you. He died for you, forgave you and if you have faith in HIM, believe in HIM, you will forever be thankful.

Many of my friends are gay. They go to church, they praise God for their blessings and they praise God that they are able to love whomever they please.

Have bolts of lightening come down on them or on me? Nope. God still provides. God is good.

Now, I have NEVER thought it was a choice. My one friend tried to be straight, tried to be attracted to women, but the feelings just were never there. He can't deny his feelings for other men anymore than I can deny my feelings for my husband.

It's not a disease. I've seen disease. I've seen straight people die from AIDS, I've seen straight people die from STD's. I even watched my dad struggle through Colon Cancer.

So, if you are suggesting, anyone, that being gay is a disease, then I assume you are comparing it to cancer or something similar. Me, I'd rather be gay than go through what my father suffered through.

Love everyone. I sure do and so does Jesus. <3
It is a sin just like any other sin...Which is disobeidience to God...

Old 10-17-2010, 06:13 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Bull...
Another loving, caring, phony christian spreads gods love.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:30 PM

381 posts, read 799,207 times
the scripture teaches, none of us are without sin and if so, you get to heave the rock first.....that is really the point..I've seen this debate on here over and over and sure there are verses that talk about sexual sins and well, many others....the point is, our biggest struggle as humans in the flesh is walking in love, forgiving, and not letting the sun go down on our anger.....I have no business condemning a homosexual on here or anyone..I don't know their heart....God does...

first,love the Lord with all your heart ,mind soul and love your neighbor as yourself....start there and these threads which sew strife among the brethren will cease....there is only one who accuses the brethren...our enemy, that old scoundrel, satan

Old 05-08-2011, 02:42 PM

205 posts, read 239,625 times
Being a homosexual is a curse on the family as well as the nation, the only way to rid yourself is to tell God you have no control over this evil and that to take the urge away from you, giving him all credit as we as humans get no credit. Yes you can be a Christian and still be Homosexual. If it doesn't interfere with your learning about God he might leave you in that status until his will be done.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:51 PM

205 posts, read 239,625 times
find out the real truth of why we are here

YouTube - WHY ARE WE HERE ON THIS EARTH??? 'LESSON 1

Old 05-08-2011, 09:38 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,427,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
most christians don't even know what homosexuality IS> homosexuality is NOT a lifestyle it is NOT a choice because it's not an action. homosexuality is an unchosen sexual orientation. The question is aking to asking if black people can be Christians. For some reasons many Christians perceive homosexuality to be a sinful life choice. If you actually TALK to gay people you will discover that those are untrue lies. Gay people know the MOST in this world on what homosexuality MEANS. When somoene says they are gay they are revealing their sexual orientation. They not telling you that they've even ever had sex. When someone tells me that they're straight there is no 'morality' being inferred. They're also not even inferring that they even have ever had sex, they're revealing their sexual orientation. They're revealing an UNCHOSEN sexual orientation... a part of their born core idenity. if you think a sexual orientation is a sin it's akin to thinking a skin color is a sin. Both were equally NOT chosen. Again, this is coming from the first hand source of a gay person
I don't have a problem with a person saying that he or she is a gay or lesbian christian. I would even be open minded to agree with him or her if they believe that they were born that way. That's not the problem. What the problem a gay or lesbian person faces is the problem OF SEXUAL SIN. Having sex outside of a heterosexual marriage is SIN. You can't justify it, you can't excuse it, and you can't even say that because you are born gay or lesbian, then God understands. God wants us to be obedient to His will, which is abstain from sexual immorality which is a sin ( and sexual immorality applies to all gay, bi, straight, and lesbian).

Old 05-08-2011, 10:10 PM

869 posts, read 972,690 times
If a religious book condemns a behavior that I am unwilling or unable to refrain from-then I would reject the religious book and the religion that bases its beliefs on it. I would not attempt to reform the book to meet my specifications or to condemn those following such a religion. I might, however, attempt to write a religious holy book of my own where my behavior isn't condemned and start a religion based on it. Especially if I sincerely felt that my behavior isn't wrong and that the other religious book is being unjust in condeming it.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:18 PM

8,181 posts, read 6,931,284 times
Hmmm.

To be homosexual and have a committed, loving, caring, monogamous relationship where you mirror love back and forth between you and your partner, and further come to understand what it means to love, further explore the depths of love as you live your life out together.

Or

To be homosexual and marry a heterosexual because that is what is expected of you, and live a lie, forsaking your own heart and the heart of the one you married? To have love become stunted.... not able to be fully expressed. How can one fully love if one is living a lie?

I'm heterosexual but I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult it is for my homosexual brothers and sisters to live in this world faced with so much ignorance and hatred.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:21 PM

33,265 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
the scripture teaches, none of us are without sin and if so, you get to heave the rock first.....that is really the point..I've seen this debate on here over and over and sure there are verses that talk about sexual sins and well, many others....the point is, our biggest struggle as humans in the flesh is walking in love, forgiving, and not letting the sun go down on our anger.....I have no business condemning a homosexual on here or anyone..I don't know their heart....God does...

first,love the Lord with all your heart ,mind soul and love your neighbor as yourself....start there and these threads which sew strife among the brethren will cease....there is only one who accuses the brethren...our enemy, that old scoundrel, satan
Standing on the truth of God's revealed word is not condemning the person. It is condemning the act. In this case, the sin of homosexuality. The Bible is clear that homosexuality is a sin. It is an abnormal and unnatural lust. (Romans 1:24-32).

Those who give approval to the sin of homosexuality are themselves decadent and contribute to the moral decline of a nation which invites divine Justice on that nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity