Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 05:11 PM

869 posts, read 972,310 times

Advertisements

The problem here seems to be that the bed doesn't fit the patient but the patient keeps vehemently insisting that it does instead of seeking another resting place.

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Old 05-09-2011, 05:15 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
I respect your respect for seeing both sides.
I 2. Homosexual supporters - who want to be seen as peaceful & loving, at all costs
Hi there, That is pretty condescending, whether you realize it or not.
wow. "Who want to be SEEN AS..."

How about let's add another one to your list that makes a bit more sense:

5. Folks who realize that people who HAPPEN TO BE homosexual are human beings who deserve love and respect like any other human being. Folks who stand by them and support them in the midst of all of the ridiculous homophobic condemnation. Folks who are tired of all of the self-righteous dictating to others how they ought to live.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:44 PM

869 posts, read 972,310 times
[LEFT]

Here is a partial list of human beings with some ovewrlap:

1. Murderers
2. Thieves
3. Adulterers
4. Fornicators
5. Drunkards
6. Liars
7. Spiritists, witches, sorcerers, mediums
8. Practicers of bestiality
9. Practicers of incest
10. Sadists
11. Rapists
12. Child abusers
13. Serial killers
14. Muggers
15. Wife beaters

All of the above are 100% human beings.

The point is that no one is accusing homosexuals of not being 100% human. The only thing being said in reference to homosexuals is that the Bible clearly requires a sincere effort on their part to change just as it requires a change from all other persons who once might have been on that list. If indeed a practicing homosexual takes umbrage with that requirement-then the logical thing to do is to seek a religion that accepts him or her as is. Otherwise they will be almost always confronted with the biblical view whenever their sexual orientation becomes known..

[/LEFT]

Last edited by Radrook; 05-09-2011 at 05:55 PM..

Old 05-09-2011, 06:23 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
I wonder if the person who started this thread will give us the statistics of those who are homosexual and also die of AIDS?

Old 05-09-2011, 07:06 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
In Christianity part of the point of marriage is traditionally procreation. In early Christianity the ideal was often more to live a life of celibate service, but those who could not manage that could aid the community through reproduction and family I suppose.

Marriage without procreation is not really adding much to the community.

It can be tolerated with heterosexuals because the Bible clearly shows sterile heterosexuals can/should be allowed to marry.
Wow. I will be in menopause fairy soon. Good to know that the bible "tolerates" me getting married again.

But I just don't know how I'm going to live knowing my marriage won't add much to the community.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:17 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,131,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I wonder if the person who started this thread will give us the statistics of those who are homosexual and also die of AIDS?
According to CDC (9/10 report) - "Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) represent approximately 2% of the US population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV and are the only risk group in which new HIV infections have been increasing steadily since the early 1990s. In 2006, MSM accounted for more than half (53%) of all new HIV infections in the United States...
In 2006, the number of cases of HIV in children who had been sexually molested by homosexual men, reached a record high."
Since it's been increasing steadily... the percentages now (5 years later) would be even higher.

Also...
STD Increases among Gay and Bisexual Men Reported at National Conference
STD Increase among Gay and Bisexual Men

Sparrow,
I'm just amazed that you support homosexual practices despite the harm they cause! I don't see supporting such behavior as loving or truly helpful AT ALL. I see it as weakness, going along with the herd-mentality, too afraid to stand up for what is right. I'm not encouraging hatred nor prejudice toward homosexuals...The purpose of us all is to love everyone, no matter what. I just want to call homosexuality what it is & what consequences it has... not sugar coat it. Loving someone isn't going along with what hurts them... it's wanting & striving for what's best!

Old 05-09-2011, 07:35 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Sparrow,
I'm just amazed that you support homosexual practices despite the harm they cause! I don't see supporting such behavior as loving or truly helpful AT ALL. I see it as weakness, going along with the herd-mentality, too afraid to stand up for what is right. I'm not encouraging hatred nor prejudice toward homosexuals...The purpose of us all is to love everyone, no matter what. I just want to call homosexuality what it is & what consequences it has... not sugar coat it. Loving someone isn't going along with what hurts them... it's wanting & striving for what's best!

herd mentality? weakness? afraid to stand up for what is right?

Perhaps you should look at the way YOU are treating others who do not subscribe to your way of seeing things, to those who do not happen to agree with YOUR personal beliefs.

I AM standing up for what I believe is right.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:47 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,425,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary. Romans 1:26 'For this reason (previously mentioned) God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27] and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penaly of their error. The passage up to this point is talking about homosexual behavior. The passage goes on to describe other sins.

No matter how you try to slice it, women lying with women, and men lying with men is homosexual behavior and it is a sin. The only natural sexual relationship which the Bible recognizes is a heterosexual one (Gen 2:21-24; Matt 19:4-6) within marriage. All homosexual relationships constitute sexual perversion and are subject to God's judgment.

You mention pederasty. Here is the definition of pederasty. Pederasty | Define Pederasty at Dictionary.com

Here is a site concerning homosexuality, including pederasty in ancient Greece.
Homosexuality in ancient Greece - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is a site concerning homosexuality, including lesbianism in ancient Rome.
Homosexuality in ancient Rome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And finally, here is commentary on Romans 1:26-27.

Romans 1:26 Bible Commentary

Romans 1:27 Bible Commentary

God condemns homosexuality. And Romans 1:26-27 is one such passage which makes that clear.
Wow! I think you nailed it.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:40 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The Bible is not a book that you can white out the sections you don't want to believe, and accept the sections you do.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:12 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
. I'm not encouraging hatred nor prejudice toward homosexuals...The purpose of us all is to love everyone, no matter what. I just want to call homosexuality what it is & what consequences it has... not sugar coat it. Loving someone isn't going along with what hurts them... it's wanting & striving for what's best!
Amen. It is like all the people addicted to heroin. We love the people but believe the drug, misused, is horrible. We feel for those drug addicts because we know their addiction might end in death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity